Lechon ( Roasted Pig)

• 251 replies

angelogats

• OMG Rockz!
    • View Profile
Lechon ( Roasted Pig)
« on: March 21, 2008, 01:54:20 AM »
The typical Filipino method of roasting involves placing the pig on a spit and roasting it over charcoals while wiping the skin with a brush made out of leaves drenched in water and the pig's own fat. This makes the skin "pop" and become crunchy.

The term "lechon" is also now used to refer to meat cooked on a spit (oftentimes whole) such as "lechon baka" (beef) and "lechon manok" (chicken). In fact, there are numerous brands of lechon manok stalls found scattered in the metropolis.

The pig had always been the center of communal feasts in pre-Hispanic Philippines, and "Lechon" is the normal manner it is prepared. The most popular restaurants specializing in lechon in Manila, the Philippines' capital, are Lydia's Lechon and Mila's Lechon. But nothing compares to lechon from Cebu. Some Manileños even order in Cebu days before their event and have the lechon shipped via Cebu Pacific. They can then pick it up at the airport cargo hot, fresh, and crispy since Cebu-Manila travel time is less than an hour. The most popular lechon restaurant in Cebu is CNT. But since the dish is so popular in this region, it is a typical roadside delicacy that may be bought on the way to a day at the beach. Even lechon bought here are tasty and satifying.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:10:48 PM by thatsmyboy1992 »

ryanjoe

• Global Moderator
  • Here without you.
    • View Profile
Re: lechon baboy? want some..?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 03:45:57 AM »
In the Philippines, it is not unusual for lechon or whole roast pig to grace any Filipino fiesta table. Parada ng Lechon is a parade of golden-red and crispy roasted pigs. The delicious aroma of this sumptuous dish led the locals of Balayan and Batangas to commemorate the feast of St. John, their patron saint on 24 June with the presence of the delectable, crispy lechon.

It is on the night before the festival that an anniversary ball is held at the town plaza to choose and crown the lechon queen. On the event day itself, a mass is held at the Immaculate Conception Church. After the mass, at least, 50 lechons are gathered in anticipation of the celebration. The parade proceeds after the holding of blessing of the pigs and people in St. Johns' name. At this celebration, one can witness a hilarious sight when the roast pigs are dressed according to the theme of the participating social organizations. Some of the lechon are dressed in wigs, sunglasses, raincoats, or whatever the decorators want

In an event of sheer madness such as this, one can expect mischief just around the corner. During the celebration, pranksters toss water or beer over the lechons, drenching not only the lechons, but the bearers and onlookers as well. Some will even attempt to have a free sample of the roast pig's prized crispy skin. To prevent this from happening, some participants cover their lechons with barbed wire.

After the fiesta, the lechons are then brought back to their respective club headquarters or home for yet another celebration of drinking and feasting. As for those who believe in the spirit of sharing, they will gracefully give away their prized lechons to the crowd of audience.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:05:36 PM by thatsmyboy1992 »
You had me at my best. She had me at my worst.

jomargatz

• oMG rockz!
    • View Profile
Wow!!LECHON MANOK..delicious
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 08:18:11 PM »

Basta ting okasyon..naa jud ni. . .coz lami siya kaayo..
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 03:39:52 PM by The BoholBizz »
Contact me..09103530679
Kung knsay interesado or naay kaila magpaDRILL ug tubig... (NO MORE MONTHLY OBLIGATION)

SAW_girl

• i saw,i came,i conquered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 07:32:00 AM »
sarap sarap pero ingat lang sa mga cholesterol nyo

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:06:05 PM by thatsmyboy1992 »

ryanjoe

• Global Moderator
  • Here without you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 09:36:32 PM »

wow, nakakaganang kumain pa
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 03:41:24 PM by The BoholBizz »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 03:40:01 AM »
congratulations to my younger brother Jomar for finishing high school and to my niece Tricia for graduating in elementary as the Salutatorian,i am so proud of you and to my 2 cute nieces Pia and Danah!

tart

• Global Moderator
  • a one man-woman...
    • View Profile
    • www.boholster.com
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 01:28:22 AM »
ga diet ko pero of naay lechon, dili na kapugngan...the best gyud!
follow us too at www.boholster.com

"it's good to be hated of who you are than to be loved of who you are not...."

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 04:50:16 AM »

so delicious..yummmy yumm yumm..i dedicate this lechon to my brother's successful graduation in high school and nieces tricia,(salutatorian), dannah and pia.may all your dreams come true and God Bless!

this is so good
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 03:41:58 PM by The BoholBizz »

ryanjoe

• Global Moderator
  • Here without you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 05:09:33 AM »
they deserve this kind of food! congratulations..

chinitAngel

• Global Moderator
  • certified GataL chick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 07:08:01 AM »
pag pinaksiw na ang lechon, un ang gustong gusto ko!  :D
sorry boys, my heart is taken by the best!