• 44 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Re: Jobs in Antarctica 2012–2013
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2014, 06:32:14 PM »
enjoy naman pala sa antartica

'tognao kaau. Magkydpos sa kyatre! :D ;)
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

rogergatal

• Administrator
  • "proud to be an MG security, and i'm watching you"
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2014, 07:09:33 PM »
:-)

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk

life is beautiful!

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2014, 07:12:02 AM »
:-)

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk

Yeah, mate, they could be telltale signs beginning with the thread you kicked off last Oct 1st in FOOD TRIP. If I were you, I'd give it a shot at applying. :) ;)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 07:19:32 AM by juan »

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Re: Chef (Attention: RG!!!!!)
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2014, 07:52:42 AM »
As the station chef, your establishment is the only restaurant for thousands of kilometres!
If expeditioners don't like your cooking, they can't try the place next door because there isn't one!
Your job is probably one of the most challenging and rewarding on station, and there are many things to consider to successfully run your kitchen in such isolated conditions.
As the chef you will be responsible for station cooking and catering, food and kitchen hygiene, maintaining accurate records of all food and consumables, stock control, and for assisting with the re-ordering of food and consumables for the next season.
What will you actually do on the job?
•   Provide a nutritious and varied diet for expeditioners from Monday to Saturday inclusive (chefs are rostered off on Sundays during winter months).
•   Satisfy varied dietary requirements eg vegetarians and vegans.
•   Maintain the kitchen and utensils in a safe, operational and hygienic condition.
•   Manage food and consumable stock and ensure suitable storage.
•   Supervise and train the rostered kitchen staff.
•   Monitor usage of food items to enable re-ordering for next year.
•   Promote a convivial and sociable working and dining environment.
•   Manage food stocks at field huts and depots.
•   Prior to departure for Antarctica, assist with the ordering of kitchen equipment and consumables, and food including items for special dietary requirements.
As well as these specific job roles you will also be required to perform station duties rostered by the station leader to support community life, such as general kitchen duties, garbage clearance, water duties, and assisting other expedition members with official programs. You may volunteer for other duties such as firefighting, hydroponics and boating.

To read more, click http://www.antarctica.gov.au/living-and-working/experiences/chef 

Dunno what's Medusa after -- your food or your ... :-\ ;D

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2014, 02:32:10 PM »
Dunno what's Medusa after -- your food or your ... :-\ ;D

Yep. Medusa is sending me telekinetic message. Saying that she's starving for the food you cook and for your prowess in ... Hehe :) ;)
She's confined in her fortress of solitude in Antarctica. Aren't you longing to feel the Medusa touch? ??? :D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 02:46:31 PM by juan »