"Lolong" The giant crocodile may not be alone

• 5 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
"Lolong" The giant crocodile may not be alone
« on: July 02, 2012, 10:02:38 PM »

Lolong, a man-eating beast feared by locals, has set a Guinness Book of World Records mark as the world's largest saltwater crocodile in captivity.

The giant crocodile measures 20.24 feet, weighs more than a ton and was blamed for several deaths before its capture by officials in the southern Philippines town of Bunawan in September, 2011.

And while Lolong has brought some tourist dollars into the small town, its capture has also stirred fears that other giant killer crocs might be lurking in the local waters.

"There were mixed feelings," Bunawan Mayor Edwin Cox Elorde told the Associated Press. "We're really proud because it proves the rich biodiversity of our place but at the same time, there are fears that Lolong may not be alone."

In fact, Elorde says he spotted an even larger crocodile escape when he and about 100 others combined their efforts to capture Lolong. It took a combination of ropes and cranes to bring in the giant crocodile, which was pursued after a child was killed in 2009 and a fisherman went missing. Lolong was named after an official who died of a heart attack after traveling to Bunawan to assist in the capture.

Since its capture, Lolong has become something of a tourist attraction and is the star of a new ecotourism and research center in the town. And while the park has brought in $72,000 in park fees since Lolong's debut, most of that money goes to feeding and taking care of the crocodile.

rogergatal

• Administrator
  • "proud to be an MG security, and i'm watching you"
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
Re: "Lolong" The giant crocodile may not be alone
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 10:28:33 PM »
OMG! may not be alone?
life is beautiful!

christine

• hello everyone..
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 12:13:10 AM »
nakakatakot naman tong su Lolong at may naiwan pa palang kapamilya
make love not war..

j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Natural Aphrodisiacs
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 07:27:42 PM »
The popular means of very sexual desire and arousal are aphrodisiacs from time immemorial. Its name came under the ancient goddess of love Aphrodite. Some of them are more than a very specific – for example, the oldest aphrodisiac of the ancient Egyptians – dried crocodile penis, or a variety of lizard tails or spines of sea urchins. Some aphrodisiacs are romantic but – like red roses as a means to get women. Another prove that love goes through the stomach. :) ;)
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Croc farmer to cash in on aphrodisiac demand
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 07:39:24 PM »
ABC Online News Thursday, 12 November 1998

A north Queensland crocodile farmer is hoping to cash in on Asia's growing fascination for natural aphrodisiacs.
Andrew Cross, from the Southern Cross Crocodile Farm in the Whitsundays, expects to earn at least $10,000 a year exporting crocodile penis to Japanese men wanting to improve their sex drive.
"Crocodile penis fetches about $2,000 a kilo," he said.
"You need a lot of penis to get the kilo up but it's a very profitable by-product.
"From South-East Asia there's a lot of interest in buying it for aphrodisiac purposes.
"Also, they believe if you eat the penis of the crocodile you'll take on the spirit and the aggression of the crocodile," he said.

Crocodile penis in Egypt ... crocodile penis in Japan ... and in all South-East Asia, too. Hmmmm! Very interesting, indeed!!!!! RG, why not farm them? We could earn truckloads of cash. ;D ;)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 07:45:06 PM by juan »
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 11:04:11 PM »
this will be a good show!