j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
California: America's poorest state
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2014, 10:58:16 PM »
California: America's poorest state

Published on Nov 20, 2012
California is known as the home of Hollywood and the largest collection of billionaires in America, but new data shows that California is also America's poorest state.

The US Census Bureau says California's poverty rate is nearly 24 percent. This represents a huge jump over the state's previous poverty rate of 16 percent. The figures mean that nearly 1 in 4 Californians are living in poverty.

Experts say the high cost of living is a main cause of the poverty jump. Officials in Los Angeles say poor communities of color have been affected the most. They say corporations have purchased low-income housing across the city and forced the tenants out.

Experts say California is also not utilizing it's growing immigrant population.

The majority of the state's college students are immigrants and will likely determine the state's future.

Immigrant advocates say the poverty level would be lower if officials took action to give immigrants a path toward citizenship.

The numbers from the Census Bureau are part of a new method of determining U-S poverty. The study takes a closer look at housing, medical costs and food assistance programs.

Researchers say it will be some time before Californians recover. Experts say Californians are also experiencing the worst income inequality in America.

Census Bureau data shows that the upper class is making more money, despite the economy.

Officials at the state capitol say they plan to address the growing inequality by implementing the new tax approved by voters in November.

This tax affects only the state's top earners, with the money going to support education and other social programs.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 10:58:56 PM by juan »
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Former US immigrants find better life in India
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2014, 12:20:04 AM »
Former US immigrants find better life in India

Uploaded on Sep 24, 2010
Thousands of highly skilled Indian immigrants are choosing to leave the United States in the midst of the recession and move back to India. While most cite better job opportunities as the main reason for moving back, many also believe that they are able to live a better quality of life in India. While many Americans view immigrants as taking away jobs, Indian and Chinese immigrants are responsible for 50% of the companies in Silicon Valley and the creation of 15% of the jobs there. Time will only tell what this reverse immigration will mean for the American economy.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 12:24:53 AM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
Top American graduates heading to India for employment
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2014, 12:23:02 AM »
Top American graduates heading to India for employment

Uploaded on Sep 23, 2010
Breaking tradition, top American graduates are heading to India to find jobs and opportunity. Many believe that having experience in India is an important addition to their resume in this increasingly globalized world. Some say that its easier to find a good job in India than in the United States, as India's economy is growing while the US economy is predicted to shrink within the next year.

j

juan

• View Profile
Fault Lines - For sale: The American dream
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2014, 12:29:59 AM »
Fault Lines - For sale: The American dream

Published on Sep 4, 2012
The US' housing bubble burst nearly six years ago, but the worst may be yet to come.

After a landmark settlement, the major banks have lifted a freeze on foreclosures and government relief has been too small to make a difference.

"We are often portrayed as the bad people, like we basically just come in and make all the money from people who are in bad situations. But the fact is, if we don't buy the property then the bank [will] take the property back."

- Amy Chen, a real estate investor

Public housing budgets have been slashed, leaving larger numbers of people with no place to call home.

The line between home ownership and homelessness is growing ever more blurry, but neither President Barack Obama nor Governor Mitt Romney have made housing a major campaign issue.

Meanwhile, popular anger is rising over the perceived impunity of the banks and some have found innovative ways of fighting back in an age of austerity.

Fault Lines travels to Chicago and California to see how people at the frontlines of the crisis are confronting the collapse of the American dream.

"If you ask people who have been foreclosed upon, whose fault is it? They often they say it's mine. It's my fault, I did the wrong thing, instead of kind of saying this is a systemic problem," explains David Harvey, a social theorist and a professor of anthropology at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York.

"Capital is always producing surpluses, at the end of the day if you have got a profit, you've got a surplus and the big question is what do you do with it.

"[So] what you do is that you take part of that surplus and you reinvest it in something. And in United States, housing and urbanisation in general has been a vast field for expansion of profitable opportunities."

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
Re: Americans Leaving US in Record Numbers.
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2014, 01:46:02 AM »
wow
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092

j

juan

• View Profile
Re: Americans Leaving US in Record Numbers.
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2014, 08:25:12 PM »
BREAKING NEWS: China Starts Dumping U.S. Dollar
BREAKING NEWS: China Starts Dumping U.S. Dollar

Why U.S. Dollar Collapse Is Assured
Why U.S. Dollar Collapse Is Assured

« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 08:26:26 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile

j

juan

• View Profile

j

juan

• View Profile