• 0 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Vietnam keen on boosting defense ties with Philippines
« on: August 28, 2013, 12:58:37 AM »
tuoitrenews.vn Updated : 08/28/2013 13:39 GMT + 7

Vietnamese Defense Minister Phung Quang Thanh has asked Filipino President Benigno S. Aquino III to strengthen defense ties between the two countries.

General Thanh, who was on a two-day visit to the Philippines at the invitation of Filipino Secretary of Defense Voltaire Tuvera Gazmin, made the call at a meeting with the Filipino President in Manila on August 27.

At the meeting, Thanh expressed delight at the fruitful cooperation between the two countries and highlighted the progress made in defense ties, while acknowledging that more needs to be done to improve the bilateral ties.

Both countries should share more of their experiences in protecting maritime territorial sovereignty and exclusive economic zones, the general said.
In reply, President Aquino said the visit of Vietnam’s top defense leader will contribute to foster the friendship between the two peoples and armed forces.

He also praised Vietnam’s role in the region and pledged support for the two militaries to fulfill all their agreements, which are mainly centered on cooperation between the two coast guard forces and personnel training.

Earlier on Monday, General Thanh held talks with his Filipino counterpart Voltaire Tuvera Gazmin, during which the two sides agreed to further boost cooperation for mutual interests and for the sake of regional peace, stability, cooperation and development.

The two officials approved plans to set up a deputy ministerial defense policy dialogue, exchange delegations at all levels, boost cooperation in humanitarian assistance and disaster relief, and continue mutual support at multilateral forums.

General Thanh thanked the Filipino Government and army for rescuing and helping Vietnamese fishermen in distress at sea, and proposed that the Philippines continue to give humanitarian treatment to Vietnamese fishermen violating its maritime sovereignty.
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.