• 3 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
The Shah Rukh Khan incident
« on: August 16, 2009, 11:16:26 PM »
by Jon Brooks

If Indian officials stopped, say, Tom Hanks at the New Delhi airport and grilled him for an hour or two because of national security concerns, Americans might find it ridiculous and outrageous. Which is just how Indians feel about the detention and questioning at Newark Airport of Bollywood icon Shah Rukh Khan, who was on his way to Chicago for an Indian Independence Day parade.

Searches on Khan—or SRK as he is familiarly known—increased 800% on Saturday, and the Buzz filled with articles about the contretemps. The story is front page news in India, sitting atop the Yahoo! India home page much of Sunday and meriting several above-the-fold articles and an online forum titled "Is the U.S. unduly harsh to those with Muslim names?" in The Times of India. Headlines from Indian news accounts include "My name is Khan? Too bad. SRK feels the heat of American paranoia," "I was harassed for no reason: SRK,"and "I don't feel like stepping into the US again, says King Khan." Meanwhile, the actor's fans protested what some characterize as humiliating treatment by burning a U.S. flag, and an Indian cabinet minister suggested subjecting visiting Americans to reciprocally inconvenient treatment.

For its part, US Customs says Khan was detained only 66 minutes, which lasted that long only because he and his luggage didn't arrive on the same flight. After initially expressing outrage, Khan—who recently finished shooting a film about, ironically, an Indian victim of racial profiling in the U.S.—said of the incident, "I think it's a procedure that needs to be followed, but an unfortunate procedure."

rogergatal

• Administrator
  • "proud to be an MG security, and i'm watching you"
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
Re: The Shah Rukh Khan incident
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 11:23:23 PM »
same as shinjuki incident by jackie chan hehehe
life is beautiful!

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 11:05:46 AM »
same as shinjuki incident by jackie chan hehehe

naay big comparison bro?

devildawg

• never a dull moment with this bad boy!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 04:11:56 PM »
by Jon Brooks

If Indian officials stopped, say, Tom Hanks at the New Delhi airport and grilled him for an hour or two because of national security concerns, Americans might find it ridiculous and outrageous. Which is just how Indians feel about the detention and questioning at Newark Airport of Bollywood icon Shah Rukh Khan, who was on his way to Chicago for an Indian Independence Day parade.

Searches on Khan—or SRK as he is familiarly known—increased 800% on Saturday, and the Buzz filled with articles about the contretemps. The story is front page news in India, sitting atop the Yahoo! India home page much of Sunday and meriting several above-the-fold articles and an online forum titled "Is the U.S. unduly harsh to those with Muslim names?" in The Times of India. Headlines from Indian news accounts include "My name is Khan? Too bad. SRK feels the heat of American paranoia," "I was harassed for no reason: SRK,"and "I don't feel like stepping into the US again, says King Khan." Meanwhile, the actor's fans protested what some characterize as humiliating treatment by burning a U.S. flag, and an Indian cabinet minister suggested subjecting visiting Americans to reciprocally inconvenient treatment.

For its part, US Customs says Khan was detained only 66 minutes, which lasted that long only because he and his luggage didn't arrive on the same flight. After initially expressing outrage, Khan—who recently finished shooting a film about, ironically, an Indian victim of racial profiling in the U.S.—said of the incident, "I think it's a procedure that needs to be followed, but an unfortunate procedure."

For one thing, whoever that indian actor is, he's not known here. while Tom Hanks is very prominent worldwide. 

another is, anyone outside of the western culture (and on isolated incidents) are prone or can be subjected to forced terrorism/human bomber by terrorists' organizations taking the subject's family as hostages............meaning, the subject/victim is not doing the deed on their own accord.  how often does that happen here in the U.S.?..........although, it did (but not terrorism. instead, by criminals who held a family hostage so the victim-bank manager would open the bank safe, which was copied off from a couple of hollywood movie productions) at one time or another.  if ever that happens here, a family member, neighbor, even concerned citizens does not hesitate in tipping-off authorities, which would expedite investigations and consequent arrests.  law enforcement authorities over here are well-trained on those circumstances.  does india or other third-world countries have those kind of training, not counting bribery, of course.  we do have bribery here, too.  but it would take a whole lot for anyone to actually accept such things and risk their career.

another reason............why would a well-known American celebrity terrorize/kill/bomb a small country and with few western tourists? (i.e. bali incident where most of the casualties were western vacationers).  in fact, most of the people/culture/nation who extend their helping hands are from westernized countries.

besides the above, I don't think there was any incident whatsoever that any American or even any wealthy nation have ever burned another country's flag in protest.  those who do things of the sort are not born or raised Americans.  although, we have done so in the past (burned an American flag in protest against our own government).

one should ask the question:  why would Americans, Englishmen, Germans, Japanese, etc. do it (terrorize another country) when we can do it through CNN?  hahaha!!   ;D ;D ;) :) 8)
"......... anything you say can be and will be used against you.........!" (excerpt from Miranda vs. Arizona, 1966, Fifth Amendment, US Constitution)