Renal (kidney) Transplant - My Saga

• 0 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Renal (kidney) Transplant - My Saga
« on: June 21, 2013, 08:22:57 PM »
Had my renal transplant [kt] Oct 25, 2005. Ought to have been confined fortnight only. Instead was discharged Dec 16, 2005 - 7 wks later!
Reason: Massive leak at first. Did reconstructive surgery 1 wk later. Natiwasan. Burst. Plumbing problem. 'coz Zulacs wasn't the master plumber. Hehehe.
Didn't doubt the skill of the vascular surgeon. He'd done 500+ kt before he did mine.
Easy to understand is, say, you bought a tight jeans. Fitted it. Thread broken. Stitch it back. Following morning wear to work. Squat (pongko) down. Burst at its seams.
My bladder after being dormant for 8 yrs, as expected, shrunk. Not fully understood is, didn't expand as quickly as it should.
Instead of flowing to my bladder, fluid was discharged to my tummy and out through the Jackson Pratt (JP) drain. Waited until the wound closed (healed) slowly by itself.
One yr later, in Sept, was operated again. Confined for whole month. Calcium in the fluid during massive leak calcified (cemented) everwhere in my tummy. They did a nasty cut starting from my navel all the way down to about 1-inch above my penis. Was 5 hrs in the operating table as they did the masonry job breaking the calcium deposits.
Guess that little fellow down below doesn't want me yet. Neither does the Big Fellow up above. They still want me to remain on earth to do more mischiefs. ;D
Initially, the doctors thought of removing the new kidney and declaring the transplantation a failure. But reluctant to do so ‘coz the new kidney was terribly in love with me. Hehehe. :) ;)
To elaborate, while still dialyzing, creatinine count was about 500. Normal range is between 60 – 150. Hence, about 400 had to be taken away during dialysis.
But right after kt, the count dropped to a whooping 68! And had been almost always below 100 since. Many other kt patients still had to dialyze right after kt for up to a month or so before the creatinine count dropped to within normal range. :) ;)

"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.