"true love is life's best treasure. wealth and fame may pass away

• 57 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Re: "true love is life's best treasure. wealth and fame may pass away
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2011, 10:08:40 PM »
As my fans say about me, "Hilig sa copy/paste". Hehehe. :) ;)
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2011, 11:00:26 PM »
Yep. Our love was verboten. ‘coz she’s a Pinay.
Garduque, scion of a noble Spanish family, fell in love with a peasant girl, Mutya Marina. In those days, such a relationship was taboo. The Filipino was considered an inferior race. Called indio.
The lovers eloped by boat. Garduque's family took chase. As they were closing in, the lovers sunk their boat and drowned themselves in the sea.
Not long after, an island was born on the spot the lovers perished. It was christened 'Marinduque', a contraction of the lovers' joint names. :) ;)
Yeah, felix, you got me really thinking on this yesterday at the beach!

Remember middle child syndrome? Wanting to prove me better than my siblings? That simply spells ambition.
After grad, I could have gone back to her. But my mind was set on my ambition. Besides, I was too proud to beg her to take me back. Pride is such a foolish mask. You could say that my ambition superseded my love.
Paid the price. Relationships were either fleeting or non-enduring. Even marriage was broken.
The game of love I played with arrogance and pride
And every flame I lit so quickly, quickly died

- song line from Charles Aznavour “Yesterday When I Was Young”

Now a lonely drifter. Searching for my holy grail. Will I find it? Maybe this year. Maybe next year. Maybe never. Who cares?
Di btao ako ang pataygutom. Mao nai kina-iya sa ato. Gutom na, ma-ot lang gihapon. Nagsalig lang kai kitang mga o/s Pinoy charitable man kaau. Biay2Xon pa ta.
:) ;)
Had I begged would she have taken me back? Now, I’ll never know. Hehehe. ::) ;)
In love, it is better to know and be disappointed, than to not know and always wonder. (anonymous) :) ;)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

aiko

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 03:12:36 AM »
As my fans say about me, "Hilig sa copy/paste". Hehehe. :) ;)
It doesnt bothered me at all,as long as theres a lesson on wat u r copy/paste ;D
Patience is not the ability to wait,but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting....:D

aiko

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 03:19:13 AM »
As wat u said..maayo pay masakitan kaysa mag assumed  ;D

Nywayz,might i do write a book of love then...  :D
Patience is not the ability to wait,but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting....:D

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2011, 06:42:55 PM »
As wat u said..maayo pay masakitan kaysa mag assumed  ;D

Nywayz,might i do write a book of love then...  :D
It goes deeper than this.
Surely, you’re familiar with the old Japanese word “gidi” or “kidi”. Translated in English, it simply means “moral obligation”. But the Japanese meaning goes a lot deeper. Reason the ancient Samurai warriors, who broke the Bushido code, rather commit sepukko than dishonour his ancestors by staying alive. He loses face, anyway. Rather lose his life than lose his face. ;)
"If you don't feel it, you don't have it. (A Japanese saying)"  :) ;)
The Chinese has a similar code. I must admit that, so many times, it has greatly influenced my decision making. We are all products of the heredity and social, physical, etc factors that influence us. In other words, we make decisons based on how we are programmed since childhood. ;)
In simple mathematical equation, Heredity + Environment = You.
So, what regrets are we talking about? Me for being me? ??? Hehehe.
Maybe I really didn’t care. As such, why should I be hurt now? ??? :) ;)
"Yesterday when I was young
The taste of life was sweet as rain upon my tongue
I teased at life as if it were a foolish game
The way the evening breeze may tease the candle flame

A thousand dreams I dreamed
The splendid things I planned
I always built alas on weak and shifting sand
I lived by night and shunned the naked light of day
And only now I see how the years ran away ..."

- song line from "Yesterday When I Was Young"
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 08:06:11 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2011, 07:18:36 PM »
It doesnt bothered me at all,as long as theres a lesson on wat u r copy/paste ;D
The ultimate lesson is, "Life is just a joke. A comedy of errors". ;D :D :) ;)
"Much of our life is imposed by others needs which we try as we can to meet the goals set upon us, knowing not why we strive to be or at least appear to be better than all around us we tarry through life until we die.
At this time I wonder how many regret time taken from them by proving themselves to others, or do they simply regret not having more or being more.
As eyes close and tethers are broken the chains we tied disappear just like the reality that existed which is they were never there but simply a figment that was produced so we feel superior.
I opt for trial by fire at death, let that give my soul wings rather than rot bitter and twisted slowly composting." (Anonymous)  :) ;)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 07:20:30 PM by juan »

aiko

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2011, 08:47:39 PM »
The ultimate lesson is, "Life is just a joke. A comedy of errors". ;D :D :) ;) :) ;)
Maybe..

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2011, 09:41:10 PM »
Know why life is just a joke? ‘coz one can’t bring anything into one’s next life.
Mao btao samtang buhi pa, me get the most out of life. Marry the girl who’s worth all me have. Gotta be wary, though, that she’s not a thief. That’s the most difficult part. Hehehe.
The Tagala would say, "Ang habol namin sa boys ay,
1) PESOnality at 2) CARacter".

But, at the end of the day, one would ask, "What have I accomplished in this life"?

Another way of asking this is, "What's my contribution to humanity"?

The answer boils down to the 2 of my favourite songs:

1) "The Impossible Dream" from the Man from La Mancha,
"This is my quest, to follow that star .....";
and
2) "My Way" sang by Frank Sinatra,
"I've lived a life that's full .....".

Nancy Sinatra also expressed this in her song (also my favourite), "You Only Live Twice" as,
1) one life for yourself; and,
2) one for your dream,
"This dream is for you, so pay the price .....".

But, really, life is just a joke. 'Cause one can't bring anything to one's next life.
Reminds me of a seminar I attended. We were told to write what kind of eulogy we'd like to have when we're inside the casket. I asked myself, "Do I really care"? Heheheh.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 09:43:26 PM by juan »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2011, 12:04:02 AM »
As wat u said..maayo pay masakitan kaysa mag assumed  ;D

Nywayz,might i do write a book of love then...  :D

fight fight fight to the finish

aiko

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2011, 04:34:51 PM »
Know why life is just a joke? ‘coz one can’t bring anything into one’s next life.
Mao btao samtang buhi pa, me get the most out of life. Marry the girl who’s worth all me have. Gotta be wary, though, that she’s not a thief. That’s the most difficult part. Hehehe.

So so soooo sad to hear about your experienced juan,as you used the word "thieft"
But i guess you gained all the lesson from your past and hoping too nga u still didnt close ur door for another adventure of life ;D gudluck juan kaya mo yan..