Balbacua, now i finally tasted you and Recipe!

• 0 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Balbacua, now i finally tasted you and Recipe!
« on: January 17, 2013, 08:44:23 AM »
I have been hearing a lot of good things about the Balbacua of the southern Philippines and i finally had one good taste last January 12, 2013 during a despidida party of Albert Logrono in West Covina, California, it was very delicious.  It is a favorite wayside eatery dish that originated in Cebu but widely accepted and also popular in other parts of Visayas and Mindanao. There are some restaurants in Manila that now serve the same dish to the amazement of first time eaters. Its rich, thick and peppery broth plus the tender and succulent meat have delighted many customers. By the western standard, it might be considered as a bit unusual as it uses exotic beef parts such as oxtail, skin and feet (?paa ng baka?). Although some may be appalled, I?m sure many will love it.

Balbacua, like ?Dinuguan?, is another proof of the cooking abilities of Filipinos to transform what others will consider as unusable parts of meat into wonderful dishes, comparable to those made from the prime cuts. Strange as it may seem from the stand point of international cuisine but its good taste and delicate texture are bound to propel it to further acceptance in the Luzon areas and who knows, in other parts of the world.

To learn more and it's recipe, click link below:

Read more at http://en.petitchef.com/recipes/balbacua-a-cebu-specialty-dish-fid-448535#DyU5uL2y7oiJME4Q.99
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 08:45:11 AM by OMG! »