Hot Degrees for Bechelor's

• 4 replies
h

harmanx2

• View Profile
Hot Degrees for Bechelor's
« on: April 05, 2013, 11:35:09 PM »
Bachelors is now new high school diploma and here are some hot bachelor's degrees that has the potential in job market.

Bachelor's in Business Administration
Bachelor's in Health Care Administration
Bachelor's in Accounting
Bachelor's in Communications
Bachelor's in Computer Science

j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Degrees for Bechelor's
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 10:55:03 PM »
myriad more in Australia's resource industry!
 :) ;)
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Hot Jobs: Electrical Engineer
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 12:29:19 AM »
Posted: 9/04/2013 5:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Mining, Job-seekers

One of the hot jobs in the resources industry is for electrical engineers. It’s not just mining jobs - Every sector of the Australian resources industry requires electrical engineering skills and people with the right education and training are in high demand. In addition, the industry offers graduate programs in electrical engineering http://www.miningoilandgasjobs.com/jobs/graduate-entry/  which is a good way for someone just out of university to get the necessary on-the-job training.

What does an electrical engineer do?
The following video gives insight into the occupation from engineers working at Rio Tinto. Electrical engineers are the custodians of the electrical standards at any site. They assist electricians on site to ensure everything is working correctly.
To watch the 56 videos, click http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/april-2013-(1)/hot-jobs-electrical-engineer.aspx

Wish had a fast backward button that I could press to wind back my life to the time obtained my BSEE degree. :'( :'( :'(

In addition, electrical engineers:

• Support large projects
• Keep up production targets
• Ensure equipment complies with standards
• Run reliability based projects to address chronic failures
• Meet with suppliers and manufacturers to ensure what they supply is meeting internal standards
• Perform technical fault finding activities
• Ensure quality standards are being met

Electrical Engineers at Rio Tinto
If you work as an electrical engineer, you’ll never stop learning. Job satisfaction for engineers is high and they usually enjoy a good work/life balance. As with most engineering roles, salary and compensation packages for electrical engineers are very competitive.

For more information
If you would like more information about becoming an electrical engineer at Rio Tinto, get in touch with Jane Ellis on (07) 3625 7634 or email [email protected]. Alternatively, check out all our Rio Tinto jobs.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 12:39:54 AM by juan »

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
High wages attracting low skilled workers
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 08:51:31 PM »

Australian Mining 12 April, 2013 Andrew Duffy

The WA mining industry is attracting unsuitable workers who want to earn high wages without building a career in the sector, a consulting firm says.

Resources and Engineering Skills Alliance CEO Phillip de Courcey told Fairfax Media the mining industry was struggling against a myth that people could earn high wages without hard work and commitment.

De Courcey said the myth had attracted workers to the industry that were “motivated for the wrong reasons”.

“They're motivated to only come and earn money as opposed to building a career and a future in the industry and the state,” he said.

De Courcey said because of the lure of high wages there were many workers trying to enter the industry without the right skills or experience.

He also said beyond having the right skills workers needed to be able to adapt to the fly-in fly-out lifestyle and strict workplace regulations.

De Courcey has been busy in the national media over the last few months, and told ABC News recently the skills shortage and low productivity were still hurting the mining industry.

Earlier this year figures from the Australian Bureau of Statistics showed the mining industry continued to pay the highest wages in Australia.

j

juan

• View Profile
Re: Hot Degrees for Bechelor's
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 09:07:07 PM »
Australian Mining 21 March, 2013 Andrew Duffy

Australian miners have been a victim of their own success, and low productivity linked to the skills shortage risks hurting the sector further, an industry collective says.

ABC News reports Resources and Engineering Skills Alliance CEO Phil de Courcey told an Adelaide conference further productivity declines were on the horizon unless the mining industry boosted its skilled workers.

De Courcey said the fields of drilling, geology, engineering, and project management were of particular importance.

He said poor productivity and a lack of labour were still blocking some benefits from the mining sector.

“We've had a lot of new projects that have come online and we haven't had the population and the skills growth in Australia to support those from existing resources,” he said.

“There's a natural flow between skills and productivity and efficiency, and efficiency means economic competitiveness and that allows us to maintain Australia's position as really one of the premier mining nations and mining entities in the world.”

Earlier this week a new survey indicated international mining executives still feared the lack of a skilled workforce would have a negative impact on their operations in 2013.

The report also said mining bosses were increasingly looking toward replacing low skilled workers with new technology in order to solve skills shortages and improve productivity.