Tagbilaran Bishop: Bohol quake victims forgotten

• 4 replies

bby_lai

• love fearlessly......
    • View Profile
Tagbilaran Bishop: Bohol quake victims forgotten
« on: January 12, 2014, 04:25:01 AM »
With the attention and aid more focused on typhoon-ravaged Central Visayas, the victims of last year’s powerful earthquake in Bohol province feel they have been forgotten.
“We feel forgotten here in Bohol,” Tagbilaran Bishop Leonardo Medroso said in an article posted on the Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) website.
He said several victims displaced by the magnitude-7.2 temblor last October 15 are still in need of help.
Still, Medroso said, they need to stand up again by helping each other and through their strong faith.
“We are in the stage of rebuilding. Of course this is the spirit of the people here who were discouraged because of the earthquake,” he said.
“The people are recovering very fast and their faith becomes stronger. That means that the earthquake is a means of evangelization for us, very strong,” added Medroso.
The bishop also renewed his appeal for aid to rebuild several parish churches damaged by a strong earthquake that struck Bohol province last year.
“To those who have faith and have seen the importance of the churches for our celebration of the Eucharist, we are appealing to you to help us rebuild Bohol again,” Medroso said.
According to him, with the restoration of the churches, it can give more hope to victims and could spur the province to rise up again.
“… So that we too, having recovered ourselves, we can also help other people by spreading the Good News,” he said.
Medroso said they already have started rebuilding damaged-churches especially those that are considered as cultural heritage.
“Because it would take time to rebuild, we will build new alternate churches, smaller one but decent, as a place for us to celebrate the Eucharist,” he added.
All of the diocese’s 50 parish churches suffered major damages during the earthquake including eight heritage churches with three of them in total wreck.
Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle on Thursday called on Filipinos ‘not to forget’ and pray for the victims of recent disaster that hit the country.
Just be yourself,. Life is too short to be someone else

bby_lai

• love fearlessly......
    • View Profile
Re: Tagbilaran Bishop: Bohol quake victims forgotten
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 04:26:58 AM »

sweets

• Global Moderator
  • "pepsi lover"
    • View Profile
    • www.boholster.com
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 05:51:41 AM »
Mao jud.
Nag divert to yolanda. Namingaw ang bohol sa tulong

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

bby_lai

• love fearlessly......
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 05:17:30 AM »
lage... murag mas grabeh rba tong linog bah.. tsk!!!

j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 02:59:40 AM »
So are the o/s Pinoys -- the unsung heroes.
 :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 03:04:03 AM by juan »
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.