j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
BREE: Australian Resources Industry Still Going Strong
« on: November 29, 2012, 07:15:54 PM »
Posted: 30/11/2012 5:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Energy, Job-seekers, Mining, Oil-and-gas, Construction

It’s hard to know what to believe about the resources industry in Australia. With media coverage fluctuating between boom and bust stories, jobseekers are left slightly dazed and confused. A new report from the Bureau of Resources and Energy Economics (BREE) http://bree.gov.au/ tells the real story and it’s good news.

The Resources and Energy Major Projects October 2012  http://www.bree.gov.au/publications/mimp.html gives detail on 87 major projects currently on the go in Australia worth more than $268 billion. The projects span mining, energy and infrastructure projects. Within the 87 committed projects, 11 of them are classified as “mega projects” at a value of more than $5 billion each.

Massive investment in resources projects
Martin Ferguson, Minister for Resources and Energy, was enthusiastic about the report which identified a 3% increase in investment since April of this year.

“To put Australia’s investment in oil and gas in perspective, the total committed expenditure on these projects is comparable to the cost of the Apollo Moon Program in today’s prices,” said Minister Ferguson.

“Just in the six months to October 2012, we’ve had 10 projects worth $13.2 billion committed, including the expansion of the Australia Pacific liquefied natural gas plant under construction in Gladstone, Queensland.”

“Although we have seen commodity prices cycle down recently, this report shows that we have a solid pipeline of potential investment in resources and energy.”

Skilled workers needed to complete projects
Minster Ferguson also spoke about the need to attract skilled labour into the Australian resources industry.

“In the face of lower commodity prices, the delivery of this pipeline of projects is contingent on keeping production costs down, providing access to skilled labour and increasing our productivity and efficiency.”

What this means for jobseekers
Despite recent media reports, the boom is not over. Projects through Queensland and Western Australia are driving the industry requiring skilled workers in mining, energy and construction. The LNG projects in Queensland are driving major infrastructure projects creating even more opportunities for jobseekers in engineering and construction trades.

To read more, click http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/Our-Blog/November-2012/BREE-Australian-Resources-Industry-Still-Going-Str.aspx
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
About BREE
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 07:28:27 PM »
About the Bureau of Resources and Energy Economics

The Bureau of Resources and Energy Economics (BREE) is a professionally independent, economic and statistical research unit within the Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism (RET).

BREE uses the best available data sources to deliver forecasts, data research, analysis and strategic advice to the Australian government and to stakeholders in the resources and energy sectors.

The Bureau was formed on 1 July 2011. Its creation reflects the importance placed on resources and energy by the Australian Government and the value of these sectors to the Australian economy. Key mandates of BREE are to provide high quality data, forecasts and research on resources and energy for Australia from an economic perspective. BREE also offers a range of professional services for its external clients.

The Executive Director/Chief Economist of BREE is Professor Quentin Grafton. He is supported by a dedicated team of resource and energy economists as well as an advisory board. The board is chaired by Drew Clarke, the Secretary of RET, and includes prominent Australian experts from both the private and public sectors.

The team at BREE holds a range of skills across over several economic disciplines and subject areas including:

•applied economic research and policy analysis in resources, energy and the environment
•microeconomic analysis
•macroeconomic analysis and markets
•applied mathematics
•mathematical modeling
•data collection
•statistical and econometric analysis and forecasting
•scenario and risk analysis.

The team at BREE also has an in-depth knowledge of resources and energy from both an Australian and a global perspective.
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.