Don't be so quick to blame others

• 18 replies

Kristel

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Don't be so quick to blame others
« on: May 15, 2011, 11:18:16 PM »
Remember, when you point a finger at someone, three more fingers are pointing back at you... ;D

j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Re: Don't be so quick to blame others
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »
Remember, when you point a finger at someone, three more fingers are pointing back at you... ;D

Be warned, though. People tend to be subjective when presenting their views.
"The focus of subjectivity is a distorting mirror."  :) ;)
- Hans-Georg Gadamer
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 09:18:36 PM by juan »
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 09:06:13 PM »
Bottom line is, be objective.
Objectivity means being able to assess what is real without being biased by self-interest, tribalism, agenda, ideology, or emotion. We think of objectivity as being particularly important in the work of scientists and judges, but in reality it is of value in any role that involves decision making. Without objectivity fairness and accuracy suffer, and far to easily we end up doing harm when we are trying to do good.

When we demonstrate an ability to be objective, other people seek our opinions, particularly in conflict situations. Our objectivity becomes a community resource. :) ;)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 09:06:54 PM by juan »

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

Kristel

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 09:22:20 PM »

When we demonstrate an ability to be objective, other people seek our opinions, particularly in conflict situations. Our objectivity becomes a community resource. :) ;)

I actually agree! :)

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 10:20:00 PM »

What if the community itself adapts a subjective attitude? Therefore, has a bigoted mentality? The consensus decision-making will then be focused on a distorted mirror.
Should that happen, your opinion will fall into deaf ears. Hehehe.
Masabonan ka lag maau.  ;D
That's when the issue becomes political. You gotta convince the community that they're wrong. See what me getting at? :) ;)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 10:21:24 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 11:16:49 PM »
“Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need.”  ;D
- Will Rogers

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 08:40:40 PM »
Yes, Kristel. Politics is a ruthless game.
Shldya become a pissing contest target, whatya gonna do?
Betya be like Taal Volcano. Peaceful, calm and serene one day. Then, spewing molten lava everywhere the next day. ;D ;D ;D

"I'd rather face the mouth of an hungry lion,
than face the mouth of an angry woman". ;D ;D ;D :) ;)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 08:44:03 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 12:51:03 AM »
What if the community itself adapts a subjective attitude? Therefore, has a bigoted mentality? The consensus decision-making will then be focused on a distorted mirror.
Should that happen, your opinion will fall into deaf ears. Hehehe.
Masabonan ka lag maau.  ;D
That's when the issue becomes political. You gotta convince the community that they're wrong. See what me getting at? :) ;)

“Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others. (anonymous)” ;D :D :) ;)

Kristel

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 01:40:55 PM »
“Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others. (anonymous)” ;D :D :) ;)

You're just a font of quotes these days, aren't you? :)

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 01:51:40 AM »
You're just a font of quotes these days, aren't you? :)

Not fair. More spread out, actually. Oh, well, perhaps, when confronting you. For obvious reasons, rather focus on quotes. Hehehe. :D ;)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 01:52:43 AM by juan »