« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 03:05:57 PM »
there's no harm in trying

j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Re: Skills That Are Always In-Demand
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 08:34:43 PM »
You didn't get the picture, did you? ;) :)
Ok. Back to RG. What if all of them become pregnant? It's already a nightmare paying child support for one. How much more for a multitude? ;D Won't be surprised if he'll go to doc, beg her to get a scalpel and slash his wrist ;D ;)
 Poor scalpel. Me definitely won't accept responsibility! ;D :D :) ;)
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 08:38:46 PM »
Yes, multitude. RG alone might be difficult to get a job outright. But if a group of varying transferrable skills – kitchen aides, plumbers, mechanics, landscape artists, engineers, et al – apply together – enough to launch a pending project or mini-project  .....
Another factor to consider here is chartering a plane. Must have enough FIFO passengers to shuttle from Philippines to Australian mining towns and vice versa.
Strenuous. Vaguely remember Dawg mentioning this. Don’t think the case. Many, perhaps most, mines are over-employed. Two valid reasons for this: 1) labour turnover in the mines is very high; 2) very difficult to find replacements. Why this is so? More on boredom than on toilsomeness.

“Interdependence is better than independence” :) ;)
- Covey

« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 08:42:09 PM by juan »

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Reality Check: Entry-Level Mining Jobs
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2012, 06:52:16 PM »
Posted: 12/10/2012 5:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Energy, Mining, Oil-and-gas, Training-and-Development, Construction

Every day we have jobseekers contact us about how to get started in mining jobs or how to find the first job on an offshore rig. We hear many, many stories similar to this:

“I’ve had my HR license for over 12 months and have been looking very hard for a job. I keep getting knocked back because I don’t have experience. I have obtained a number of licenses and certificates to improve my chances but nothing seems to work.”

Or this:

“I am interested in the possibility of finding a job as a truck driver.  To be completely honest, I have no past experience but am willing to do what it takes to learn. I am a hard worker and know I can prove myself when I get on the job.”

The hard truth about mining and energy jobs

Unfortunately, it’s very difficult for people with no experience to break into mining or energy jobs.
At the very least, you will need to have qualifications relevant to the resources industry along with proven experience. These jobs are very competitive and there’s a large pool of people with no skills or site experience who are competing with you for a handful of entry-level roles.

While much is reported in the media about the number of job openings, employers continually tell us the shortage is for skilled, experienced workers.

Advice for entry-level workers

We have a number of blog posts we’ve written to help people in this situation. Before you fill out another application, make another call or write another email, please read these posts and decide if you really are prepared to do what it takes to get a job in the Australian resources industry. You can find them here:
1.   Entry-Level Jos in the Mines http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/Our-Blog/May-2012/entry-level-jobs-in-the-mines.aspx
2.   Addressing the 'No Experience' Conundrum for Mining http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/Our-Blog/May-2012/addressing-the-no-experience-conundrum-for-mining-.aspx
3.   Industry Advises: How to Get a Mining Job if You’re Unskilled http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/Our-Blog/June-2012/industry-advises-how-to-get-a-mining-job-if-youre-.aspx
4.   The reality of securing your first job in the resources industry http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/Our-Blog/May-2012/the-reality-of-securing-your-first-job-in-the-reso.aspx
5.   Advice from a Successful Jobseeker http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/Our-Blog/June-2012/advice-from-a-successful-jobseeker.aspx
6.   Why is Site Experience so Important http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/Our-Blog/November-2011/Why-is--site-experience--so-important-.aspx
7.   How to get site experience if you don’t already have http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/Our-Blog/November-2011/How-to-get-site-experience-if-you-dont-already-ha.aspx
8.   What do hiring managers look for in candidates with no site http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/Our-Blog/April-2012/what-do-hiring-managers-look-for-in-candidates-wit.aspx

Harsh reality

The reality is mining jobs and energy jobs are really tough. Industry employers experience a very high attrition rate for people in their first year of work. In other words, a significant number of people who thought they were cut out for a mining job don’t make it.

If you want some insight into what it’s really like, warts and all, read this post at InterviewIQ, Finding a mining job in Australia…..rich reward or perilous pitfall? Read the inside dirt from someone at the coal face!  

The ticket to success in the resources industry

The best way to get into a mining career is through years of hard work in education and training. The industry is suffering a massive shortage of engineers, people with geosciences degrees, and metallurgists. Other areas in high demand are for trades people with heavy civil construction experience. All of these jobs require a significant amount of training and experience along with years of on-the-job training.

The $200K-a-year myth

Can you earn over $200,000 a year working in the mines? Absolutely, and plenty of people do.
Those people, however, spent years educating themselves to work in a seriously difficult job.
Upon graduating from university, they then spent 3-4 years in graduate programs which are also very competitive. Despite media reports and urban legends to the contrary, there is no easy way into big money in the resources industry.

Final word on licenses, tickets and certifications

Be careful how much money you spend trying to obtain qualifications. We hear from jobseekers who have invested $5,000 or more – even $10,000 – trying to get a job. There are many training companies who leave the impression that a 3- or 4-day course will get you a good job. It won’t. You still won’t have experience when you finish the course. Your best bet is to complete trades training followed by an apprenticeship. That way you’ll have both qualifications and experience

How did you break into your first job?
•   
•   If you’re interested in electrical jobs, visit our niche jobs board where we only advertise real jobs by real employers.
•   You can now subscribe to our blog and newsletter from one handy form. We’re publishing new information all the time about employment in the Australian resource industry.

To read more, click http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/Our-Blog/December-2012/reality-check-entry-level-mining-jobs.aspx
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 07:01:50 PM by juan »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 08:26:18 AM »
ano kaya skills ko?

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 07:59:01 PM »
ano kaya skills ko?
“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there. (Lewis Carroll)”

Another expression is "All Roads Lead to Rome".
Rome was the center of the Roman Empire. There was a system of roads that led from all of the extreme parts of the Empire directly to Rome.
As an idiomatic expression in modern English, it means everything ends up at the same place, all ways eventually lead to the same place.
Hehehe. :) ;)

Australian Mining 27 May, 2012 AMMA Mining Oil and Gas Jobs

Taking a different approach
Even with all the appropriate tickets and licences, many people struggle to get that first foot in the door.
One tactic that has worked for many jobseekers is to take a job that doesn’t require skilled training at all.
Kyla Jones, Site Director at Mining Oil and Gas Jobs advises the best way to get your start is to take a job many workers wouldn’t classify as a traditional ‘mining job’.

“Those types of roles are things like domestic cleaning with site services, gardeners, baggage handlers and bus drivers.” Ms. Jones continues, “You can earn around about $70,000 ::) ;) in a fly-in, fly-out situation.”

If this doesn’t sound like what you had in mind, the biggest benefit to these service jobs might well be getting to know people already in the industry.
“Once you’re in there, then there’s an opportunity to up-skill, retrain and get to know people,“ explains Ms. Jones.

Would you consider taking an unskilled role just to break in to mining?
•   Make sure to subscribe to our blog http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog.aspx . We’re publishing new information every day about employment in the Australian resource industry.
•   If you’re looking for a job in mining, energy or oil and gas, make sure you visit our industry jobs board http://www.miningoilandgasjobs.com/ where we only advertise real jobs by real employers.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 09:02:23 PM by juan »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 04:39:20 PM »
kung bibigyan ng chance, sana naging stripper din ako

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2012, 07:19:28 PM »
Better still, a male sex worker. Oh, yeah, in mining towns maraming mga lonely grandmas. More relax ang retirement living there. ;D :D :) ;)

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 06:39:52 AM »
igiling giling

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2012, 07:06:49 PM »
You'll never know. Tingalig makursunadahan ka. One who owns a farm larger than Ilihan. Inherited from late husband who used to raise cattle. Properties in mining towns like Karratha have now become more expensive than Sydney. If so, constantly pump on her to catalyse her departure. And inherit her fortune.
Would be great, wouldn't it? Hehehe. :) ;)
By the way, are you thoroughly brushed up with your drilling experience? That’s the only exception when applying for a mining job. They’ll insist on well-skilled workers. ;D ;)