Survivor claims Don Mariano bus was speeding, tilting on its side before it fell

• 0 replies

ryanjoe

• Global Moderator
  • Here without you.
    • View Profile
Mon, Dec 16, 2013

A survivor in the Skyway accident in Taguig says that the bus driver of the Don Mariano Bus was speeding moments before the tragedy happened.

Ryan Brecia, one of four bus passengers brought to the Parañaque Medical Center after the accident, said the bud was already tilting on its side just before it fell off the Skyway.

"Medyo mabilis po kasi parang hindi nababalanse ng driver ang pagmamaneho. Gumewang talaga sa bilis. Nakatulog ako, idlip, tapos may sumigaw. Naramdaman ko kumaskas na. Kumapit na lang ako tapos ayun po, bumagsak na lang," he said.

Brecia also said he may have survived because he sat near the front of the bus. Most of the fatalities were seated at the back.

"Milagro lang. Yung konduktor, nakaharang po sa daanan sa likod kaya ginawa ko po, umupo ako sa harapan muna...swertehan na lang po talaga," he said.

The Philippine Red Cross reported at least 22 are dead, while 20 others were injured when a passenger bus fell off the Skyway near Bicutan Monday morning. The bus was on its way to Pacita Complex, Laguna.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:49:41 PM by ryanjoe »
You had me at my best. She had me at my worst.