j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Stock markets plunge - live updates
« on: August 04, 2011, 08:51:17 PM »
• Asian markets plunge on back of euro fears and US losses
• World stock markets tumble sharply again, with the FTSE falling 191 points
• Dow Jones Industrial Average falls by 512 points in biggest one-day fall since late 2008
• Oil and gold both decline, as investors race for US Treasuries

Graeme Wearden and David Batty guardian.co.uk, Thursday 4 August 2011 17.53 BST

4.13am: With falls in Indonesia and South Korea adding to the turmoil on global markets, here is the latest AP round-up:
Asian stock markets tumbled Friday as investors dumped riskier assets amid fears the US is heading back into recession and Europe's debt crisis is worsening.
The sell-off in Asia followed the biggest one-day points decline on Wall Street since the 2008 financial crisis.
Japan's Nikkei 225 stock average slid 3.4% to 9,335.26 and Hong Kong's Hang Seng shed 4.1% to 20,989.28.
Australia's S&P/ASX 200 was off 4% at 4,107.20, Taiwan's Taiex sank 4.2% to 7,967.38 and Seoul's Kospi dropped 2.8% to 1,961.79.
Growing fear about the weakening US economy was joined by concern in Europe that the troubled economies of Italy and Spain might need help from the European Union. But some analysts said the sell-off was not a repeat of 2008 when a banking and credit crisis sent markets into a prolonged tailspin.
Traders also unloaded stocks before Friday's release of the US government's unemployment report for July, which is expected to show weak job growth and perhaps a rise in the unemployment rate, which is 9.2%.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 08:51:50 PM by juan »
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Re: Stock markets plunge - live updates
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 10:01:22 PM »
Yes, in this period of uncertainty, best to invest in your knowledge!
Safest way to use your money.  No one can steal it from you. When economy recovers, you’ll be ready to face new challenge. At present, no realistic likelihood that the situation will improve anytime soon.

Main reason looking for a poor but deserving young Pinay for a wife.  With her brain as my paramount consideration. Her whole life in front of her. Invest in her educ. Build up her career. Teach her which ropes to pull. Eventually, skipper yacht. Own yacht when gone. :) ;)

Knowledge is power. And Power is money.” :) ;)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 11:54:17 PM by juan »

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Global Economic Slowdown: Is the USA on the verge of a Stock Market Crash?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 09:58:05 PM »
Author: Rob Key
Published: August 06, 2011 at 7:00 am

Is the Global economic slowdown about to push the USA into a deeper recession?

This week we watched as US politicians attempted to come to an agreement regarding a "slight" problem with their nations debt. At the same time the stock market saw a losing streak chillingly similar to that of 2008.

The S&P 500 suffered a steep drop in price rivaled only by October 2008 at the peak of the credit crunch. The DOW Jones Industrial average erased all of its 2011 profits in one day, down 4.31%, over 500 points. Debt deal or no debt deal, investors are worried by the ever growing evidence of a global slowdown. There are too many negative factors affecting the stock market.

We have seen manufacturing growth figures on a global level decrease, from the UK, USA through to China. Consumer spending in the USA (which accounts for 70% of their nations economy) declined in June. Japan's earthquake disaster in March this year has also caused a "knock-on" effect to the global market. Let's not forget the ever lasting unrest in the East. We are in troubled times and it is not about to get any easier.

Bloomberg's Richard Yamarone recently stated that over the last 60 years, when US GDP growth has fallen below 2%, a recession has almost always followed. Analysts are telling investors to throw caution to the wind regarding the stock market.

"Gold merely bent down to tie it's shoe laces"
The usual safe havens in troubled times are living up to expectations. The Swiss Franc has showed enormous strength against the US Dollar. Gold however, the ancient store of wealth (and hedge against a financial crisis), is still the most popular safe haven. The Gold Price did decline this week but closed on Friday in the green. Gold merely bent down to tie it's shoe laces.

j

juan

• View Profile
No rest for investors: Dow plunges 520
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 09:04:18 PM »
Aug 10 5:53pm: After a one-day respite, U.S. stocks plunged sharply yet again Wednesday as investors were confronted with mounting fears about Europe's ongoing debt crisis, this time in France.

for updates click http://money.cnn.com/data/afterhours/ :) ;)

felix

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://felix.boholano.net
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 03:00:45 AM »
uwian na
"Good people are like wind. You cannot see what is inside thier hearts but you can always feel their goodness and sincerity"

http://felix.boholano.net

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 06:25:10 PM »
uwian na

The question is, Unsa mai buhaton nato sa ato? Doing our own thing all the time? Hehehe. :) ;)

felix

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 10:32:32 PM »
it could be like that juan hihi
"Good people are like wind. You cannot see what is inside thier hearts but you can always feel their goodness and sincerity"

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 11:11:55 PM »
Kick skipper’s a$$ so he’ll hurry up with his thesis. Hehehe.  :) ;)

felix

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 10:17:17 PM »
hahaha