Civil Engineering, Mining Power Australian Construction Industry

• 4 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Posted: 2/10/2012 5:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Energy, Mining, Oil-and-gas, Construction

A new report from Cordell Information and the Housing Industry Association (HIA) shows civil engineering and mining projects dominate the Australian construction industry.  The annual Housing Industry Association-Cordell Construction 100 provides data on the largest 100 companies working in engineering construction and non-residential building sectors. It’s no surprise resources projects dominate the 2012 findings.

Harley Dale, the Chief Economist for HIA, said projects for the resources industry boosted the construction industry helping to influence an 18.1% increase in 2011/2012. Many of the top construction companies in Australia enjoyed work related to mining construction.

“Australia’s largest 100 construction contractors and non-residential builders were awarded contracts for construction work worth $70.9 billion in 2011/12. This result represents 57 per cent of the total value of construction work commenced,” explained Mr. Dale.

“The common thread across all companies at the top of the Construction 100 list is a strong presence in the mining, civil engineering, and community construction sectors, with John Holland Group this year standing out from the pack in terms of this diversification.”

To read more, click http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/Our-Blog/October-2012/civil-engineering-mining-power-australian-construc.aspx
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 09:10:21 PM by juan »
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Australia’s booming construction industry
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 07:32:28 PM »
Posted: 29/07/2013 5:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Construction

Construction professionals will be pleased to hear that the value of new construction projects in Australia has hit a record high. The Australian Bureau of Statistics revealed that between May 2012 and May 2013 there has been a 7.0% increase in the total number of dwelling units approved.

This was up 1.9% on the previous month and represented a 16th consecutive month of rising trend values, including seasonal fluctuations and discount outliers.

Further good news is that this is the first time the monthly trend value has ever broken the $7 billion barrier. This was helped by a rise of 7.2% in non-residential work in May.

Dwelling approval numbers increased in all areas except for the northern states of Queensland and Northern Territory, which saw declines of 0.5% and 4.9% respectively. It was no surprise that heavily populated New South Wales and Victoria saw dwelling approvals rise by 0.8% and 1.2% respectively.
Areas that saw the greatest increase in construction i
nclude the Australian Capital Territory, an increase of 4.1%, followed by Tasmania at 3.6%. Western Australian and South Australia had increases of 2.7% and 1.8% respectively.

This is good news for the construction labour market. A new labour market index launched by AMMA reported that construction labour requirements on Australia’s mining, energy and infrastructure projects alone will peak at nearly 100,000 workers in 2013.

To read more, click http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/july/australias-booming-construction-industry.aspx

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Re: Civil Engineering, Mining Power Australian Construction Industry
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 07:43:13 PM »
Quote from: vj on March 05, 2010, 02:15:56 PM
i heard ur latest 'lingaw' is offering money/scholarships to young Filipino women in exchange for a night (or nights) with you for whatever absurd plans and crap that you're very desperate of. LOL
thanks for the entertainment (yes old man, you!) and keep 'em coming.

;D ;D ;D

:D
Quote from: juan on July 09, 2013, 03:17:48 PM
Offering money/scholarships to a young talented Filipino woman to become an engineer in exchange for a night (or nights) with you for whatever absurd plans and crap that you're very desperate of  becoming my wife.
 :-* ;)
************************************************************************************

« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 07:54:48 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
Could mining fuel a manufacturing and construction boom?
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 10:29:47 PM »
Posted: 5/08/2013 8:52:21 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Mining, Construction

Manufacturing and construction professionals will be pleased to hear that they are set to benefit from the mining boom according to a new report released by the Gratten Institute called The mining boom: Impacts and prospects http://grattan.edu.au/publications/reports/post/the-mining-boom-impacts-and-prospects/  .

Overall, the boom has been good for Australia. It has helped the country to weather the global financial crisis and fund major government initiatives. The mining states of Western Australia, Queensland and the Northern Territory in particular have benefited from the boom but incomes have increased across the country faster than in the decade before. The boom has helped to offset the impacts of globalisation and technological change on lower-skilled workers.

In a discussion with ABC Radio Australia , the report’s author Jim Minifie said that the boom had increased national income by 13% and pushed down the prices of tradable goods and services to the benefit of the country.

The report points to resilience in the manufacturing sector but emphasises the importance of resuming the attention on skills and education to reap the long-term benefits of the “blue collar boom”. This is because industries that employ more highly educated workers have tended to grow faster.

Kim Hawtrey from B-I-S Shrapnel also contributed to the discussion. He is cautiously optimistic about the prospects of the construction sector leading Australia’s economy. In the latest Building in Australia report, he examined the situation state by state and believes that New South Wales, Western Australia and Queensland all have what it takes to lead a recovery in the building industry. New South Wales in particular is poised to take the centre stage because of the population boom in Sydney alongside affordability and the removal of planning barriers.

To read more, click http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/august-2013/could-mining-fuel-a-manufacturing-and-construction.aspx

j

juan

• View Profile
Construction apprentices to accelerate growth of WA’s residential building sector

Posted: 10/02/2014 5:00:20 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Job-seekers, Training-and-Development, Construction

The home building spree in Western Australia is urging the construction business owners to look at training more apprentices. There is a huge demand for residential buildings in the south west region of Western Australia. To meet this growing demand, builders need trained workers to help in constructing residential blocks.

Dale Alcock is a residential builder who believes that the construction industry will only get stronger if all builders and tradespeople look at the option of employing more apprentices in the future. He said that Western Australia is currently a growing market and young apprentices can really help in building a viable and growing trade base in this region.

The average age of a tradesperson in Western Australia is between 45 and 48 years. By rolling apprenticeships in the construction sector, the age gap can be minimised and it will encourage young people to seek lucrative careers in this field. There is currently a skillset gap which Mr Alcock is hopeful will be bridged by bringing in young and fresh talent.

He is urging all small and large builders to look at this training seriously and make it their number one priority so that the construction and building trading base in Western Australia can become stronger.

Are you looking for a break in the construction industry? Ever thought of becoming an apprentice to get your foot in the door?

To read more, click http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/february-2014/construction-apprentices-to-accelerate-growth-of-w.aspx

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 06:26:47 PM by juan »