"Without tradition, our lives will be like the fiddler on the roof."

• 49 replies

felix

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://felix.boholano.net
Re: "Without tradition, our lives will be like the fiddler on the roof."
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2011, 03:48:01 AM »
Just be careful, mate. You're treading on dangerous ground. Walking on a minefield, so to speak. You might step on one and ... You might disappear again. Hahahahaha.
mura diay nig Afghanistan hahaha...o Libya ba
"Good people are like wind. You cannot see what is inside thier hearts but you can always feel their goodness and sincerity"

http://felix.boholano.net

j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Reply to felix
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2011, 04:07:06 AM »
Know your bigoted frens are lurking behind. Won't dare enter dis site 'coz it's now rigged with dna specific mines. Has become a minefield for them. Hehehe.
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

felix

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2011, 04:09:00 AM »
hahaha
"Good people are like wind. You cannot see what is inside thier hearts but you can always feel their goodness and sincerity"

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2011, 08:05:31 PM »
Know your bigoted frens are lurking behind. Won't dare enter dis site 'coz it's now rigged with dna specific mines. Has become a minefield for them. Hehehe.
Your friends, wallowing in the mud of bigotry and crab mentality, started this war. Should they escalate this conflict, perhaps, other sites like fb will be rigged with dna specific mines. They won’t want to show their faces there – ever. Modern warfare has no boundary.
Yeah, the cruel war is raging. Best to stay away from the war zone. Avoid being caught in a vulnerable spot. Might become a collateral damage. :) ;)

Lisud man gud kon mo-asenso sya. Wa na silai du-anan.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 08:11:31 PM by juan »

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

felix

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2011, 09:17:40 PM »
hihihi

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2012, 10:03:47 PM »
I’ve been away so very long. And I love to go home.
But, then again, can I still call it my home? You know? I feel related to the country, to that country, and yet I don't know exactly where I’ll fit in... Not anymore.
If I go home, I reckon I’ll only become a fiddler on the roof.
:(

j

juan

• View Profile
“The Greek word for "return" is nostos. Algos means "suffering." So nostalgia is the suffering caused by an unappeased yearning to return.”  :)
- Milan Kundera, Ignorance
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 10:16:00 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
"It doesn't matter how adventurous you want to be, you've still got to contain your identity."
- Alex Kapranos
:) ;)

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2012, 10:25:42 PM »
Been reading a synopsis for a musical on this to start 3rd Aug. Suddenly realized that, for more than half of my life, been a fiddler on the roof myself. :( ;)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:38:17 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2012, 06:34:09 PM »
Yes, fiddlers on the roof. That's what we, o/s Pinoys, are.
We’re the ones who packed up our few worldly possessions and traveled across oceans in search of a new life; toiled in sweatshops and settled; endured the lash of the whip and plowed the hard earth.
Time and again, o/s Pinoys struggled and sacrificed and worked till their hands were raw so that people back home might live a better life.
This is the journey we, o/s Pinoys, continue today.
:) ;)