China has deployed its newest and most advanced warship in the South China Sea

• 45 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Australia's Labor roiled by resignations after failed leadership coup
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2013, 06:56:38 PM »
even the prime minister said, " if you don't like it, then u are welcome to go"! those protests ignited some groups to disarray!

By Rob Taylor | Reuters – Fri, Mar 22, 2013

CANBERRA (Reuters) - Australia's Prime Minister Julia Gillard faced a string of ministerial resignations on Friday in the wake of a botched leadership coup against her, forcing a reshuffle of her Labor government just months from potentially disastrous elections.

Resources Minister Martin Ferguson said he would step down, joining departing Cabinet colleagues Simon Crean and Chris Bowen, as well as junior minister Kim Carr. All had backed Gillard's chief rival Kevin Rudd as the party's best hope to reverse polls pointing to a thrashing by conservative opponents at the September 14 elections.

"I have a view it's the only honorable thing to do. I would have voted for Kevin Rudd yesterday and Simon Crean to try and give this party a fresh start," an emotional Ferguson told reporters at parliament in Canberra.
The political unrest in the country threatens to cloud decision making with elections just six months away and as the minority government readies to take leadership of the G20 and after Canberra became a rotating United Nations Security Council member.

Gillard stamped her authority on Labor by being re-elected unopposed after Rudd conceded he did not have the numbers to topple her after a tumultuous day of backroom plotting that will do even more damage to the government's fading popularity.
Treasurer Wayne Swan, widely derided by voters despite having steered the Group of 20 wealthy nations member through the last financial downturn with 5.4 percent unemployment and a 21st year of unbroken economic growth, was re-elected as Gillard's deputy.

Crean was sacked immediately by Gillard on Thursday for backing Rudd in what newspapers called a political "suicide bombing" that appeared to have delivered no gains for Labor except the near-certainty of a thumping election defeat.

TALENT DRAIN
Rudd, a Mandarin-speaking former prime minister ousted by Gillard in 2010 amid another round of plummeting polls, said on Friday he would never again run for the leadership - unless it was already vacant.

"I don't think it's worth raking over the coals. What's done is done and let's get on with the future," Rudd said. "It's really important that we bind together and that's what the Australian people expect of us."

Bowen, one of Rudd's key backers and a former immigration minister, said he would also quit, stripping Gillard's top ranks of another of its most effective political talents.

Ferguson, in particular, had been an influential advocate for the country's mining industry and helped broker a 2010 deal with major resource companies including BHP Billiton and Rio Tinto to abandon a damaging campaign against a mining profits tax introduced by Labor and later watered down.

Gillard, the plain-speaking daughter of Welsh migrants, has consistently failed to arrest a slump in opinion polls, which predict a major defeat in September with Labor losing about 20 seats in the 150-seat parliament.

But she attempted to draw a line under the divisions and concerns about her leadership, extending a press conference at a road construction site north of Sydney on Friday to face down questions from journalists about the government's stability.
"This issue is over and done with. This issue has been resolved for all time, and I think Kevin's statement reflects that," she said.

Gillard said she would make changes to her ministry in coming days, but faced a headache over who to appoint after the departure of some her most effective talents.
"I'm someone who is made of I think pretty strong stuff, and I think that's been on display. Politics is not an easy business," she said.

(Reporting by Rob Taylor; Editing by Ian Geoghegan)

« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 07:04:42 PM by juan »
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
hindi pa ba natapos tong sa Spratly

j

juan

• View Profile
hindi pa ba natapos tong sa Spratly

Off and on. Who knows what lies underneath? :) ;)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
sana hindi magpapaputok si Kev

j

juan

• View Profile
by Bro Jhudaz

China has deployed its newest and most advanced warship in the South China Sea, the Taiwan-owned China Times has reported.

Think this the is Passex PLA Navy - Liuzhou Type 054A frigate
Passex PLA Navy - Liuzhou Type 054A frigate

j

juan

• View Profile
China's Newest And Deadliest Warship Has Entered The South China Sea
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2014, 09:52:55 PM »
Business Insider Australia ROBERT JOHNSON JAN 1 2013, 2:12 AM

As five other countries claim ownership of the Spratly Islands in the South China Sea, and its supposed billions in oil and gas deposits, China’s backing its claim by sending the newest warship it has to the region.The Taiwan-owned China Times reports the Liuzhou Type 054A warship entered the South China Sea Fleet of China’s PLA Navy, making it the sixth 054 warship in the area.

Though the Type 054A is not a new design, this most recently commissioned vessel will have the latest technological advantages.

From China Times:
Liuzhou is currently considered one of China’s most advanced surface combat Type 054A vessels. It has a stealthy hull design with sloped surfaces and radar absorbent materials. Equipped with a medium-range air defence missile system, the vessel is capable of destroying air targets at a distance up to 50 km. Although it is not as lethal as the Russian-built Sovremenny class and domestic destroyers, the new frigate still serves well as a multi-role warship in the Chinese fleet.

Among all 16 frigates in the same class and currently in the service of the PLA Navy, Liuzhou is the newest addition. Since Liuzhou is commanded by the South Sea Fleet, which is based in Zhanjiang of Guangdong province, analysts believe that its primary mission is to protect Chinese interests in the disputed South China Sea. The mainland and five other countries — Taiwan, Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia and Brunei — have competing claims to the region’s islands and atolls.

The Liuzhou’s deployment comes days after the U.S. vowed to increase its military presence in the Philippines and China’s ensuing outrage over the decision.

The warship carries an array of sophisticated weapons including anti-submarine ordnance and stealth features allowing it to evade radar and move undetected.

To read more, click http://www.businessinsider.com.au/chinas-054a-liuzhou-warship-in-south-china-sea-fleet-2012-12

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 09:54:11 PM by juan »

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
sana hindi magpapaputok si Kev

nagka potukan ba sa time na to?
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092

j

juan

• View Profile
Been reading update. FBI has joined in the international search for answers. Security experts say that China may have been the intended target.
Hmmmm! Interesting. :)

"Let China sleep, for when she awakens
she will shake the world."
(Napoleon Bonaparte)
 :) ;)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 09:39:26 PM by juan »

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
ginamit kaya nila sa paghahanap ng nawawalang plane?