• 55 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
How to get a mining job with no experience
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2014, 11:01:25 PM »
Australian Mining 21 June, 2012 Andrew Duffy

For most jobseekers looking for work in the resources industry having 'mining experience' is the Holy Grail.
Despite a wealth of transferrable skills and boundless enthusiasm, without mining experience most job applications won't go far.
Whilst many recruiters and job experts have long advised inexperienced applicants to apply for utility work on the mines, most jobseekers are usually unimpressed with the advice.
Nevertheless starting work as a cleaner, bar tender, or other support role, can be one of the best ways for inexperienced applicants to get a foot in the door.
Once on the inside, moving around within a company and the industry is much easier
With more and more work up for offer some jobseekers are taking this advice and scoring work.
One successful applicant Steven Chivers, a qualified baker with no mining experience, told Australian Mining over Twitter he'd just scored a job in the industry as a fly-in fly-out bar tender and kitchen hand.
Chivers said while he wasn't working in the pit, the pay was still great.

To read more, click http://www.miningaustralia.com.au/news/how-to-get-a-mining-job-with-no-experience
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:01:57 PM by juan »
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Re: How do I get a foot in the door with no experience
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2014, 09:50:20 PM »

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2014, 06:11:03 PM »
Posted: 9/12/2014 5:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Construction, Job-seekers, Mining, Oil-and-gas, Career-resources

In a recent controversial statement, Mitsui's chief of Australian operations, Yasushi Takahashi said the “inconvenient truth” of Australian mining is that wages are too high. Speaking to the Sydney Morning Herald, he said that it is a “good thing we are seeing high wages in the most liveable country in the world... If that's sustainable that's fine. But one concern is, is it really sustainable?”

The average annual wage for someone working in Australian mining is $138,000, more than double the US average. This has been a point of pride for the industry, but while the commodity sector is engaged in an enormous efficiency drive, thanks largely to a slump in global commodity prices, many bosses such as Takahashi are seeing such high labour costs as prohibitive. Roughly 25% of the cost of running a mine in Australia is comprised of labour, compared to 15% on average worldwide.

His concerns were preceded by a 2014 report by PwC that found Australia's high wages weren't matched by productivity: “Mining equipment in Australia runs at lower annual outputs than most of its global peers”, attributing the shortfall almost entirely to labour.

Of course, this begs the question – would productivity increase if wages were cut? Further, as recognised elsewhere, while some in the industry are seeking work overseas – unable to find employment in their speciality; exploration work in particular is not as available as it was as Australian mining has transitioned from opening new mines to operating those mines – high wages are arguably what brings people back down under.

It's also important to note that even in the wider economic context, mining remains the largest contributor to Australian economic growth, making it essential for us to attract and retain the best people we can. And if that means keeping wages high, that means keeping wages high.

Whatever side you come down on, salaries in Australian mining are higher than elsewhere. That's an issue that won't be going anywhere soon.
Australian mining salaries are the highest in the world. See what you could earn here

- See more at: http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/december-2014-(1)/its-no-secret-that-the-australian-mining-sector-pa.aspx#sthash.vIC36bSl.dpuf

World Class Filipino came to existence because of the solid belief of the people behind this project on its subject … the Filipino and most especially because God has allowed this to happen.
We are first hand witnesses on how competent Filipinos are in any trade or profession, in any country and against any nationality as most of us are currently occupying job positions which could have been easily occupied by another race had we not been capable.
The idea of setting up this website first came up at a time when we were always being asked by foreign employers if we know of a Filipino who would like to work with them.  When asked why they prefer Filipinos… they site Filipino qualities such as the following: honest, loyal, friendly, fun-loving, honors commitments, good communicator, hardworking, creative and among others.   If you just happen to have the privilege of hearing these adjectives from people other than your “kababayan”… you would probably ask yourself why these people believe in us and why can't we?  Why other nationalities are appreciating us while we ourselves, at times, are still downgrading our capacities?
As Filipinos working abroad, we believe we are representatives of our country.  Our performances today will have a direct effect on others who will choose to follow this route and to the image of Filipinos in general.  That's why we are always asking God for guidance at work and in everything we do.  That we may continue to do His will for His greater glory and thereby preserve the legacy of the Filipinos who came before us. In relation to this, please allow us to use this space to salute them.  They made lasting impressions internationally which practically paved the way and have opened up windows of opportunities for millions of Filipinos.
And lastly, we believe that everything we have, were just given.  Our strength, beauty, intelligence… everything.  We should therefore not be boastful and proud.  Instead, we should be thankful to the one who made you and me and share these gifts to everyone.   We may be small as people, we may be under-developed as a country and we are not perfect. But we are perfectly us… just the way God had designed us to be.

Love.  Care.  Share.
Love God above all.  Care for others.  Share ourselves.

To all kababayans back home!!!!!
Come and join our ranks.

become a world class miner.
 :) :)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 07:54:51 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
Our Top 10 Tips for Interview success
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2015, 05:07:59 PM »
Posted: 23/01/2015 9:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Job-seekers, Recruitment, Training-and-Development, Career-resources

Job interviews are stressful. You have to come across as Trustworthy and Confident while explaining how you’re the perfect candidate, it’s no wonder why nerves and confidence can take over. Employees are frequently asking us for interview tips so we have selected 10 points that we think are the most valuable in helping you become a successful candidate.

1. Find out about the employer
The internet affords you the opportunity to substantial information about the employer, both from their own sources but also from a multitude of industry associations and the media. From your own point of view surely you would want to know about you future employer

2. Wear appropriate clothing
Obviously for a site position you would not wear a suit and it is true that all business wear has become far less formal than in the past. However you should always look neat and clean at the outset as first impressions stick

3. Get to the point
You need to work out in advance what are the points that you want to get across and have those points well in mind or even written down so that they can be delivered to the interviewer. For example if you were instrumental in implementing new technology to your previous employer you can describe the outcome and how it benefited the company. Make it punchy and don’t go on with a detailed description. If the interviewer wants to know more about it he or she will ask

4. Keep it concise
Don’t talk just because there is a lull in the conversation. Make sure your important statements have been made but don’t waffle as the employer may cut you short and eliminate your chances of saying the key parts of your presentation.

5. Experiences
Have at the ready a number of different experiences that you can explain to the interviewer relating to your previous employment which demonstrate you to be an effective employee. And only the ones that relate to the current position in some way.

6. Written Information
Check that the information that you have supplied originally agrees with any written information you have supplied later. Any information about yourself online also needs to be carefully checked to ensure that matters you have presented do not conflict with each other.

7. Listen to the question
Listen to the question that the interviewer is posing and if necessary ask for clarification. The interview is not an exam which must be finished within a certain time frame so make sure you are clear on what is being sought from you.

8. Social Media
Being employed in an organisation requires respect to your colleagues, your employer and yourself. So, anything that is present on social media originated by you should be carefully examined and deleted if those postings indicated that you are not showing a level of respect to others.

9. Elevate Yourself
Even if you are of the opinion that you will not get the position, thank the employer for the opportunity thereby elevating yourself should you be returning to the employer for other opportunities in the future or if you need to deal with the employer in your future working life. Remember the world is getting smaller.

10. Failure to get the job
All interview experience is valuable and you can learn by it. In human nature rejection or failure is difficult to deal with. Remember that Edison failed thousands of times before he created an electric light and if he had given up you might be sitting in the dark today.

•   For more on interview tips and information to help you start launch your career in the resources industry head to our Careers and Indutsry Guide where we have 1,000 high-quality, original articles and fact sheets on all aspects of living and working in the industry.
- See more at: http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/january-2015/our-top-10-tips-for-interview-success.aspx#sthash.37l4M9tY.dpuf

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2015, 08:23:05 PM »
Posted: 23/01/2015 9:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Job-seekers, Recruitment, Training-and-Development, Career-resources

Job interviews are stressful. You have to come across as Trustworthy and Confident while explaining how you’re the perfect candidate, it’s no wonder why nerves and confidence can take over. Employees are frequently asking us for interview tips so we have selected 10 points that we think are the most valuable in helping you become a successful candidate.

1. Find out about the employer
The internet affords you the opportunity to substantial information about the employer, both from their own sources but also from a multitude of industry associations and the media. From your own point of view surely you would want to know about you future employer

Believe best way to find out about the employer is to network with the people inside. :) ;)