GOLF

• 28 replies

lamay

• View Profile
GOLF
« on: April 14, 2008, 10:54:24 PM »
Golf is a sport in which a player, using several types of clubs, hits a ball into each hole on a golf course in the lowest possible number of strokes. Golf is one of the few ball games that does not use a standardised playing area; rather, the game is played on golf "courses," each one of which has a unique design and typically consists of either 9 or 18 separate holes. Golf is defined in the Rules of Golf as "playing a ball with a club from the teeing ground into the hole by a stroke or successive strokes in accordance with the Rules."

The first game of golf for which records survive was played at Bruntsfield Links, in Edinburgh, Scotland, in A.D. 1456, recorded in the archives of the Edinburgh Burgess Golfing Society, now The Royal Burgess Golfing Society. Golf has become a worldwide sport, with golf courses in the majority of countries.

Golf competition may be played as stroke play, in which the individual with the lowest number of strokes is declared the winner, or as match play with the winner determined by whichever individual or team posts the lower score on the most individual holes during a complete round. In addition, team events such as fourball have been introduced, and these can be played using either the stroke or matchplay format. Alternative ways to play golf have also been introduced, such as miniature golf, sholf and disc golf.

Golf has increasingly turned into a spectator sport, with several different levels of professional and amateur tours in many regions of the world. People such as Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus and Annika Sorenstam have become well recognised sports figures across the world. Sponsorship has also become a huge part of the sport and players often earn more from their sponsorship contracts than they do from the sport itself.

The famous 17th hole of the TPC at Sawgrass Stadium Course.

Tiger Woods displaying the textbook position (course: St Andrews).
shake it all off and just have fun!

Re: GOLF
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 12:03:11 AM »
this game  is only  for real.real businessman and rich people. ;D

dj paparazzi

• play by request..
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 12:05:07 AM »
hell yeah!
a very reliable source of current events here in bohol.. and watch out!

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 03:52:26 AM »
yung close friend ko magaling na daw dyan.lol.taga cortes sya.

jenny

• life is full of surprises!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 07:10:29 PM »
dili na tinuod, this game is only for the players who knows how to play golf siguro..
i'm back & i love ya'll, muah3x!

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 03:45:44 PM »

:) dili jud na tinuod ...golf is for everybody's ...as long that your interested to play on that kind of sport .....

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 03:47:46 PM »
:) dili jud na tinuod ...golf is for everybody's ...as long that your interested to play on that kind of sport .....

thanks for sharing Lily

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 03:49:21 PM »
True... i tried it once... don't think its my kind of sport....  ;D
LovE mE foR a SeCond, aNd I wiLL mAke ThaT SeConD LaSt a LiFetimE!  BBM-2450DFCA

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 03:53:04 PM »
True... i tried it once... don't think its my kind of sport....  ;D

i tried it too, aside from too much sun exposure, my back is killing me

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 03:58:21 PM »
Mikey... u need to stretch before u start swinging that 9 iron.... lol.
LovE mE foR a SeCond, aNd I wiLL mAke ThaT SeConD LaSt a LiFetimE!  BBM-2450DFCA