Cherry blossom

• 70 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Re: Cherry blossom
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2011, 01:56:12 AM »
She was a geisha. But she left me many unforgettable moments.
“Life gives us brief moments with another...but sometimes in those brief moment we get memories that last a life time... (anon)” :) ;)

murag si Enchong gyud ni

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2012, 02:40:26 AM »
asa ra man ang cherry blossom beauty?

felix

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://felix.boholano.net
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2012, 08:42:31 PM »
asa ra man ang cherry blossom beauty?
nahanaw na
"Good people are like wind. You cannot see what is inside thier hearts but you can always feel their goodness and sincerity"

http://felix.boholano.net

j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2013, 09:59:05 PM »
Reminds me of a once-upon-a-time-way-back-when and the song 'Cherry Blossom Girl'. Japanese songs are very soft but deep. "If you don't feel it, you don't have it. (Japanese saying)".

"Cherry Blossom Girl"

I don't want to be shy
Can't stand it anymore
I just want to say 'Hi'
To the one I love
Cherry blossom girl

I feel sick all day long
From not being with you
I just want to go out
Ever night for a while
Cherry blossom girl

Tell me why can't it be true

I never talk to you
People say that I should
I can pray everyday
For the moment to come
Cherry blossom girl

I just want to be sure
When I will come to you
When the time will be gone
You will be by my side
Cherry Blossom Girl

I'll never love again
Can I say that to you
Will you run away
If I try to be true
Cherry blossom girl

Cherry blossom girl
I'll always be there for you
That means no time to waste
Whenever there's a chance
Cherry blossom girl

:) ;)

Yes, once upon a time ... in Japan.
 :)

"If only we might fall Like cherry blossoms in the spring So pure and radiant."
- Anonymous c.1945  Quoted in Ivan Morris The Nobility of Failure (1975).

:)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 09:59:57 PM by juan »
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

felix

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2013, 11:43:20 PM »
nahanaw na gyud
"Good people are like wind. You cannot see what is inside thier hearts but you can always feel their goodness and sincerity"

sweets

• Global Moderator
  • "pepsi lover"
    • View Profile
    • www.boholster.com
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2013, 02:42:31 AM »

nahanaw na gyud

Perti

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk - now Free

felix

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2013, 02:43:58 AM »
Perti

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk - now Free
naa ra to sila sa kilid kilid bai

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2013, 08:22:58 PM »
She was a geisha. But she left me many unforgettable moments.
“Life gives us brief moments with another...but sometimes in those brief moment we get memories that last a life time... (anon)”
Geishas, strictly speaking, aren't prostitutes. But, .....
Geisha and prostitution
There is controversy over whether geisha are prostitutes. While both sides in the controversy acknowledge that until the 1950s, geisha routinely performed one initial act of paid sex, there has been a sharp dispute over whether this act - called mizuage - should be considered an act of prostitution. A travel website called ThingsAsian says that there is some confusion about the nature of the geisha profession, implying that the conception of geisha as prostitutes is a foreign misunderstanding.

•   At various times and places, many non-Japanese have understood geisha to be prostitutes,
ThingsAsian says that even 19th-century Japanese officials had confusion about this. The website argues that legitimate geisha did not engage in paid sex with clients.

•   Their purpose is to entertain their customer, be it by dancing, reciting verse, playing musical instruments, or engaging in light conversation. Geisha engagements may include flirting with men and playful innuendos; however, clients know that nothing more can be expected. In a social style that is common in Japan, men are amused by the illusion of that which is never to be.

•    Sheridan Prasso wrote that Americans had:
an incorrect impression of the real geisha world, where geisha means "arts person" trained in music and dance, not in the art of sexual pleasure.

On the other hand, a Seton Hall law article says:
"Though geisha were seen as trained entertainers and forbidden to engage in the practice of prostitution, one knowledgeable official estimated that three-fourths of geisha were prostitutes in 1929."

Geisha evolved from the Edo period's high-class courtesans known as oiran, who (like geisha) wore elaborate hairstyles and white makeup, but knotted their obi in the front.
During the Edo period, prostitution in Japan was legal. Prostitutes such as the oiran worked within walled-in districts licensed by the government. In the late eighteenth century, dancing women called "odoriko" and newly popular female geisha began entertaining men at banquets in unlicensed districts. Some were apprehended for illegal prostitution and sent to the licensed quarters, where there was a strict distinction between geisha and prostitutes, and the former were forbidden to sell sex. In contrast, "machi geisha", who worked outside the licensed districts, often engaged in illegal prostitution.

In 1872, shortly after the Meiji Restoration, the new government passed a law liberating "prostitutes (sh?gi) and geisha (geigi)". The wording of this statute was the subject of controversy. Some officials thought that prostitutes and geisha worked at different ends of the same profession—selling sex— and that all prostitutes should henceforth be called "geisha". In the end, the government decided to maintain a line between the two groups, arguing that geisha were more refined and should not be soiled by association with prostitutes.

Also, geisha working in onsen towns such as Atami are dubbed onsen geisha. Onsen geisha have been given a bad reputation due to the prevalence of prostitutes in such towns who market themselves as "geisha," as well as sordid rumors of dance routines like Shallow River (which involves the "dancers" lifting the skirts of their kimono higher and higher). In contrast to these "one-night geisha," the true onsen geisha are in fact competent dancers and musicians. However, the autobiography of Sayo Masuda, an onsen geisha who worked in Nagano Prefecture in the 1930s, reveals that in the past, such women were often under intense pressure to sell sex.

Yep. They're so good at making love, makes a bloke fall in love with them. :-* ;)

Reminds me of Gary Lewis song "Autumn",

You could search the whole world over
But you'll never find
A girl so easy to fall in love with
But so hard to get off your mind

I knew the first day that I saw her
I'd soon be living my life for her

Autumn
(Autumn)
Autumn
(Autumn)
How your name
Has touched my heart

Autumn
(Stay beside me)
Autumn
(Close beside me)
Say we'll never part

She's so completely different
From other girls I have known
She does the things you'd expect her to do
But in a way that's all her own

You don't know what she does to me
When she's makin' love to me

Autumn
(Autumn)
Autumn
(Autumn)
How your name
Has touched my heart

Autumn
(Stay beside me)
Autumn
(Close beside me)
Say we'll never part

I thought I had life down pat
Love 'em, leave 'em and be on my way
(Love 'em, leave 'em)
But girl, since you gave your love to me
In your arms is where I'll stay

Autumn
(Autumn)
Autumn
(Autumn)
How your name
Has touched my heart

Autumn
(Stay beside me)
Autumn
(Close beside me)
Say we'll never part

Autumn
(Autumn)
Autumn
(Autumn)
How your name
Has touched my heart

Autumn
(Stay beside me)
Autumn
(Close beside me)
Say we'll never part

Autumn
(Autumn)
Autumn
(Autumn)
How your name
Has touched my heart

Autumn
(Stay beside me)
Autumn

Watching Rino Kamiya videos brings back memories of Japan sojourn. :) ;)

No different from hospitality girls in the Philippines. Or, RNs. The luvly pix. Perhaps, even luvlier videos. Later, passed around in USA. Wonder how much $ was involved. Hmmmm! :-\ ;)

Used to do something similar with student nurses boarding our place in Cebu 30+ years ago. Looking for Aussie penpals. But no money involved. Only being superfriendly to me. :-* ;)

« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 08:46:07 PM by juan »

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2013, 08:54:19 PM »
Her name was Aiko Gasawa. For mnemonic, I use the Bisaya term ‘aikog asawa’. Hehehe.
Vaguely remember, she lived in Wakegum(?), Okayama-ken(?), Japan. Went on a trip to Shodoshima(?). But that was long2X ago. Yet, she left an indelible imprint on my mind and in my heart.
Why? Suggest read James A. Michener’s “Sayonara”.
Synopsis. A brilliant tale of love and war, SAYONARA tells the story of Major Lloyd Gruver, son of an army general stationed in Japan, dating a general's daughter, and happy with his life. He didn't understand the soldiers who fell in love with Japanese girls. Then he met Hana-ogi. After that nothing mattered anymore. Nothing but her.....  :) ;)

Oh, yeah, her name was also Aiko. Hehehe. There were others, actually. Emiko, Yhemi, etc. But Aiko was my favourite. Oh, it was only a sojourn during my previous life. Hehehe. :) ;) But she left an indelible imprint in my mind.
Vaguely recall watching that opera “Madame Butterfly(?)”. It was soooo long, I fell asleep.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Yes, Japanese opera are long!  ??? Hehehe.

Yep. Rino Kamiya reminds me of spring in Japan; cherry blossoms and Aiko. ... Once upon a time ..... Hehehe :) ;)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 09:23:34 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2013, 09:01:59 PM »
Did you know?
Hanami is not only something to enjoy during the daytime – many parks turn on the night lights during peak season so you can enjoy hanami at night!
There’s even a name for night time hanami: “yozakura” (literally, night cherry blossom).