Solving an ancient problem to benefit oil and gas professionals

• 0 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Posted: 26/07/2013 5:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Mining

Approximately 165 million years ago, the Australian, Indian and Antarctic plates drifted apart from the super-continent Gondwana. There has been uncertainty in the past as to the exact position and movements of the plates, however a recent development has shed light on this, as well as offering a pleasant surprise for oil and gas professionals.

Australian researchers have used computer modelling to correct the understanding of tectonic plates and their ancient movements, which will help locate the sources of oil and gas in the Australia region more accurately, a research statement from Australian National University (ANU) http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/794069.shtml#.Ud12ZvlQGcE  said.

According to Professor Gordon Lister of the ANU Research School of Earth Sciences, the location of oil and hydrocarbon resources is determined by the tectonic architecture of the Earth.
“We’ve brought geology back into the equation, making our understanding of the underlying processes that build the Earth’s architecture much more accurate,” he commented.

Geoscience Australia’s Dr George Gibson said, “This information can help us understand where and how sedimentary basins containing oil and gas formed, such as those that are found along Australia’s southern margin.”

Computer modelling will help to improve efficiency and lower costs in the oil and gas industry. The improved accuracy will speed up the exploration process and reduce the number of trips needed to visit regions with oil and gas potential.

To read more, click http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/july/solving-an-ancient-problem-to-benefit-oil-and--(1).aspx
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.