w

wizard

• you should be dancing !
    • View Profile
MISS YOUNG BOHOL 1983 MARCEL GATAL- DIEGO
« on: August 10, 2007, 05:43:17 AM »
MISS YOUNG BOHOL 1983 MARCEL GATAL- DIEGO

BIGGEST
miss young bohol 1983 was the biggest pageant ever in bohol so big that the 34 girls who represented their respective towns and the lone city of tagbilaran were housed at the ilaw international convention center

UNFORGETTABLE
the evening of may 1 1983 was unforgettable for our family because it was not only the tagbilaran city fiesta but also the coronation night for the biggest pageant of the province at that time. the 1983 miss young bohol pageant gathered 34 of the loveliest young ladies from all over the province to become the ambassador of goodwill for the then kabataang barangay (kb) headed by youth leader now congressman edgar chatto. the pageant was unforgettable because our eldest, marcelina marcel was the city's official bet.

SPECTACULAR
the pageant which was broadcast live over dyrd am and dytr am opened with the 34 ladies in their production number followed by their individual introduction in their casual wear. miss loboc, tessie labunog now mrs sumampong was proclaimed best in casual wear with miss tubigon, a heavy crowd favorite winning miss friendship

SHORTS COMPETITION
after the board of judges was introduced, the shorts competition (consisting of white strapless tube and white short shorts) followed with miss jagna, elizabeth gales winning best in shorts with miss tubigon winning miss photogenic.at this point, the frontrunners were already emerging with miss jagna and miss tubigon, along with miss loboc and miss dimiao, the former joy tago now dr. joy yap, one of bohol's most prominent dentists as heavy crowd favorites.

EVENING GOWN COMPETITION
the evening gown competition followed. the standouts were miss dimaio in an immaculate white evening gown and of course miss jagna in a lavender serpentina gown. and then miss tagbilaran came out in a figure- hugging crimson red evening gown with white tulle trimmings and matching scarf. she was elegance personified and was the unanimous choice of the judges as best in gown. miss tagbilaran's victory propelled her to the list of frontrunners along with miss carmen who was declared miss talent

THE TOP TEN
topping the preliminaries was miss dimiao followed by miss jagna and miss tagbilaran. the rest of the semi- finalists were the girls from antequera, clarin, carmen, loboc, tubigon, dauis, and jetafe

AND THEN THERE WERE FIVE
after the chitchat with bohol's premier host, ardie batoy, the girls were trimmed down further to the top five with miss loboc, miss carmen, miss jagna, miss dimiao and miss tagbilaran advancing. the biggest upset would be the non- inclusion of miss tubigon among the top five finalists

PROCLAMATION
after the final huddle and deliberations among the five judges, the final announcement came; 4th runner up was miss loboc, 3rd runner up was miss jagna, 2nd runner up was miss dimiao, 1st runner up was miss carmen and miss tagbilaran, my sister of course, declared as miss young bohol.

she just came out from her teens when she was crowned the most captivating boholana of 1983

mrs. marcel gatal- diego with husband of 24 years, tony diego

five years after winning the 1983 miss young bohol crown... with hubby tony diego and kids, kenneth adrianne and katrina angelica

twenty seven afters after that unforgettable pageant night...with husband and grown up kids
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 04:17:33 AM by mikey_gatal »

w

wizard

• you should be dancing !
    • View Profile
Re: MEET MISS YOUNG BOHOL 1983, MS. MARCEL GATAL- DIEGO
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 05:44:53 AM »
i remember that she was only 20 years old when she represented tagbilaran and  bested a field of more than 30 candidates to win the province's most prestigious beauty pageant

consuelo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 05:27:14 PM »
maganda ang pagkagawa ng picture na ito,lumabas na classic and elegant just like the beauty queen that she is,very pretty boholana indeed during her prime!

Rebel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 12:10:45 AM »
classic beauty

Hector

• line dance guru
    • View Profile

JohnDaniel

• don't work out much
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 08:02:14 AM »
skinny lady and hot
i train for healthy living

tart

• Global Moderator
  • a one man-woman...
    • View Profile
    • www.boholster.com
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 05:31:06 AM »
okey ka madam ahhhhh........
follow us too at www.boholster.com

"it's good to be hated of who you are than to be loved of who you are not...."

nico

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 07:21:05 AM »
ngano diay tambok na sya karon?

SAW_girl

• i saw,i came,i conquered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 06:11:42 PM »
hottie for me!!! ;)

Janet

• My Sexy Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 01:54:11 AM »
classic beauty si ate diri and idol ko na sya sa kagandahan department.
Please Visit My Beauty With A Purpose Website

www.janet.jamcee.com