92,000 Workers Needed in Australia

• 117 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Mining Jobs No Experience
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 10:11:07 PM »
Mining jobs no experience with big WA mine companies are a stepping stone to a well paid career in the mines. The mining industry in WA and Perth, Australia offers mining jobs to both the skilled and unskilled labour from around the globe.

Mining companies in Western Australia will hire workers for jobs with relatively little or no mining experience and often help to train them. Gone are the days when mining was a high risk business. Leading edge machinery and world class safety measures have reduced the risk in employing mining workers with no experience.

Hundreds of mines operate in Western Australia; many have vacancies for mining jobs no experience required. Due to the global demand for minerals, the mining industry in WA has a huge all time high demand for unskilled labour.
"If you want it, here it is
Come and get it
But you better hurry 'cause it's going fast

If you want it, here it is
Come and get it
Make your mind up fast"
- excerpt from The Beatles' "Come And Get It"

may ma recommend ako
You owe me at least 7 lovely teenage female (not pseudo-female) virgins (not pseudo-virgins) for this info. ;D :D
The best partner will be my travel companion next year.
:) ;)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 10:49:02 PM by juan »
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Mining Job Possibilities
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 07:01:46 PM »
March 19, 2012

AUSTRALIA IS BOOMING .......... well certain parts of it are anyway.

Where there is work: Perth, Western Australia, Brisbane and Queensland.
Avoid - Sydney :'(, Melbourne, Adelaide and the other states. They have high unemployment.

If you are Under 30? - You maybe eligible for a 1 year working holiday visa in booming Australia
Click here for information: http://www.expatengineer.net/kb.nsf/news-item/F80D6B0EB17E8204482579C100248E47

If you are over 30 here are your options
Employer Sponsored Workers - For people with recognised skills seeking to work in Australia after being sponsored by an Australian or overseas employer.
Professionals and other Skilled Migrants. This program, also known as General Skilled Migration, is for people who are not sponsored by an employer but who have skills in particular occupations required in Australia.
Business People - For people to come to Australia for a business-related visit. Also for people to establish, manage or develop a new or existing business, or invest in Australia.
Doctors and Nurses - Information and visa options for doctors and nurses who want to work in Australia.
Pacific Seasonal Worker Scheme - Information for people from Kiribati, Papua New Guinea, Tonga and Vanuatu seeking to work in Australia under the Pacific Seasonal Worker Scheme.

For details on the above, click here: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/

Sound advice from your friends at ExpatJob.net Group
ExpatEngineer http://www.expatengineer.net
Engineering Jobs Australia http://www.engineeringjobs.net.au
Engineering Jobs North America http://www.engineerjob.us
Engineering Jobs Europe http://www.engineer-job.eu
Mining Jobs http://www.miningjob.net
Medical and Nursing Jobs http://www.expatmedicaljobs.com
Finance Jobs http://www.expatfinancejobs.com
Teaching Jobs http://www.expatteachingjobs.com
IT Jobs http://www.expatitjobs.com
WebJobz http://www.webjobz.com
FIFO Mining Jobs http://www.fifojobs.net.au

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
How to improve the quantity and quality of your job applications
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 07:15:59 PM »
March 15, 2012

There are a number of very simple techniques you can use when posting a job that can dramatically affect the number of applications you receive.

Job Title
The first thing many job seekers see is the “Job Title”. If it is not attractive to them or too generic, they will not click on it to see the details.
This is also the title of the web page that your job will be listed on our site and will influence the way Google and other search engines rank your job compared to other similar jobs.
Be more specific in your job title and consider adding things such as the job location, company name and qualifications.
Examples
Rather than “Mechanical Engineer” as a job title
Mechanical Engineer- Degree Qualified with Oil and Gas experience, Abu Dhabi, UAE” will get your job indexed much better and therefore receive more attention and applications.
Rather than “Software Engineer ‘s wanted
How about - “Google are hiring Software Engineers in Sydney, Australia

Google is a prestigious company to work for and by specifying the location of the job you will not have people from India or Canada applying for the position.

Job Location
You will get more responses by advertising your jobs as located in the nearest big city or region, rather than by suburb.
Dental Technician – London (Ealing)” will give you better results than “Dental Technician – Ealing

Tweaking an existing job advertisement.
If your job has been live for a week or so and the number of applications has dropped off, consider editing the job and changing the Job Title.
You could change your
Mechanical Engineer- Degree Qualified with Oil and Gas experience, Abu Dhabi, UAE
to
Senior Mechanical Engineer- Downstream Oil and Gas experience, Abu Dhabi, UAE

When job seekers are searching on keywords, just adding or removing a word or two in the title, may have your job appearing in their search results where it did not appear earlier.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:16:48 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
Mining workers in demand
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 07:55:09 PM »
By Louisa Veidelis

With the mining and resources industries leading the charge in Australia’s economic recovery, the shortage of workers in these areas is set to worsen. If demand stays strong in this booming sector, 86 000 more new workers will be needed in the field over the next decade, according to a report by the Minerals Council of Australia (MCA).

While there are currently opportunities to work at all stages of minerals and mining, from entry-level to professorial and managerial roles, the biggest shortages by 2020 will be for tradespeople and semi-skilled operators, according to the report.

Mining in Australia
Australia’s resource-rich land means that we extract and process large quantities of iron ore, nickel, bauxite, copper, gold, silver, uranium, diamonds, opal, zinc and coal. The minerals industry makes up 8.9 per cent of Australia's GDP and 50 per cent of Australia's total exports.

Iron ore and coal are forecast to be areas with significant shortages.

Jobs in mining
There is a wide range of jobs in mining to suit all levels of skill, education and experience.

Semi-skilled jobs (e.g. driller’s assistant, trainee operator, labourer) require a good work ethic and sometimes an entry-level TAFE qualification.

Skilled jobs (e.g. mobile plant operator/driver, underground or opencut miner, driller) require a TAFE-recognised skill set or qualification.

Trades (e.g. electrician, mechanic, maintenance, welder) require a VET/TAFE qualification or apprenticeship.

Technical/supervisor jobs (e.g. mine planner, safety and health officer, geoscience technician, environmental officer) require a qualification from TAFE or university and some on-the-job training.

Professional/managerial jobs (e.g. various branches of engineering, environmental scientists, geoscientists) require a university degree and depending on the role, extensive experience in the industry.

Where the jobs are
There is mining activity in all states and territories but most current job opportunities are in Western Australia and Queensland. According to the report by the Minerals Council of Australia, almost 60 per cent of new workers by 2020 will be needed in Western Australia.

Working conditions
Many miners work rosters of two weeks on, two weeks off, flying to and from the mine site each fortnight.
Mining and resources workers are well paid. Average pay in this industry has risen 60 per cent since 2004 and is higher than the average pay in financial services.

Women in mining
There are ample opportunities for women to work in mining and resources. Women make up around 10 per cent of the mining workforce in Australia and are recognised by employers as an untapped resource.

The working and leadership style of women is in valued on worksites in this industry. Interestingly, female machine operators are said to have lower injury rates and be more steady, causing less wear and tear on the machines.

Mining companies are trying to attract more women and many have redressed pay inequalities and introduced more family-friendly policies.

How to get started
Mining and resources employers look for workers who have a good work ethic and sometimes a TAFE or university qualification.

If you’re interested in working in a skilled or operator job, or a trade, you may need a TAFE Certificate III or higher, a heavy vehicle licence and Mining and Resource Contractors Safety Training Association (MARCSTA) accreditation. It would also be an advantage to have a recent first aid certificate and a medical examination before applying.

If you’re at university you might consider ‘vac work’ or vacation work. This involves paid short-term employment on work sites and the opportunity to network with employers.

Make sure your resume is well written and formatted, and includes your skills, qualifications and relevant experience. Your cover letter (written specifically for each job you apply for) should give specific examples that demonstrate your skills and abilities. Both documents should be proofed by a friend before you start applying for jobs.

You can see a sample dump truck driver resume and cover letter on our site.

Finally, apply for jobs, apprenticeships and traineeships online – you can find employment opportunities on job boards like Seek.com or on the websites of mining or contractor companies. :) ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:16:38 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
Australian Journal of Mining
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 12:38:42 AM »
Google, if interested.
Register now for your free Australian Journal of Mining newswire ...
After reading, it might be a good idea for one to assume the role of continually posting interesting topics here so everybody is kept up-to-date.:) ;)
“Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.”
- Elie Wiesel
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 01:26:37 AM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
Miners lower standards to fill jobs fast
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 01:12:38 AM »
Australian Mining 1 May, 2012 Andrew Duffy

Mining companies are lowering their recruitment standards in order to find desperately needed workers, according to The Treasury.

In an economic round-up Treasury said the skills shortage was hurting businesses and forcing miners to make changes to how they find staff.

"An excess of demand for skilled employees has also seen firms in the mining and related construction sectors becoming less selective in recruitment but spending more on training," it said.

The report said companies were also continuing strong investment in delivering fly-in fly-out workers, particularly from the eastern states to Western Australia.

It said while recruitment by mining companies was still booming other sectors had a "more subdued outlook" in response to global economic uncertainty.

Treasury said there was a high turnover of skilled workers in the mining industry and workers were able to "move between firms with ease".

It said businesses had reported that with such strong competition workers were also putting a higher value on conditions and work quality.

According to the economic round-up the resources sector is continuing to draw labour from other sectors, and non-mining firms in WA and Queensland are finding it harder to find staff than similar firms in other states.

Last week Rio Tinto said it was launching one of Australia's largest recruitment drives to fill 6,000 workers in four months.

The Government has called on the company to focus on Australian workers before looking overseas to fill positions.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 01:14:58 AM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
Mining is Hiring again!
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 08:33:07 PM »
Google "Mining is Hiring again | australia-mining.com" and click,

Mining is Hiring again | australia-mining.com
www.australia-mining.com/
Positions available for people with or without experience. Apply now

And fill in the form below to register.
 :) ;)

j

juan

• View Profile
Explore. Dream. Discover
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 10:27:53 PM »
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”  :) ;)
- Mark Twain

j

juan

• View Profile
Read. Travel. Learn
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 10:29:17 PM »
Invest in yourself. Read. Travel. Learn. Find the right mentors and guides who can teach you about the ways of heaven and of earth. Deepen your faith. Grow in wisdom. You cannot give what you do not have. And if you want to make the world a better place, you have to start by making yourself a better person.  :) ;)
- Edmun H. Liu

j

juan

• View Profile
Dream what you want to dream.
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 10:31:03 PM »
"Dream what you want to dream. Go where you want to go. Be what you want to be. Because you have only one life and only one chance to do all the things you want to do."