j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
7 Reasons to Keep Your Job Search Going in December
« on: December 12, 2012, 06:05:59 PM »
Posted: 13/12/2012 5:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Job-seekers, Career-resources

The end of the year is a busy time for holidays and social activities. Christmas, Hanukkah, Deepavali and Thanksgiving all cluster around the last weeks of the year. In Australia and other parts of the Southern Hemisphere, summer vacations and school holidays add to the mix. If you’re a jobseeker, it might seem tempting to put your search on hold. Before you do that, consider why it might be a good time to ramp things up.

1.   You’ll have less competition for jobs. Jobseekers often postpone their job search until after the holiday season. Putting in a few hard hours during the month of December can very well put you ahead of the crowd.
2.   Recruiters know December is a quiet month and the smart ones use this to their advantage. Very few events are scheduled for the jobs calendar. Many jobseekers put their job search on holiday. People actively looking for a job during the holidays often get a better reception from recruiters and hiring managers.
3.   Holidays are a great time to catch up with people you may not have seen for a while. Make sure to let people know you’re looking for new opportunity and use this busy social season as a networking exercise.
4.   Not everyone celebrates the same holidays. Make sure to check out opportunities in other countries who treat December as a ‘business as usual’ month.
5.   Employers still battle with ‘hard to fill’ roles no matter the season. While job advertisements drop during the silly season, people do hire when they find the right person.
6.   It’s easier to connect directly with hiring managers. As the holidays ramp up, the office gets quiet. It’s sometimes easier to get a hiring manager on the phone or get a reply to an email.
7.   It’s easy to get time off in December. If you need to go to an interview or just want to spend a day or two at home hitting the phones and online jobs boards, no one asks too many questions during the month of December.

To read more, click http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/Our-Blog/December-2012/7-Reasons-to-Keep-Your-Job-Search-Going-in-Decembe.aspx
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.