OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Nikki Gil : Asian Girl
« on: August 12, 2008, 07:13:49 PM »
Shared by Tony V. and Photos by Hector Cariaga

Nikki Gil: Asian Girl Superstar Hits LA on Aug. 9

One of the prettiest and most talented artists today in the Philippine music and recording scene is Nikki Gil.  Currently, you get to watch her via ABS-CBN’s “ASAP 08”  aired every Sunday. She is also a lead host in “Pinoy Dream Academy 2”  with pop idol, Billy Crawford and Toni Gonzaga.
   Already a household name in the Philippines, Nikki is the special guest of The Cover Boys on Aug. 9 at The Grand Theater (LA Trade Tech) in downtown Los Angeles. The concert features the teleserye idols, Jake Cuenca and Rafael Rosell as well as Pinoy Big Brothers Zanjoe Marudo and Victor Basa and the famous Kapitan Boom, Jon Avila.

The concert is produced by KATZ entertainment with Genesis Importers, Inc. It is also brought to you by Seafood City Supermarket and  Xoom.Com. Tickets which are selling fast at this early time are already available. You may call KATZ at 562-219-7235 or Genesis at 626-272-2754.
Nikki graduated from Shekinah Christian Training Center in March 2004 as batch Valedictorian. She is now currently studying at the Ateneo de Manila University. She attends church in Alabang New Life Christian Center in Alabang, Muntinlupa City.
Nikki Gil was originally known for her role in a Coca-Cola commercial. She was voice talent for various television and radio commercials and jingles including Dunkin Donuts, J&J, Ovaltine, Anchor Milk, Del Monte Catsup, and Del Monte Pineapple.
She later became a regular in variety show ASAP '06, Breakfast Surprise, and MYX. She was a host for reality tv search show Pinoy Dream Academy. She released a self-titled album, which includes the songs "Sakayan ng Jeep" and "Glowing Inside".[2] She recorded a rendition of the song "Breaking Free" for the soundtrack of the Disney Channel's original movie High School Musical, together with Singapore's Alicia Pan and Malaysia's Vince Chong. Because of the success, she was also entitled to make the Asian version of "Gotta Go My Own Way" with Tom Price for the Philippine soundtrack of the 2007 Disney Channel Original Movie, High School Musical 2. This made her an Asian Girl Superstar.[3]

For her special numbers in The Coverboys concert, many were shocked to see singer-host Nikki Gil whooping it up together with the members of the Cover Boys which had sold-our nights at the Music Museum back home.

After seeing the production number, fans and casual observers began to wonder if the daring production number signified Nikki's willingness to finally ditch the wholesome image she tirelessly nurtured since the start of her showbiz career.

"Marami ngang nag-react do'n," Nikki said to PEP (Philippine Entertainment Portal) at the launching of her second album titled Hear My Heart held last Saturday, May 24, at Dencio's Bar and Grill at the TriNoma Mall in Quezon City.

According to Nikki, even she was taken aback initially when she learned the details of the entire number.

"Ako naman, ang point ko, for the people who are judging me, sabi ko ‘Hindi ninyo alam ‘yong back story.' Hindi ninyo alam na the night before the Coverboys concert 'tsaka ko lang ni-rehearse ‘yong prod [production number] 'tsaka ko lang nalaman na 'Gimme More' ang sasayawin ko. And on the night of the concert, 'tsaka ko lang nakita ‘yong susuotin ko," she explained.

NO, NO PRIMA DONNA. Nikki said that if she and her team saw the outfit beforehand, they might request for something "more appropriate." But the young singer quickly corrected herself by arguing that she did not find anything distasteful with the wardrobe either.

"Hindi naman ako magpapa-self-righteous effect, but you know, I personally did not find anything offensive with what I was wearing," argued Nikki.

She added that she was only being professional and that there's no reason for her to make demands at this point of her young career.

"Hindi nila alam na we have to say yes to this production number because we just said no to this another one. So ‘pag pati ito hinindian ko, ano na lang ako? Showbiz-showbiz ka namimili ka, and I'd been telling them I'm not yet a Gary V or a Regine Velasquez or a Sharon Cuneta na magdi-demand na, ‘I'm not singing that song, I don't wanna sing it, I won't sing it,' wala pa ako do'n. Hopefully, I'll get there but for now it's really a game of pakikisama, kailangan marunong kang makisama."

As for the public's reaction, Nikki and her team shared that they were already expecting to hear some unfavorable comments in the wake of the concert. In a fickle industry such as show business, striking a balance between reinventing one's image and conforming to the norms deemed proper by the conservative audience is one tough order.

"It's not like I did anything irreversible. It doesn't make me less as a person to do that. I'm a singer and it's a performance. Medyo maraming nabulabog and we're very careful about that. But then again, we can't please everyone. Masyado kang balot, irereklamo ka. 'Pag gagawa ka ng ganito na medyo experimental, masa-shock sila," she noted, sounding confused.

As for the wholesome image she's well identified with, Nikki reasoned, "Yong wholesome image na ‘yan, I don't think it doesn't necessarily reflect on your outfit. It's your conviction as a person di ba? I mean, kasi showbiz to, e. I don't want to be pretentious, like I don't see anything wrong with wearing a tube top."

Babat

• Global Moderator
  • "Feel the LOVE today"
    • View Profile
Re: Nikki Gil : Asian Girl
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 07:18:32 PM »
...wow hector...tapad mo ni palos!...og si kapitan boom....iregards ko ha!
My Life with Tennis click link 4 details:    http://www.alotbagotchay.blogspot.com

"Some people need "LOVE" spelled out for them."..... including me.. =)

http://www.mikeygatal.com/connect/index.php

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 12:12:54 AM »
she's so pretty

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 12:21:26 PM »
...wow hector...tapad mo ni palos!...og si kapitan boom....iregards ko ha!

close baya na sila ni palos iregards gyud ka nya naa pa gani sya kuha na solo

« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 12:24:53 PM by The BoholBizz »

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 08:05:38 PM »
updates of hector and nikki?

w

willyramasola

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 09:27:44 PM »
did u get her number, hector?