Massive extremely dangerous earthquake in Bohol, Philippines

• 67 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Massive extremely dangerous earthquake in Bohol, Philippines
« on: October 14, 2013, 08:42:36 PM »
Massive extremely dangerous earthquake in Mindanao, Philippines – At least 6 fatalities

Click http://earthquake-report.com/2013/10/15/very-strong-earthquake-mindanao-philippines-on-october-15-2013/

This page will automatically refresh every 10 minutes as we might be adding regular updates. Keep it open in a browser tab.
With the collaboration of Carlos Robles

« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 06:21:10 PM by OMG! »
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Suggested Prayers For Use with Victims of Disaster
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 08:55:44 PM »
Suggested Prayers
For
Use with Victims of Disaster

The following prayers might be helpful when working with victims of a disaster. However,
remember that it preferable to use impromptu, heartfelt prayers that are tailored to each
individual in these situations. These prayers might be guides or they might be used in a
communal setting or during a worship service. Some editing from the original versions
has been made. Feel free to adapt to the present circumstances as needed. Often ‘this
disaster’ or similar words are used; it would be desirable to substitute the current
conditions and locations instead. These prayers are only a sample of the many available
from other sources.

Particularly for Responders to a Disaster
During a catastrophe, for volunteers beginning service

Almighty God, merciful Father, your thoughts are not our thoughts, and your ways are not
our ways. Keep all of us and all who have been afflicted by this calamity from despair and
do not let our faith be destroyed by the hopelessness we encounter. Sustain and comfort
us. Direct all our efforts to attend the injured, console the bereaved, and protect the
helpless. Deliver any who are still in danger and bring hope and healing that we may find
relief and restoration. Through Jesus Christ, your Son and our Lord, who lives and reigns
with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.

For Rescue Workers
Merciful Father, we command to your loving keeping all who work to bring rescue and relief
especially the firefighter, police, paramedics, medical personnel, and volunteers, all who
are helping, Give them courage in danger, skill in difficulty, and compassion in service.
Sustain them with bodily strength and calmness of mind that they may perform their work
to the well-being of those in need so that lives may be saved and communities restored.
Amen.

Prayers for use with those affected by the disaster
Prayer in times of trouble

God of wind and water, stillness and storm, your spirit sweeps over the surface of the sea.
Give us faith to seek you in times of trouble. Reach out your hand to us when we are
sinking so that we may believe and worship you; through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.
Amen.

Time of Community Mourning
God our creator, through those who are providing care we enjoy all goodness and life. Turn
our eyes to your mercy in this time of confusion and loss. Comfort those who mourn the
loss of loved ones because of this disaster. Shine your light on those whose only
companion is darkness. Through your Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

Time of National Distress
Eternal God, amid all the turmoil and changes of this world your love is steadfast and your
strength never fails. In this time of danger and trouble, be to us a sure guardian. Guide
the leaders with your wisdom. Comfort those in distress. Grant courage and hope to face
the future. Through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. Amen.

Prayer
Loving Lord, we come to you trusting in your mercy and knowing that your steadfast love
endures forever. Look with mercy on those who have been harmed or displaced by this
disaster. Grant them your strength to meet the days ahead. Allow those who are
affected to experience your peace which passes all understanding and new hope in the
resurrection. Move in those who are able to give aid, that we may be your hands and heart
on the earth. Be with all who offer your assistance; may your Spirit uphold them. To you
face the challenges ahead. Give us the assurance of your presence even in this time so
that we can cling to your promise of hope and life shown us through Jesus Christ, our
Savior and Lord, Amen.

Prayer after disaster
Merciful God, hear our cry for your mercy in the wake of this disaster. Reveal your
presence in the midst of our suffering. Help us to trust in your promises of hope and life
so that desperation and grief do not overtake us. Come quickly to our aid that we may
know peace and joy again. Strengthen us in this time of trial with the assurance of hope
that we know in the death and resurrection of your Son. Amen.

Prayer in the midst of natural disasters
Merciful God, when the chaos of natural disaster threatens to overtake us, awaken our
faith to know the power of your peace. Deliver us from our fear and ease our anxiety.
Help us to endure the time of uncertainty and give us strength to face the challenges
ahead. Give us the assurance of your presence even in this time so that we can cling to
your promise of hope and life shown to us. Amen.

Prayers for use by those individuals and congregations outside the disaster area
Disaster Prayer

O God, where hearts are fearful and constricted, grant courage and hope. Where anxiety
is infectious and widening, grant imagination and resistance. Where distrust twists our
thinking, grant healing and illumination. Where spirits are daunted and weakened, grant
soaring wings and strengthened dreams. All these things we ask in the name of Jesus
Christ, our Savior and Lord. Amen.

Prayer
O God, we give you thanks for the revelation of your creative power in our world. Reveal
your love and hope in the midst of the suffering and chaos those individuals in the
affected area are experiencing. Give strength and perseverance to those who offer aid
and comfort. Move us with compassion to shoulder the burden of crisis with all your
children. Remind us to continue our prayers long after the shock of the original disaster
has passed. Amen.

Prayer
O God, you bring good news to those who are despairing. Help us to hear the cries of
those who are enduring trials and suffering. Enliven all your children to respond with
compassion, aid, and your care so all may know the hope of your grace. Fill us with the
spirit of your love. Amen.

Prayer
God of renewing love, sustain those who continue to suffer and rebuild in the aftermath of
this disaster. Bring hope in the midst of despair. Grant patience and endurance to those
who bring aid and assistance. In the name of your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen

Prayer for those Suffering
Loving God, in the communion of Christ, we are joined with the trials and sufferings of all.
Be with those who endure the effects of this disaster. Protect those in the path of
danger. Open the pathway of evacuation. Help loved ones to find one another in the chaos.
Provide assistance to those who need help. Ease the fears of all and make your presence
known in the stillness of your peace, through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. Amen.

Prayer after Disaster
Gracious God, your word of peace stills the storms that rage in our world. Bring hope to all
persons and places that know devastation in the calm following the winds and rains of
Hurricane Irene. Bring comfort to those who grieve the loss of loved ones and property.
Let your love be known through those who work to bring order to the chaos. Help us to
shoulder the burden of suffering and make us bearers of hope that can be found in you,
through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. Amen.

Lutheran Disaster Response, Upstate NY
Plan Spiritual Care Prayers Annex Draft - 08152011
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 09:04:04 PM by juan »

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Re: Massive extremely dangerous earthquake in Mindanao, Philippines
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 09:16:15 PM »
Don't just pray for Bohol or for earthquake victims. Let's pray for everyone. For them to be safe at all times like what we want for the people we love.

Sometimes we get overwhelmed with the details and complexities of our lives. Sometimes we need some help to get untangled, to gain a new perspective. Ask for help. Help may come in human or divine form. It may be seen or unseen. Ask, and ye shall receive.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 10:32:20 PM »
More photos shared by friends of the recent Earthquake in Bohol, Philippines

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 11:05:16 PM »
So many damages

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 11:09:11 PM »
Very sad Bohol!

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 11:12:20 PM »
So many damages
Reparation cost will be astronomical!

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 11:15:22 PM »
Yet another reason for kababayans back home to go abroad and earn $. :)

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 11:39:27 PM »
Yet another reason for kababayans back home to go abroad and earn $. :)
please help Juan

j

juan

• View Profile
Latest update on fatalities.
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 05:12:56 PM »
Massive extremely dangerous earthquake in Bohol, Philippines – At least 97 people killed, hundreds injured, around 4 billion PHP damage expected.

Bohol and Cebu declared calamity areas. :(
The twin islands of sin. >:( This is Sodom and Gomorrah all over again. >:(

Kanus-a man ta mo-retire sa ato, Choi? Ugma? :) ;)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 05:44:35 PM by juan »