Massive extremely dangerous earthquake in Bohol, Philippines

• 67 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Bohol earthquake creates miles-long rocky wall
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2013, 08:00:15 PM »
umangat talaga mga lupa sa Inabanga but karamihan sa houses were safe after the earthquake

Agence France-Presse 1:10 pm | Friday, October 25th, 2013

MANILA, Philippines—A deadly earthquake that struck Bohol last week created a spectacular rocky wall that stretches for kilometers (miles) through farmlands, astounded geologists said Thursday.

Dramatic pictures of the Earth-altering power of the 7.1-magnitide quake have emerged as the government worked to mend the broken central island of Bohol, ground zero of the destruction.

A “ground rupture” pushed up a stretch of ground by up to three meters (10 feet), creating a wall of rock above the epicenter, Maria Isabel Abigania, a geologist at the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology, told Agence France-Presse.

“Our people have walked five kilometers (three miles) so far and not found the end of this wall,” she said, as experts from the institute surveyed the damage.

“So far we have not gotten any reports of people getting swallowed up in these cracks. The fault runs along a less-populated area.”

A photograph on the institute’s website showed part of the rock wall grotesquely rising on farmland behind an unscathed bamboo hut.

Another house was shown lodged in a crack of the Earth, while a big hole on the ground opened up at a banana farm.
Renato Solidum, head of the institute, said the ground fissures from the quake, which killed 198 people on Bohol and two nearby islands, were among the largest recorded since the government agency began keeping quake records in 1987.

“Most of our other quake records show a lateral (sideways) tearing of the earth, though we’ve also had coral reefs rising from the sea,” he said, citing a 6.7-magnitude earthquake that hit the central island of Negros last year.

The Philippines lies on the so-called Pacific Ring of Fire made up of chains of islands, created by volcanic eruption, that are also frequently hit by earthquakes.

President Benigno Aquino told reporters Thursday the institute had assured him the worst was over, though Bohol would continue to be hit by aftershocks over the next few weeks.

“There is no immediate danger” either from the aftershocks or from the ground fissures, said Aquino, who slept in an army tent there overnight Wednesday in solidarity with the survivors.

Click http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/514005/bohol-earthquake-creates-miles-long-rocky-wall to view a pic. :) ;)

« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 08:03:02 PM by juan »
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
Re: Massive extremely dangerous earthquake in Bohol, Philippines
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2013, 11:08:53 PM »
laking damages talaga.
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2013, 04:43:59 PM »
peligro gihapon mga aftershock if naa nay gamay damage ang balay?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2013, 12:58:59 AM »
peligro jud bai.. ug dako jud ka ug balay, need engineer to chek para sure na balikan ug puyo..
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2013, 02:11:33 AM »
Kung payag ang bai pwede na dili engineer?

Sent from my EBM8000ND using Tapatalk

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2013, 09:33:03 PM »
peligro jud bai.. ug dako jud ka ug balay, need engineer to chek para sure na balikan ug puyo..
bitaw bai karon pa ko ka klaro sa nahitabo sa bohol pag MG nako kay karon p nagawa ang comp. nako... sa t.v kay dli kaayo klaro ang mga news.
i have something inside me..if there's a fullmoon i'd become a monster wolf!! ehahhahhhah.. - i'm garypogs!

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2013, 12:27:01 AM »
aw mada raman ug tukotuko ang payag Bai.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 12:27:22 AM by wardiflex »

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2013, 03:37:19 PM »
aw mada raman ug tukotuko ang payag Bai.
bai ward na feel nimo linog gabii?

Sent from my EBM8000ND using Tapatalk

j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
More aftershocks hit Bohol, Cebu provinces
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2013, 04:46:01 PM »
 (philstar.com) | Updated November 2, 2013 - 1:51pm

MANILA, Philippines - A magnitude-5.2 earthquake struck Tagbilaran City in Bohol province on Friday night.
The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) said the quake struck at around 9:58 p.m., 34 kilometers northeast of Tagbilaran City.

The quake's depth was measured at eight kilometers.

It was felt at Intensity 5 in Talibon, Bohol; Mandaue City and Cebu City in Cebu; Intensity 3 in Dumaguete City and Intensity 1 in Hibok-hibok.

Another quake struck Tagbilaran City shortly after midnight on Friday.
The quake, measured at 4.3 magnitude, was felt at Intensity 5 in Mandaue City, Intensity 2 in Cebu City and Intensity 1 in Lapu-Lapu City.

Phivolcs said the two quakes were aftershocks of the magnitude-7.2 temblor that struck Bohol and Cebu provinces last October 15.

The agency has recorded more than 3,100 aftershocks since the major temblor, which affected more than two million people and killed more than 200.
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2013, 01:30:36 PM »
Visiting Antiquera.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2