First love never dies

• 219 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Re: First love never dies
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2011, 10:03:37 PM »
Oi, sakristan ko kaniadto! While still studying in Ateneo de Cebu, plano pa ko mag-pari. What changed my mind? The incipient mini-skirt fad. Tentasyon jyud ning mga babae! >:( >:( >:(
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

aiko

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2011, 03:22:02 AM »
Oi, sakristan ko kaniadto! While still studying in Ateneo de Cebu, plano pa ko mag-pari. What changed my mind? The incipient mini-skirt fad. Tentasyon jyud ning mga babae! >:( >:( >:(

Well .,not our fault though  being sexy with the eyes of all men.. Charrrr  ;D
If you have really a strong faith to what your plans to be,theres no impossible db..

Wala jud ka..  ;D
Patience is not the ability to wait,but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting....:D

aiko

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2011, 03:22:31 AM »
Too late to feel the regrets
Patience is not the ability to wait,but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting....:D

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2011, 05:31:44 PM »
"Regrets I've had a few
But then again too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption

I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way"
:) ;)
- song line from Frank Sinatra's "My Way"
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 05:33:43 PM by juan »

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2011, 06:29:46 PM »
Too late to feel the regrets
It goes deeper than this.
Surely, you’re familiar with the old Japanese word “gidi” or “kidi”. Translated in English, it simply means “moral obligation”. But the Japanese meaning goes a lot deeper. Reason the ancient Samurai warriors, who broke the Bushido code, rather commit sepukko than dishonour his ancestors by staying alive. He loses face, anyway. Rather lose his life than lose his face. ;)
"If you don't feel it, you don't have it. (A Japanese saying)"  :) ;)
The Chinese has a similar code. I must admit that, so many times, it has greatly influenced my decision making. We are all products of the heredity and social, physical, etc factors that influence us. In other words, we make decisons based on how we are programmed since childhood. ;)
In simple mathematical equation, Heredity + Environment = You.
So, what regrets are we talking about? Me for being me? ??? Hehehe.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 08:12:47 PM by juan »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2011, 12:33:36 AM »
hindi pa naman siguro huli ang lahat

aiko

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2011, 04:22:39 AM »
It goes deeper than this.
Surely, you’re familiar with the old Japanese word “gidi” or “kidi”. Translated in English, it simply means “moral obligation”. But the Japanese meaning goes a lot deeper. Reason the ancient Samurai warriors, who broke the Bushido code, rather commit sepukko than dishonour his ancestors by staying alive. He loses face, anyway. Rather lose his life than lose his face. ;)The Chinese has a similar code. I must admit that, so many times, it has greatly influenced my decision making. We are all products of the heredity and social, physical, etc factors that influence us. In other words, we make decisons based on how we are programmed since childhood. ;)
In simple mathematical equation, Heredity + Environment = You.
So, what regrets are we talking about? Me for being me? ??? Hehehe.
Do u have regrets on urself? ;D

aiko

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2011, 04:24:39 AM »
hindi pa naman siguro huli ang lahat
For juan dear murag huli na jud cguro thats why he cant move on from his past ;D

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2011, 05:15:04 PM »
pinatay ko na!

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2011, 07:02:59 PM »
Let me put it this way. It was my fate.
As the late Pres Marcos said, “Iginuhit ng tadhana”. Decreed by fate.

As the song says "que sera, sera".

"When love comes knocking at your door,
just open up and let it in,
it's gonna be a magic carpet ride".

A word of warning. Your own words, actually. Don't ask yourself, "Will I be happy"? Leads to expectation. Expectation is the root of all heartaches. This type of heartache is called frustration.

Like me. A frustrated elec engr. PRC lic #3244. Started BSEE with expectation of a glamorous career. Grad walang alam. Hehehe. No, wait. I know how to replace burnout bulbs.

Ex Pres. Marcos was a frustrated research scientist. Wanted to become one but never started. I think. Long story. Explains why he had high respect for professors. Organized a team ('think tank') of PhDs that helped him rule for 20 yrs.

Instead say, "Ay nako! Kai sarap2X cguro kon skali mangyayari ito". Hehehe.

_____
"Nothing happens by chance,
everything is part of some Greater Design."

Dec 26th@0100H. Woke up from a dream about Koolan Island, WA. Yes, it was a fantasy island. A beautiful tropical paradise. Can watch the breathtaking sunrise & sunset. Tropical birds flying everyhere. Also badges (kissing birds) and pheasants. Goats brought there by Portuguese explorers long before Capt. Cook discovered Aus for England. Nice for a sojourn.
Only BHP employees & families lived there. Children walked to school barefooted. A very conducive atmosphere for starting a family.
Dawg’s right. Although wouldn't say that accepting the job was a mistake. Rather, a bad decision. Stayed long and contracted marriage measles. ;D ;)
But then again, what brought me to that place in the first place? Fate.
Accepting that job wasn’t even necessary. At that time, many rich HK Chinese o/s coeds in Qld Uni. Keen on getting married to one with pr so can bring assets to Aus. Concerned that when Red China takes over HK in ’97, the govt will seize their assets.
Had this HK Chinese gf. Uncle owned largest restaurant in Bris. Encouraged me to work with him. Learn cooking/operating Chinese restaurant. Had me married her, now, a better chef than RG. Hehehe. :) ;) Not to mention becoming a restaurateur. :D ;)
But me decided otherwise. Me was pigheaded. Wanted a Fil wife.
Once again, it was fate that made me choose a different path.
Oh, yeah, me been moving on. Along the way, have made bad decisions. But also have made good decisions.
The best decision made in my life was coming to Aus in Aug 18, 1980. Why? One year later, in Aug ’81, my progressive renal failure was detected. Original plan was to go to USA. But GC interview was scheduled in '82 yet. Had me procrastinated, would never have been able to go o/s. And died long ago. Not to mention, the horrendous medical expenses family would incur.
Again, me attribute this to fate.
Marriage breakdown changed my life. The lure of wealth and fame no longer held the same fascination or urgency it once did. It is difficult to know why. They say that those who have a near-death experience often use their second chance at life to redeem their earlier mistakes; some pursue the spiritual, and others search for meaning in what remains of their existence on this earth. Discovering what this is for me has now become a quest. :) ;)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:24:53 PM by juan »