Broome, WA

• 38 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Re: Broome, WA
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2013, 07:48:40 PM »
The Browse LNG is a $34 billion liquefied natural gas plant project proposed for construction at James Price Point, 60 kilometres (37 mi) North of Broome on the Dampier Peninsula, Western Australia. The plant is being built by a joint partnership including Woodside Petroleum, Chevron Corporation, Royal Dutch Shell, BP, and BHP Billiton. It would process natural gas extracted from the Browse Basin. Liquefied natural gas would then be shipped from a port facility also located in the Browse LNG Precinct.
Technical description
The plant will include three LNG trains able to process an expected 15 million tonnes of LNG per year. LNG would be pumped via 8 pipelines to a 2-kilometre (1.2 mi) jetty. In the construction phase the Precinct would also include a camp to house 8000 workers and would entail the clearing of 2,500 hectares (6,200 acres) of coastal bushland.

The Browse Basin contains proven gas reserves of 30.4 billion cubic feet (860 million cubic metres) of gas and 600 million barrels (95×106 m3) of condensate. Estimations of the reserves range up to 60 billion cubic feet (1.7 billion cubic metres), making the basin comparable in size to the North West Shelf region.

Think this been put on hold before the election. Now, heard talk of resuming. Problem is whether ganahan pa ang mga customers. Nawawalan ng momentum. Gonna take a while to pick up. :(
Parehas ra na sa ato. When there’s opportunity, mag-playup. When opportunity’s gone, magcc. :)

"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2014, 08:14:26 PM »
Broome, Western Australia

Broome Western Australia

CABLE BEACH BROOME WA WESTERN AUSTRALIA

Cable Beach
Cable Beach is situated 7 km from town along a good bitumen road. The beach itself is 22.5 km long with beautiful white sand washed clean daily by tides that can reach over nine metres. The water is crystal clear turquoise, and the gentle swells hardly manage to topple over as they roll up onto the almost perfectly flat beach. Caution, however is required when swimming from November through March as stingers are present during those months. Four wheel drive vehicles may be driven onto the beach from the car park. This allows people to explore the beach at low tide to a much greater extent than would be possible on foot. Sunset camel rides operate daily along the beach.

Cable Beach is home to one of Australia's most famous nudist beaches. The clothes optional area is to the north of the beach access road from the car park and continues to the mouth of Willie Creek, 17 km away.

Maybe the best beach in Australia, Cable Beach Broome WA from Flamewheel 550

Panorama Australia "BROOME Gem of the North West"

Western Australia from Perth to Broome.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 09:41:33 PM by juan »

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
$40bn LNG project in Western Australia picks up pace
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2014, 08:46:21 PM »
Posted: 28/03/2014 5:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Mining, Oil-and-gas, Construction

The government has appointed three delegates to assess the previously approved $40bn LNG project just north of Broome on the north-west coast of Western Australia. The project, which had approved by the Supreme Court, was shelved by Woodside and is now undergoing further review.

Western Australian Environment Minister Albert Jacob named the following delegates;
•   Gerard Early, former deputy secretary of the Commonwealth Department of Environment
•   Dr Tom Hatton, group executive of energy at the CSIRO
•   Grant McLeod, newly appointed Environmental Protection Agency member

This team will assess the $40bn+ Browse LNG precinct, which has been proposed by Woodside and its partners at James Price Point. It is set to become one of Australia’s next major LNG production provinces. At concept stage the development was heavily involved with a huge LNG processing facility at James Price Point, where gas from the Browse Basin (425km) would undergo processing.

The scope for new LNG jobs and mining career opportunities is incredible, as is the projected economic benefit. So why was the project shelved in July last year, just months after approval recommendation?

Supreme Court Chief Justice Wayne Martin set the project aside based on a potential conflict of interest for three of the EPA’s board members. Two held shares in Woodside and another worked for Browse joint venture partner BHP. In another twist, these potential conflicts of interest had been declared early as 2009.

Western Australian Environment Minister Albert Jacob announced that the newly appointed delegates were well-respected and would be taking the project forward.

“These three delegates had no involvement in the previous Browse assessment and recommendations to Government,” he said. “I am confident the delegates will provide a well-considered and impartial report on the proposal.”

Things have changed somewhat since the original proposal, following an announcement by Woodside and its partners in September last year, that they intended to look at options to utilise floating LNG technology. This more cost effective method of exploration is developed by Shell, one of the project partners, and has benefits over more expensive onshore development options.

Despite problems effecting the project from the start, it looks as if things are finally picking up for this extremely lucrative development. Mining, oil and gas jobs continue to fuel Western Australia’s economy and once approval has been given, the Browse production precinct is set to support a huge number of new construction jobs as well.

To read more, click http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/march-2014/40bn-lng-project-in-western-australia-picks-up-pac.aspx

The Browse LNG is a $34 billion liquefied natural gas plant project proposed for construction at James Price Point, 60 kilometres (37 mi) North of Broome on the Dampier Peninsula, Western Australia. The plant is being built by a joint partnership including Woodside Petroleum, Chevron Corporation, Royal Dutch Shell, BP, and BHP Billiton. It would process natural gas extracted from the Browse Basin. Liquefied natural gas would then be shipped from a port facility also located in the Browse LNG Precinct.
Technical description
The plant will include three LNG trains able to process an expected 15 million tonnes of LNG per year. LNG would be pumped via 8 pipelines to a 2-kilometre (1.2 mi) jetty. In the construction phase the Precinct would also include a camp to house 8000 workers and would entail the clearing of 2,500 hectares (6,200 acres) of coastal bushland.

The Browse Basin contains proven gas reserves of 30.4 billion cubic feet (860 million cubic metres) of gas and 600 million barrels (95×106 m3) of condensate. Estimations of the reserves range up to 60 billion cubic feet (1.7 billion cubic metres), making the basin comparable in size to the North West Shelf region.

Project Location        :  Western Australia
Project Manager       :  Woodside Energy Ltd (operator)
Project Owner          :  Browse Joint Venture
Constructor             :  EPC contractors selected in competitive process
Construction Period  :  5-6 years, from mid 2013
Project Value           :  TBC
Project Status          :  Evaluating tender bids for construction

« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 08:48:27 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile

j

juan

• View Profile
Rocky outcrops off the North Scott Reef worth billions
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2014, 12:29:07 AM »
Posted: 20/06/2014 5:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Oil-and-gas, Mining

A chance discovery is going to result in Western Australia earning billions of dollars in gas royalties from the Browse offshore petroleum project.

Three rocky outcrops – barely noticeable in size – have become the star of an incredible story for Western Australia. The outcrops were discovered by Geoscience Australia during a satellite sweep, and were discovered to contain significant volumes of gas that will result in massive extra royalties for the state.

The tiny islands are located in the North Scott Reef, directly above the Torosa gas field. They are less than a metre above sea level and no more than three metres long – less than the size of a kitchen table – yet they are still considered to be islands because they are naturally formed and located above water.
The discover has prompted something of a feud over who owns them, as WA currently owns around five per cent of the Browse resource – which is where the outcrops are located – but their designation as islands under sea laws means that they belong to WA. The federal government has now stated that WA may own as much as 65 per cent of Torosa, which is over half of Browse.

The West Australian reported that industry minister Ian Macfarlane said that it was crucial to develop the project, in spite of some fears that the ownership disputes could cause irresponsible development. He said: "In order for Australia to maintain its position as an international supplier of oil and gas and an energy superpower, it's important to continue to develop oil and gas projects.”

Premier Colin Barnett said that Geoscience Australia had revealed that WA’s ownership of the Browse gas was possibly far higher than previously believed. "We don't know the final figure yet but it will certainly give the State a greater role in decisions over the use of that gas and will also into the future provide more royalty income for WA," he said.

"WA will work co-operatively with the Commonwealth and the joint venture partners to bring the project into production."

It is likely that the gas from the tiny islands will be processed offshore, as onshore processing could prove uneconomical.

To read more, click http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/june-2014-(1)/rocky-outcrops-off-the-north-scott-reef-worth-bill.aspx

j

juan

• View Profile
Broome 2013 Western Australia
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2014, 08:57:19 PM »

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2014, 07:12:53 PM »
cheeky chic

Merely to entice kababayan males to work in Broome. Lami kaau latigohon ang lobot. :D ;)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 08:03:22 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2015, 10:53:26 PM »

Merely to entice kababayan males to work in Broome. Lami kaau latigohon ang lobot. :D ;)
Focus Turns to Gas
Posted: 4/06/2015 9:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Oil-and-gas, Mining

At the World Gas Conference in Paris, major producer Total through their key personnel Patrick Pouyanne said the company will move away from coal and focus more on the burgeoning gas space, according to Bloomberg.

Pouyanne was quoted as saying at the conference “I still have a coal business and I have to get out of it,”

“I can’t say that coal is the enemy of gas and then continue to produce coal like some of my colleagues. I will get out of coal.”

“Total is gas and gas is good.”

Pouyanne furthered the position that the LNG market is expected to represent a greater share of the current global energy share.

“There will be a profound change in the world energy mix and Total plans to produce around 32.5 million tonnes of LNG.”

Poyanne was not alone in that sentiment with Chevron promoting LNG, with chairman John Watson saying “Natural gas and LNG will be essential to the world’s future energy mix and natural gas is significant part of the company’s portfolio.”

Exxonmobil CEO Rex Tillerson added that there is a predicted 65 per cent growth in gas demand in the coming 25 years, with gas likely to overtake coal as the second most prolific fuel source by 2025

Shell CEO Ben Van Beurden stated that gas, not coal, needed to be centre of focus in the world energy mix.

“How do we ensure that gas, not coal, is at the heart of the energy solution to meet rising demand,” Van Beurden asked.

“The benefits of gas are well documented,” he said.

“Gas is flexible, abundant, its ranges of use are increasing, it’s a strong ally for renewables, and it makes economic sense. Building gas power stations is faster and cheaper than coal. So, the quicker we move away from coal to a mix of gas and renewables, the cheaper energy will become.

“Still, the golden age of gas will not come automatically; we will need to work for it.”

Last month van Beurden made similar statements on the future importance of gas, stating that the company is shifting from "an oil-and-gas company to a gas-and-oil company".

Shell has also upped its exposure to the industry by leading the world with the development of its floating LNG platform Prelude, and making a massive $94 billion takeover push for the BG Group, which would give it access to the QCLNG plant on Curtis Island.

The energy giant has previously fought the expansion of coal globally, previously lobbying the World Bank to halt funding coal-fired plants before the firm announced it would cut lending to the coal sector.

Shell's head of gas, Maarten Wetselaar stated the company formed a department whose sole purpose was to lobby governments and funding bodies to look to gas as a power source over coal.

Maarten Wetselaar said climate change had pushed Shell to convince entities to increase the sale of gas in the global market

Australian LNG is now shifting into this next era, moving from an era of construction into one of production.
- See more at: http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/june-2015-(1)/focus-turn-to-gas.aspx#sthash.EPQeQIT8.dpuf

Technical description
The plant will include three LNG trains able to process an expected 15 million tonnes of LNG per year. LNG would be pumped via 8 pipelines to a 2-kilometre (1.2 mi) jetty. In the construction phase the Precinct would also include a camp to house 8000 workers and would entail the clearing of 2,500 hectares (6,200 acres) of coastal bushland.[1]
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 10:58:35 PM by juan »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2015, 05:04:28 AM »
No Gas at Broome, West Australia