92,000 Workers Needed in Australia

• 117 replies

devildawg

• never a dull moment with this bad boy!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 92,000 Workers Needed in Australia
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2012, 08:26:59 PM »
miner...............might still be a good profession. ;) :) 8)
"......... anything you say can be and will be used against you.........!" (excerpt from Miranda vs. Arizona, 1966, Fifth Amendment, US Constitution)

j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2012, 08:43:19 PM »
Monetary wise, it’s always been. In fact, it’s even better nowadays. More and more girls are joining the workforce. Blokes have less and less chances to get contracted with marriage measles. Oh, how I wish I could wind back my clock to half my age now!
By the way, where have you been? Perhaps a better question is what sort of mischief have you been up to?
:) ;)
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
How to find a high-paying job
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2012, 09:27:22 PM »
What's in your mind, mate? ??? Hehehe. :) ;)

By David and Libby Koch From: News Limited newspapers March 05, 2012 12:00AM

HIGH-paying jobs are out there for the taking. They're just not where they used to be.

Your biggest investment is your career.
And, just like your investments, you need to understand how the jobs cycle is changing to take advantage of where the big money is being earned.
Remember when parents used to encourage their kids into the bank or a respectable white-collar middle management position? Not any more.

Today it's all about being open-minded and developing skills to suit the boom industries of mining, online, telecommunications and science.
If you're after a local job and not prepared to broaden career options or skills, then you will more than likely miss out.

The latest employment and wages data provides a terrific career blueprint:
The average wage is $69,170 a year but in mining it's $113,636. At the other end of the scale, the lowest annual wage is accommodation and food at $49,785, along with retail jobs at $50,898.
Over the past year the biggest pay rises were jobs in wholesale trade, construction and mining. But wages dropped for administration, financial and real estate jobs.

Finance jobs have a relatively high average wage, but numbers are being shed and salaries are falling.
On a state-by-state basis, the ACT pays the highest wages (public service salaries are pretty good), followed by Western Australia and the Northern Territory because of their mining booms.

Don't be put off by thinking you've had no experience or skills for these boom industries. Many of the jobs are unskilled and there is a boom in associated industries which support, say, mining.

For example, while the tourism and accommodation industries are generally being hurt by the high Australian dollar, hotels and cafes are booming in mining regions as they cater for the influx of workers.
We know of a former real estate agent retrenched in the property downturn who took an unskilled job in mining for $120,000 a year. He works 12-hour shifts, two weeks on, two weeks off, and all accommodation and food costs are covered. The two-week shift starts when he leaves the airport and finishes when he flies back in.
Yes, he's away from home for two weeks at a time but he's saving a bundle from an "unskilled" job.
Mobility is the key. Being prepared to travel to find a better job is essential in today's labour market.
While there's a lot of talk about mining opportunities, telecommunications and online sales and marketing jobs are also surging.
If you can't find your ideal position at the moment, stay in your current job while continuing to look around.
The best jobs can often be in the remote areas such as the fly-in-fly-out mining jobs or other similar careers.

Don't underestimate the importance of a resume. It can win or lose a job.
A resume should outline why you're the best person for the job. Include all relevant experience, qualifications, skills and emphasise big career achievements. Change the resume for different job applications to make sure you're meeting each of the advertised criteria.
The interview is vital, so make sure you're prepared.
Think about any qualifications, skills and positive qualities that would set you apart from other people applying for the job. Bring them into your answers or bluntly tell your interviewer "I think you should hire me because ... " . Don't be shy. Whoever does the best job marketing themselves will win the job.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 09:49:15 PM by juan »

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Gladstone property prices to soar
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2012, 11:38:07 PM »
gotta go!enjoy the rest of the day everyone..!!God bless us all...till next time..:)
Thought you might be interested in this.
Australian Mining 18 May, 2012 Andrew Duffy

New research says expansions in the resources industry mean Queensland will need an extra 30,000 mining workers over the next five years.
According to research firm Kinetic Group's annual Heartbeat Report, new and expanding projects in Queensland are predicted to double the state's mining workforce over the coming decade.
"When these growth rates are applied to Queensland's Office of Economic and Statistical Research baseline of 55,500 mining employees this equates to 14,500 new staff by 2014," it said.
"Longer term forecasts indicate the need for an additional 30,000 employees required in Queensland over the next five years."
Kinetic said employment demand, including operating and construction staff, was expected to reach its peak in 2014 and training graduates, apprentices, trainees, and cadets was expected to rise 21 per cent in two years.
The report said more than 13,000 of the new jobs would be unskilled operator jobs, but new workers were also hurting companies by quickly leaving the industry.
"18.4 per cent of employees who separated in 2010-11 were new recruits that commenced work in the previous 12 months," it said.
The report also said the mining industry was ageing fast, and a lot of new entrants were older than the current workforce.
It said research indicated less than 10 per cent of the industry was under 25 years of age, and almost one third of new recruits were 50 or older.

Earlier this year Kinetic Group CEO Derek Hunter told Australian Mining many unskilled applicants weren't serious about working in mining after facing the reality of the cost of training and the tough work conditions.
"A lot of people are excited about getting a job in mining, but whether they are suitable for it is a major question," he said.

By Michelle Hele From: The Courier-Mail May 22, 2012 12:00AM

THE cost of buying or renting in Gladstone is predicted to become even more expensive with at least 6000 fly in, fly out workers tipped to be operating out of the city by midway through next year.
The latest Gladstone Region Housing Quarterly Report has revealed forecasts of 6400 fly in, fly out workers by midway through 2014. There are currently about 2300.
Using figures from the Office of Economic and Statistical Research, the report said the growing workforce in Gladstone was already affecting housing supply, affordability and demand.
Rents are still going up with the median rent for a four-bedroom home $650 a week during the first quarter of 2012 compared with the Queensland average of $410 a week.
Median house prices also exceeded the Queensland average and land prices jumped by 7.2 per cent in the year to June 2011 above the Queensland median of $187,000 for the first time.
The report found development activity had been strong as a result of demand for accommodation with 773 formed lots registered and available for sale as at December 2011 and a further 1846 lots in the pipeline.
"Residential dwelling approvals for the year to December 2011 were the highest on record for Gladstone Region, with 956 approvals comprising 786 houses and 170 other dwelling types," it said.

Although, must say that should you land a job in that massive gas plant construction in Broome, so much the better. Properties are still very2X cheap. You’ll be catching two birds with one stone. Building your career both as an engr and as an entrepreneur.
Hmmmm! Something tells me that the golden days here will soon be over. Although the youngbloods here are enjoying the fiesta, their hearts and minds are in Broome. Soon, they’ll be celebrating the fiesta there. Aside from lechon and adobong manok, there’ll be steaks and lobsters. And the really2X giant mud crabs. Saw one being held up by a bloke with both hands. Similar to the ones in Central America. Like Philippines, Broome has a tropical climate.
Mamingao na kaau ang Ilihan. Or, for that matter, Bohol. Malungkot na si RG and whoever’s left behind. They’ll be reminiscing the sweet moments past. How delightful has been the friendship boon! Can’t help it! Like skipper, gotta accept the harsh realities of life. Money is more important. Hehehe.
I can envisage a talented girl like Zulacs being involved in the massive gas plant construction there. Unlike those working in the mines, no need to be travelling back and forth every fortnight. Plenty of time for correspondence courses online to fully qualify her profession. Perhaps, even go further. Eventually, becoming a ceo of that plant.
Buying a large vacant land for investment. Easy to secure a 25-yr home loan from the bank. Temporarily having a makeshift shelter for home. Eventually, a skyscraper designed by her. Annual fiestas will be held there.

Goodbye Bohol! Goodbye Philippines. Filipinas kong mahal.

;)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:24:16 AM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
Gina's army: Overseas workers take mining jobs
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2012, 08:54:33 PM »
AAP May 25, 2012 3:45PM

THE federal government has unveiled an historic agreement with mining magnate Gina Rinehart to import overseas workers to fill jobs in her iron ore project in Western Australia.

The enterprise migration agreement (EMA) will be first used at the mining magnate's $6.5 billion Roy Hill project, allowing Hancock Prospecting to bring in 1700 migrant workers on a temporary basis.

Union leaders today lashed out at the plan saying it is a kick in the guts for Australian employees.

Immigration Minister Chris Bowen announced today the government program to allow enterprise migration agreements (EMA) would help mining companies find enough workers for their developments.

But union leaders, who were attending a government manufacturing taskforce meeting in Canberra, were furious.

Australian Council of Trade Unions leader Dave Oliver said it was "reprehensible" and Australian workers were being overlooked.

"We are calling on the prime minister to immediately intervene to ensure before any workers are being brought in under the 457 visa program that there has been appropriate measures in place to ensure that the local market has been tested," he told reporters.

Australian Workers' Union head Paul Howes said it beggared belief that the announcement was made in the wake of recent jobs losses at Qantas and the Norsk Hydro aluminium smelter in NSW.

"On Friday we come to Canberra to meet with the prime minister, the industry minister and the CEOs of the major manufacturing industries to address the 130,000 jobs that have been lost out of manufacturing since 2008," a clearly angry Mr Howes told reporters.

"And Chris Bowen is announcing that Gina Rinehart gets an early Christmas present.

"I thought we were actually attacking these guys at the moment. Whose side are we on?"

Mr Howes said it was a big win for Ms Rinehart, and the benefits would also be enjoyed by her fellow mining billionaires Clive Palmer and Andrew Forrest.

"It's a massive kick in the guts to those 130,000 workers in the manufacturing industry who have lost their jobs," he said.

It's "sheer lunacy", he added.

The union movement will now pressure Prime Minister Julia Gillard to set up a job register, as promised by Mr Bowen today, and make it mandatory to advertise locally for workers before importing foreign labour.

It is believed the EMA will stipulate a maximum number of positions that can be filled by workers from overseas, who must have experience in their area of trade and English-speaking competencies.

They must also be paid the same rate as Australian workers and operate under the same conditions.

In return, the company must to commit to train a certain number of Australians with a view to their future participation in the resources sector.

Ms Rinehart's bid to bring in more migrant workers to address labour shortages has been ongoing for some time.

The huge Roy Hill project is situated 277km south of Port Hedland and is a joint venture with South Korean firms STX Corporation and POSCO, and Japan's Marubeni Corporation.

Skills Australia estimates mining operations will need an additional 89,000 workers in the five years to 2016 to meet expected demand.

The number of short-term resources construction jobs is expected to peak at 49,000 alone in 2014.

j

juan

• View Profile
Australian Mining Jobs for foreigners
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2012, 09:22:13 PM »
People from all over the world are looking to go down-under in the Australian out-back to snatch up a piece of the mining boom pie. While the economy drains in most industries, the Australian mining industry thrives. There are mining jobs opening up all over Australia, particularly in Western Australia and Queensland. Mine companies are open to hiring people from all different backgrounds, from natives to foreigners, skilled to straight-out-of-school. Mining jobs for foriegners never looked so good.

Since there are so many mine sites throughout Australia, there's a lot of selection for those interested in mining jobs for foriegners. Employers generally pay for all flights to the site and back to your home. There is a large array of positions available for different backgrounds and skills. Many entry-level positions pay over $100.000 AU a year for workers, such as the dump truck driver positions. Some other well-paid positions include:

- Heavy equipment operation
- Labouring
- Dump Truck operation
- Administration
- Traineeships/ Apprenticeships
- Geology

Many other jobs are available depending on the mine site you're keen to work on. Many of those interested in mining jobs for foreigners take kindly to mine sites located in Port Hedland, Mackay, Kalgoorlie, Olympic Dam, Mount Isa, and Argyle. Before hopping on a plane over to Australia, it's good to be sure that you are prepared for the job title you seek. You'll want to know:

- What licenses you'll need.
- If there are traineeships available.
- What Visa is required to work in Australia, and how to get it.
- Whether you need mining experience.
- The training required and where to get it.
- The certifications that are required.
- The soonest you can start mining.

You can save time and money by understanding what is expected in the mining industry before applying for mining jobs for foreigners. You'll want to consider where mine sites are located, who to contact about work, and the different job titles available. Securing a job prior to moving to Australia is a much safer financial move than flying over and looking for a job, because the mining industry is very competitive. Now is the perfect time to join the industry, but you'll want to know how to nail the job before job hunting.

If you want to know more about Australian mining jobs for foreigners and how you can join the industry, fill out the form on the right to get started.
If you have any questions on Australia Jobs Mining Jobs For Foriegners or about other employment in the industry, simply fill in the form on the right and click on the 'Submit' button
Google "Australian Mining Jobs for foreigners" and click,

Australian Mining Jobs for Foreigners | Mining Exploration Jobs ...

And fill in the form below to register.

devildawg

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2012, 10:55:51 PM »
Monetary wise, it’s always been. In fact, it’s even better nowadays. More and more girls are joining the workforce. Blokes have less and less chances to get contracted with marriage measles. Oh, how I wish I could wind back my clock to half my age now!
By the way, where have you been? Perhaps a better question is what sort of mischief have you been up to?

I've been here and there, keeping myself busy nowadays. ;) :) 8)
"......... anything you say can be and will be used against you.........!" (excerpt from Miranda vs. Arizona, 1966, Fifth Amendment, US Constitution)

devildawg

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2012, 10:59:14 PM »
What's in your mind, mate? ??? Hehehe. :) ;)

By David and Libby Koch From: News Limited newspapers March 05, 2012 12:00AM

HIGH-paying jobs are out there for the taking. They're just not where they used to be.

Your biggest investment is your career.
And, just like your investments, you need to understand how the jobs cycle is changing to take advantage of where the big money is being earned.
Remember when parents used to encourage their kids into the bank or a respectable white-collar middle management position? Not any more.

Today it's all about being open-minded and developing skills to suit the boom industries of mining, online, telecommunications and science.
If you're after a local job and not prepared to broaden career options or skills, then you will more than likely miss out.

The latest employment and wages data provides a terrific career blueprint:
The average wage is $69,170 a year but in mining it's $113,636. At the other end of the scale, the lowest annual wage is accommodation and food at $49,785, along with retail jobs at $50,898.
Over the past year the biggest pay rises were jobs in wholesale trade, construction and mining. But wages dropped for administration, financial and real estate jobs.

Finance jobs have a relatively high average wage, but numbers are being shed and salaries are falling.
On a state-by-state basis, the ACT pays the highest wages (public service salaries are pretty good), followed by Western Australia and the Northern Territory because of their mining booms.

Don't be put off by thinking you've had no experience or skills for these boom industries. Many of the jobs are unskilled and there is a boom in associated industries which support, say, mining.

For example, while the tourism and accommodation industries are generally being hurt by the high Australian dollar, hotels and cafes are booming in mining regions as they cater for the influx of workers.
We know of a former real estate agent retrenched in the property downturn who took an unskilled job in mining for $120,000 a year. He works 12-hour shifts, two weeks on, two weeks off, and all accommodation and food costs are covered. The two-week shift starts when he leaves the airport and finishes when he flies back in.
Yes, he's away from home for two weeks at a time but he's saving a bundle from an "unskilled" job.
Mobility is the key. Being prepared to travel to find a better job is essential in today's labour market.
While there's a lot of talk about mining opportunities, telecommunications and online sales and marketing jobs are also surging.
If you can't find your ideal position at the moment, stay in your current job while continuing to look around.
The best jobs can often be in the remote areas such as the fly-in-fly-out mining jobs or other similar careers.

Don't underestimate the importance of a resume. It can win or lose a job.
A resume should outline why you're the best person for the job. Include all relevant experience, qualifications, skills and emphasise big career achievements. Change the resume for different job applications to make sure you're meeting each of the advertised criteria.
The interview is vital, so make sure you're prepared.
Think about any qualifications, skills and positive qualities that would set you apart from other people applying for the job. Bring them into your answers or bluntly tell your interviewer "I think you should hire me because ... " . Don't be shy. Whoever does the best job marketing themselves will win the job.

sounds good...........two on - two off (weeks).  how strenuous is the job? would be nice to get outta here, for a change.  where do I sign up?   ;) :) 8)

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2012, 08:00:05 PM »
I've been here and there, keeping myself busy nowadays. ;) :) 8)
Hmmmm! Must be something very interesting. Hehehe. :) ;)

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2012, 08:07:22 PM »
sounds good...........two on - two off (weeks).  how strenuous is the job? would be nice to get outta here, for a change.  where do I sign up?   ;) :) 8)
Read Reply #35 "Australian Mining Jobs for foreigners" above. :) ;)