Do you know the 20 more uses of the coconut?

• 11 replies

lamay

• View Profile
Do you know the 20 more uses of the coconut?
« on: February 23, 2008, 12:07:33 AM »
Every part of the coconut plant has its value to humans; Here are 20 more uses of coconut.

1. TABLEWARES The shell of a coconut can be used to make tableware such as bowls, serving tray, spoon or ladle.
   2. FASHION ACCESSORIES The coconut shell can also be carved out to make fashion accessories like necklaces, bangles, pendants, earrings and so on. In fact, the Hawaiians use coconut shell to make the buttons for their Hawaiian shirts.
   3. FURNITURES The trunk of the coconut palm can be turned into furniture.
   4. FUEL SOURCES The coconut shell and coconut husks are good sources of fuel.
   5. BROOMS The midribs of the coconut leaves are usually bundled and tied up with strings to become brooms.
   6. BARBECUE SKEWERS The midribs or the coconut leaves can also be used as barbecue skewers.
   7. ROPES The fiber material of coconut husk, which is also known as coir, can be used to make ropes.
   8. BRUSHES The fiber material of coconut husk can also be used to make brushes which are usually used to scrub floors.
   9. WOVEN PRODUCTS The coconut leaves can be woven to create products like baskets, bags and mats.
  10. MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS Halved coconut shells are knocked together to make up rhythms and beats. The coconut shells are also used to make the base of musical instruments such as the Chinese “ban-hu” and “yea-hu”.
  11. ROOF The dried coconut leaves are used to make roofing materials for tropical huts in the ancient times. However, nowadays roof made up of coconut leaves is still being used for chalets at tourist attractions.
  12. HAIR OIL Coconut oil is regularly used as natural hair oil by people in some parts of the world like in India and in Southeast Asia. It is believed that coconut oil can promote healthy hair growth and also to treat hair infected by lice.
  13. BRIDGE The palm wood of the coconut trunk is also used as a bridge to cross river in the olden days.
  14. CANOE The hollowed trunk of coconut palm is used as small canoe by the Hawaiians.
  15. SOAP Coconut oil is used as a basic ingredient in some of the cosmetic soap products.
  16. TOOTHPASTE Coconut oil is also used as a basic ingredient to make toothpaste for sensitive teeth.
  17. RELIEVE MINOR SKIN IRRITATIONS Coconut oil can also be applied to skin to treat minor irritations like insect bites and sunburn.
  18. COMPOST The fibre of coconut husk is also used as compost in horticulture.
  19. MEDICAL BENEFITS OF VIRGIN COCONUT OIL Virgin or pure coconut oil is believed to be beneficial to human. More and more research efforts are being put forward to prove that it has many medicinal values such as an important dietary supplement to boost up immune system, assists constipation or digestive problems, assists weight control, anti-cancer agents, anti-aging properties and many more.
  20. DYE The roots of the coconut plant are used as a dye.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 12:15:39 AM by Myla »
shake it all off and just have fun!

christine

• hello everyone..
    • View Profile
Re: Do you know the 20 more uses of the coconut?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 08:59:11 AM »
wow very useful huh, so we should save the coconut!
make love not war..

janice

• aloha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 09:18:16 PM »
this is great!
i am not a fighter...i am a lover

dj paparazzi

• play by request..
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 05:06:05 PM »
daghana diay gamit ng coconut tree noh?
a very reliable source of current events here in bohol.. and watch out!

amor

• enjoy life..
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 05:39:14 PM »
this is very useful!
everything starts as somebody's daydream..

sutukil

• barato ra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 09:26:50 PM »
nindot bitaw ang coconut, gamit sa mga punoonon ug ulo!
kanindot sa among dapit sa sugbu

dj paparazzi

• play by request..
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 09:30:15 PM »
magamit sad na sutukil kung magkilaw sa isda ug ang suka isagol sa tuno sa lubi.. kinabyuhan!
a very reliable source of current events here in bohol.. and watch out!

angelogats

• OMG Rockz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 06:09:15 AM »
byuti!! then dalhon daun sa beach bitaw...shoooooshhhh...

ryanjoe

• Global Moderator
  • Here without you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 03:15:04 AM »
samot na ug ginataan! mao ni ang pambato!
You had me at my best. She had me at my worst.

chinitAngel

• Global Moderator
  • certified GataL chick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 07:45:49 AM »
swerte ang pinas kc dami coconut trees.  8)
sorry boys, my heart is taken by the best!