Emotional Dancing With The Stars Opener

• 0 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Emotional Dancing With The Stars Opener
« on: September 21, 2010, 03:08:53 AM »
"Dancing with the Stars" made an emotional return to television on Monday night for its eleventh season, featuring a performance from one celebrity and her professional partner that left one of the judges - and much of the audience - in tears.

Jennifer Grey, who delighted audiences more than two decades ago as "Baby" in "Dirty Dancing" opposite Patrick Swayze, was as charming, effervescent and elegant as she was back then as she hit the ballroom for the first time with partner Derek Hough.

The two performed an enchanting Viennese waltz choreographed by Derek (and set to "These Arms of Mine," a song from the 1987 film), which in rehearsals created an intensely emotional moment for Jennifer.

"In one second, it really took me back almost like in a time capsule and I was with Patrick. I just miss him and I just realized how fast time goes," she said in a clip, later telling Derek, "He was like you, young and gorgeous, and now he's like gone."

During competition, Jennifer kept it together, throwing her emotions into the magical number, which featured some of the late actor's movie moves. The dance more than delighted the judging panel who gave Jennifer and Derek the highest score of the night - 24 out of 30.

"'Baby' is back where she belongs. I know someone up there is going to be very, very proud of you," judge Bruno Tonioli said, referring to Patrick, who was a longtime celebrity supporter of "DWTS" before his death due to pancreatic cancer, one year and one week ago.

"Something very profound just happened right now," judge Carrie Ann Inaba said as she tried to choked back tears. "What you did -- there's such a connection to what's beyond and what's here and it's just really beautiful to see."