10 Reasons Why Photographers Should Use Adobe Lightroom Vs Adobe Photoshop

• 1 replies

john

• "Touche..."
    • View Profile

* Written by Ricky
    * Posted August 16, 2010

1. Adobe Lightroom is the photographer’s friend, in fact the whole purpose of Lightroom is to be used by photographers.  The      alternative program to use is Photoshop however Photoshop was built more for graphical editing and has many functions photographers don’t need.  These useless functions take up ten times more space than light room does.

2. Uses up less processing power.  Lightroom can be basically used on a cardboard box, of course i’m just kidding but Lightroom doesn’t need all the system resources that Photoshop so desperately needs.

3. Lightroom makes image sorting very easy.  You can sort images taken by ISO settings, shutter speed and much more, this is especially useful when looking through hundreds of photos that you may have taken on that occasion.
   4. Non destructive workflow means that no photo is completely damaged of a mistake is made.  All of the changes are stored in a separate XML file which means that you can go back at any time to the original image.

5. Once you have found the settings that you are happy with on one of your images you can simply copy them and then apply them to the other existing images.  This speeds up the post processing work that we need to carry out, making this an invaluable tool.

6. The presets already on Lightroom can once again help speed up our post processing work, they can also help the non creative create a few image styles that they wouldn’t have known how to do in the past.

7. Turning your gallery into and online gallery is made simple, all you have to do is click a button and the software does the rest for you.

8. Embedding watermarks to a batch amount of images is a simple process that only takes seconds where it would take minutes or even hours if Photoshop was used.

9. Simple to use.  I remember the first time I loaded up Lightroom I was a bit confused as to what I could do, however within a few minutes I picked up on how to use the whole program to a suitable level.

10. More affordable.  Adobe Lightroom was built for photographers so there is no reason to pay anymore for Photoshop because it simply isn’t needed.

Lightroom can be purchased Amazon.com and is currently on offer.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 07:12:38 PM by john »
Life is precious,value it,take care of it,protect it participate and be  part of the living...

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
wow, i am seeing good things here