j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Study links older dads to healthier children
« on: June 11, 2012, 08:15:47 PM »
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS The Dallas Morning News
Published: 11 June 2012 06:39 PM

NEW YORK -- Finally, some good news for older dads. A new study hints that their children and even their grandchildren may get a health benefit because of their older age.

It's based on research into something called telomeres - tips on the ends of chromosomes.

Some previous studies have associated having longer telomeres (TEE-loh-meers) with better health and longer lives. Telomeres haven't been proven to cause those benefits in the general population, but a number of researchers think they may hold secrets for things like longevity and cancer.

As you age, telomeres shorten. However, previous studies have shown that the older a man is when he becomes a father, the longer the telomeres his children tend to have. The new research confirms that and finds it's extended to the grandchildren.

That's a cheerier result for older dads than some other studies in recent years that indicate their kids are at heightened risk for things like autism, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.

The new work didn't look at health outcomes. That's a future step, said researcher Dan T.A. Eisenberg of Northwestern University. He presents the results with colleagues in Monday's issue of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

Carol Greider of Johns Hopkins University, who shared a Nobel Prize in 2009 for telomere research but who didn't participate in the new study, said it's no surprise that the telomere effect would extend beyond children to grandchildren.

She cautioned that since older fathers also tend to pass more potentially harmful genetic mutations, it's "not at all clear" whether advanced paternal age gives an overall health benefit to children. In a statement, the Northwestern researchers said their study shouldn't be taken as a recommendation that men reproduce at older ages, because there's a risk of mutations.

The researchers' work involved an analysis of telomeres in blood samples from a large, multigenerational study in the Philippines.

One analysis of about 2,000 people confirmed the idea that the older your dad was when you were born, the longer your telomeres tend to be. That held true throughout the age range of the fathers, who were 15 to 43 at the time their sons or daughters were born.

Researchers then extended that another generation: The older your father's father was when your father was born, the longer your telomeres tend to be. That analysis included 234 grandchildren. A separate analysis found no significant effect from the mother's father.

The telomere contribution from a grandfather adds to the one from the father, researchers found.

Some previous studies of the impact of older fatherhood have been less encouraging. In 2010, for example, at least two big studies confirmed a link to having children with autism, with one finding that a father's age makes the biggest difference when the mother is young. In 2008, a big Swedish study strengthened evidence linking bipolar disorder to older paternal ages, although researchers said the risk was still so low that it shouldn't discourage older men from having children.
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Re: Study links older dads to healthier children
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 09:59:33 PM »

hahaha ok! 1. RR discovered from the game show wowowee ^^ 2. i don't know lol 3. forgot her name haha 4. Kristine Reyes 5. Roxan Gino-o? hehe 6.angelica p. (famous) hehe 7. valerie concepcion 8. Bangs Garcia 9. wa IL lol- i don't know her. maybe others can tell.. hehehe

Cristine Reyes is one of the sexy and cutest stars in Philippine showbiz.
para kang cristine reyes
Yes, girls! For the sake of the future generations, don’t choose felix or any youngblood. Choose me instead. :) ;)
MNN.COM›Health›Fitness & Well-Being
By Bryan Nelson Mon, Jun 11 2012 at 5:03 PM EST

The cue? Look to dear old dad. In fact, the older, the better. Researchers found that fathers who waited until they were older to have children tended to spawn kids that were more biologically equipped to live longer.
 The study, conducted in the Philippines, confirmed a direct correlation between the age of a man when he became a father and the average length of his children's telomeres at birth. Telomeres are strands of repetitive nucleotides that are found on the ends of chromosomes and are believed to protect the chromosomes from deterioration. Because telomeres shorten each time the chromosomes replicate, the longer they are to begin with, the more resistant DNA is to aging. Or at least, that's the theory.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Kids With Older Dads Just Hit the Lifetime Lotto
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 10:11:57 PM »
Posted by Kiri Blakeley on June 12, 2012 at 2:46 PM

When it comes to having babies, men have more than one advantage. Firstly, the women have to pop the suckers out. Secondly, guys seem to be able to embrace fatherhood at whatever time they like. As Meg Ryan famously blubbered in When Harry Met Sally: "Charlie Chaplin had babies when he was 72!" For a woman whose window of fertility is inching shut, it can be frustrating when the fellas just want to take their sweet old time about it. A new study won't help that unfortunately. :) ;)

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 06:19:09 AM »

Cristine Reyes is one of the sexy and cutest stars in Philippine showbiz.**********
Yes, girls! For the sake of the future generations, don’t choose felix or any youngblood. Choose me instead. :) ;)
Posted by Kiri Blakeley on June 12, 2012 at 2:46 PM

When it comes to having babies, men have more than one advantage. Firstly, the women have to pop the suckers out. Secondly, guys seem to be able to embrace fatherhood at whatever time they like. As Meg Ryan famously blubbered in When Harry Met Sally: "Charlie Chaplin had babies when he was 72!" For a woman whose window of fertility is inching shut, it can be frustrating when the fellas just want to take their sweet old time about it. A new study won't help that unfortunately. :) ;)
Understand now why me prefer young girls for sexual partners?
 :P :D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:29:27 AM by juan »

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 08:42:30 PM »
the best that she can do .
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 02:18:50 AM »
at may baby na xa?
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092

felix

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://felix.boholano.net
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 10:49:01 PM »

hahaha ok! 1. RR discovered from the game show wowowee ^^ 2. i don't know lol 3. forgot her name haha 4. Kristine Reyes 5. Roxan Gino-o? hehe 6.angelica p. (famous) hehe 7. valerie concepcion 8. Bangs Garcia 9. wa IL lol- i don't know her. maybe others can tell.. hehehe

Cristine Reyes is one of the sexy and cutest stars in Philippine showbiz.**********
lahi na ako ganahan now mang juan...
"Good people are like wind. You cannot see what is inside thier hearts but you can always feel their goodness and sincerity"

http://felix.boholano.net

felix

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 10:49:28 PM »
at may baby na xa?
naa najud bai hihi
"Good people are like wind. You cannot see what is inside thier hearts but you can always feel their goodness and sincerity"

felix

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 10:49:51 PM »
the best that she can do .
hanapbuhay man gud bai hihihi