A Chef Like Roger Gatal

• 6221 replies
w

willyramasola

• View Profile
Re: Cooking Time @ Roger's Kitchen
« Reply #1400 on: March 09, 2009, 10:56:02 AM »
LJ is sooo right! Haven't heard a conyo speak in a long while...hahaha!

i am not a conyo ha. just a simple guy here.

Kristel

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1401 on: March 09, 2009, 11:04:38 AM »
yeah, yeah..i was travelling with this politician and we were seated together..he hand carried a megamelt ensaymada with ham toppings. He gave me one piece and he also ate another. But when we arrived, the US customs confiscated the entire box and threw it....nanghinayang kami sa food. He said,"sana inubos nalang natin yun." hehehe...It was supposed to be for his wife who craved for a Megamelt ensaymada.

Yummy! Sayang nga eh, tinatapon lang nila.

Kristel

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1402 on: March 09, 2009, 11:04:50 AM »

We know.

« Reply #1403 on: March 09, 2009, 11:05:11 AM »
LJ is sooo right! Haven't heard a conyo speak in a long while...hahaha!

hahaha ;D It's so funny to hear conyo speak. I have a friend here in Tokyo who's from Ateneo de Manila (as he would say: THE Ateneo...coz for them, apparently, the other Ateneo campuses are not THE Ateneo. LOL ;D) I sometimes talk like that to him to piss him off coz as much as he tries to deny it, he actually speaks the conyo speak. Mogawas jud usahon. And even when he speaks in fluent English, his accent sound like the conyo speak. And this is coming from a guy, ha! Wait 'til you meet the Atenista girl. I'm glad my Lasalista friend is not that bad. hahaha ;D
"A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker." - Buddha

« Reply #1404 on: March 09, 2009, 11:05:54 AM »

I know babe. MWAH :-* hehe ;D

Kristel

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1405 on: March 09, 2009, 11:09:54 AM »
hahaha ;D It's so funny to hear conyo speak. I have a friend here in Tokyo who's from Ateneo de Manila (as he would say: THE Ateneo...coz for them, apparently, the other Ateneo campuses are not THE Ateneo. LOL ;D) I sometimes talk like that to him to piss him off coz as much as he tries to deny it, he actually speaks the conyo speak. Mogawas jud usahon. And even when he speaks in fluent English, his accent sound like the conyo speak. And this is coming from a guy, ha! Wait 'til you meet the Atenista girl. I'm glad my Lasalista friend is not that bad. hahaha ;D

THE Ateneo, huh? Somehow that doesn't surprise me. Hahaha!
I quite agree with you. I used to know this guy from Ateneo and he speaks just like you described.

M

MsC

• God is good...All the time! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: March 09, 2009, 11:24:41 AM »

hahaha! i can relate cause i have friends who speak conyo too..but they're from San Beda.....hahaha!  :D
I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

« Reply #1407 on: March 09, 2009, 11:36:11 AM »
Sometimes it makes me wonder why these people, coming from the top universities in the Philippines and obviously well educated, speak like that? Why can't they just speak in straight English??? Although I know someone from Assumption College...she said the reason the conyo speak started is because the conyo girls need to talk that way (English & a little Tagalog) so that their yaya can understand them. HAHAHAHAHA ;D I'm not so sure if this is the real reason...but it's hilarious enough! hahaha ;D ;D ;D

Kristel

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1408 on: March 09, 2009, 11:39:07 AM »
Sometimes it makes me wonder why these people, coming from the top universities in the Philippines and obviously well educated, speak like that? Why can't they just speak in straight English??? Although I know someone from Assumption College...she said the reason the conyo speak started is because the conyo girls need to talk that way (English & a little Tagalog) so that their yaya can understand them. HAHAHAHAHA ;D I'm not so sure if this is the real reason...but it's hilarious enough! hahaha ;D ;D ;D

That IS hilarious! Yeah, blame it on the yaya. Hahahaha!

M

MsC

• God is good...All the time! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: March 09, 2009, 12:41:05 PM »
That IS hilarious! Yeah, blame it on the yaya. Hahahaha!

hahaha! yeah...blame them...  :D
I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.