• 0 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Changes to Australian Temporary Work Visa Planned For November
« on: December 01, 2012, 07:33:44 PM »
November 6, 2012 By Mark

The Australian Department of Immigration has announced a number of changes to the Temporary Work Visa with a number of visa sub classes being removed and a number being updated.
All changes will be effective the 24th November 2012.

From 24 November 2012 the following visa subclasses will no longer be open to new applicants:
•   Government Agreement (Subclass 406) visa
•   Exchange (Subclass 411) visa
•   Foreign Government Agency (Subclass 415) visa
•   Visiting Academic (Subclass 419) visa
•   Sport (Subclass 421) visa
•   Medical Practitioner (Subclass 422) visa
•   Media and Film Staff (Subclass 423) visa
•   Domestic Worker (Temporary) – Diplomatic or Consular (Subclass 426) visa
•   Domestic Worker (Temporary) – Executive (Subclass 427) visa
•   Religious Worker (Subclass 428) visa
•   Occupational Trainee (Subclass 442) visa

Professional Development (Subclass 470) visa.
Applicants who were previously eligible for the visas listed above may be eligible for one of the following five visa subclasses:
•   Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) (Subclass 401) visa
•   Training and Research (Subclass 402) visa
•   Temporary Work (International Relations) (Subclass 403) visa
•   Temporary Work (Entertainment (Subclass 420) visa
•   Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa.
There will also be changes from 24 November 2012 to the way the following visas operate:
•   Entertainment (Subclass 420) visa
•   Business (Long Stay) (Subclass 457) visa.

Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) visa
The Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) (Subclass 401) visa will allow you to come to Australia on a temporary basis to participate in a staff exchange arrangement, or to undertake sporting activities or religious work under one of the following three streams:
•   Sport
•   Religious Worker
•   Exchange.

Training and Research visa
The Training and Research (Subclass 402) visa will allow you to come to Australia on a temporary basis to undertake occupational training, conduct or observe research as a visiting academic or participate in a professional development program.
You can apply under one of the following three streams:
•   Professional Development
•   Occupational Training
•   Research.

Temporary Work (International Relations) visa
The Temporary Work (International Relations) (Subclass 403) visa will allow you to come to Australia on a temporary basis to:
•   represent a foreign government (where you do not have official status)
•   undertake work or an activity in accordance with the terms and conditions of an agreement between a Commonwealth or state/territory government and a government of another country, or
•   undertake domestic work for the holder of a Diplomatic (Temporary) visa (Subclass 995).
You may apply under one of the following four streams:
•   Government Agreement
•   Foreign Government Agency
•   Domestic Worker – Diplomatic or Consular
•   Privileges and Immunities.

Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa
From 24 November 2012 changes to this visa will be minimal. The name of the Business (Long Stay) (Subclass 457) visa will change to Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa. However employers will still be able to sponsor approved skilled workers to work in Australia on a temporary basis for up to four years. Employers may nominate a number of positions for different occupations in exactly the same way as the Business (Long Stay) (Subclass 457) visa.
You may apply under one of the following two streams:
•   Labour Agreement
•   Standard Business Sponsor.

Temporary Work (Entertainment) visa
Changes to the Temporary Work (Entertainment) (Subclass 420) visa will be minimal. The Temporary Work (Entertainment) (Subclass 420) visa will still allow you to come to Australia to work in film, television (including documentaries and commercials) or live productions in either a performance or behind-the scenes role, such as, directors, producers or other production personnel.
Following the repeal of the Media and Film Staff (Subclass 423) visa the Temporary Work (Entertainment) (Subclass 420) visa will allow for the inclusion of television or film crew, including actors, production and support staff and still-photographers, who are involved in the production of documentary programs or commercials exclusively for use outside Australia.
Journalists, correspondents or reporters representing overseas news organisations will instead need to apply for the Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa.
These changes will not affect sponsorship or nomination for the Temporary Work (Entertainment) (Subclass 420) visa.

The department of immigration have made available a number of video’s to help provide some further context around these changes which can be viewed by clicking here. (Opens in a new browser window)  http://www.immi.gov.au/visas/temporary-visa/

To read more, click http://www.gettingdownunder.com/changes-to-australian-temporary-work-visa-planned-for-november/
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.