« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:42:43 PM by acespiker »

j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Re: Tagaytay City
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 06:17:45 PM »

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
If correct spot, used to be the di-parabolic antennas. Ie., a pair of parabolic curved antennas for transmitting radio signals. One for sending; the other for receiving. The road goes all the way to Matabungkay Beach.  
Yes, silent waters.
Brings back memories of Matabungkay Beach. Went there one Sunday with an FTC cigarette salesman delivering cigarettes to his suki. Along the way, dropped by Taal Vista Lodge and had a breathtakingly scenic view of the Taal Volcano.
Most of the time, Matabungkay Beach is safe to swim. But, occasionally, the water can be dangerous. A treacherous undertow may occur.
:) ;)

Just one day in my life in the mid '70s :) ;)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 06:25:27 PM by juan »
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 07:09:28 PM »
If correct spot, used to be the di-parabolic antennas. Ie., a pair of parabolic curved antennas for transmitting radio signals. One for sending; the other for receiving. The road goes all the way to Matabungkay Beach.   Just one day in my life in the mid '70s :) ;)
nice

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 07:37:38 PM »
nice

And, of course, Taal Volcano! ;D ;)
If you happen to visit the Philippines, one tourist spot you must not miss is the Taal Volcano. The scenic spot is at Taal Vista Lodge. The best time to go there is during a very foggy morning. You will be begging the fog to open up so you can see the view. If the fog should pity you, it will open up but only for a short moment. Then, it closes and that’s the end of it.

If the fog doesn’t open up, then tough luck. You have to come back another day.

I mean, on a clear, sunny day, you can see that it is really very beautiful. But you will be depriving yourself of the excitement of begging.

It’s like the difference between looking at a very beautiful woman that’s already naked and looking at her strip teasing. I prefer the latter. There’s that element of torture- that excite of begging, “Please remove your …..”. And when she has removed everything, it will only be for a short moment. Then, she runs backstage.

If she doesn’t appear, then tough luck. You have to come back another day.

No wait. The similarity does not end there. It is not only very beautiful. It is also very peaceful, very calm, very serene, etc., etc., etc. But underneath it is a smouldering lava. It is really a fiery volcano that could erupt anytime and claim 600 lives or more. Yes, indeed! It is no different from a woman. Of course, there are exceptions.

Why do people want to live nearby? Because the soil is very fertile due to the volcanic ash that is rich in phosphates. Yes, fertile like a woman.

In spite of her mercurial behaviour, I still prefer her to him. I must admit that it is a lot more fun to be with her than with him. Until she erupts. Then, I’d better run for my life.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:51:00 PM by juan »

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 11:10:01 PM »
And, of course, Taal Volcano! ;D ;)
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
nice gyud ang taal view in the morning.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 08:16:31 PM »
nice gyud ang taal view in the morning.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
Was my very first time and was really like that. Dropped by again on our way back sometime mid-afternoon. Fog had disappeared completely.
Told sightseers to go in the afternoon. 'til realized was really much more beautiful to watch on a very foggy morning. :) ;)

"If eyes were made for seeing,
Then, beauty is its own excuse for being."

sweets

• Global Moderator
  • "pepsi lover"
    • View Profile
    • www.boholster.com
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 08:38:23 PM »

Its a nice place to relax

Kanindot
Sana matuloy na punta namin there... Landtrip

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 09:58:30 PM »
Kanindot
Sana matuloy na punta namin there... Landtrip

kinsa mai mogasto? Skipper? Hehe  :) ;)

Ako dati, sumama lang sa FTC cigarette salesman nag-deliver sa Matabungkay. Cebuano ra sad. Kamag-anak ni Lucio Tan. BSME grad (underboard).
Ang laki2X ng kita nya. Basic pay minimum wage lang -- P8/day. Pero mi komisyon at travel allowance. Delivery panel and petrol provided. X'mas bonus minsan umabot ng P15k. That was mid '70s pa.
Pero ganon tlg. No matter what, hindi makabili ng bahay, lupa't kotse. Pero balita binigyan na sya ni Lucio. :) ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 10:01:59 PM by juan »

sweets

• Global Moderator
  • "pepsi lover"
    • View Profile
    • www.boholster.com
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 10:01:37 PM »
Depende.

Pero sa thailand pa raffle nya eh n pretty sure kasama ako hahaha