• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
CATHOLIC CHURCH VS. PHILIPPINES RAPID POPULATION GROWTH *BETH ANGSIOCO, BISHOP BACANI, LACIERDA*

CATHOLIC CHURCH VS. PHILIPPINES RAPID POPULATION GROWTH *BETH ANGSIOCO, BISHOP BACANI, LACIERDA*

Uploaded on Mar 18, 2011
101 EAST Philippines: ELIZABETH ANGSIOCO, BISHOP BACANI, PRESIDENTIAL SPOKESMAN EDWIN LACIERDA INTERVIEW ON MARCH 18, 2011

We respect the consciences of our bishops when they promote natural family planning as the only moral means of contraception, in adherence to Humanae Vitae (1968), which teaches that married couples who want to control and space births should "take advantage of the natural cycles immanent in the reproductive system and engage in marital intercourse only during those times that are infertile" (no. 16). In turn, we ask our bishops to respect the one in three (35.6%) married Filipino women who, in their "most secret core and sancturary" or conscience, have decided that their and their family's interests would best be served by using a modern artificial means of contraception. Is it not possible that these women and their spouses were obeying their well-informed and well-formed consciences when they opted to use an artificial contraceptive?

We therefore ask our bishops and fellow Catholics not to block the passage of HB 5043, which promotes women's and couples' access to the full range of safe, legal, and effective modern natural and modern artificial family planning methods, from which they can choose the one most suitable to their needs and personal and religious convictions. To campaign against the bill is to deny our people, especially our women, many other benefits, such as maternal and child health and nutrition; promotion of breastfeeding; adolescent and youth health; reproductive health education; prevention and management of gynecological conditions; and provision of information and services addressing the reproductive health needs of marginalized sectors, among others. In pursuit of the common good, or the "sum total of social conditions which allow people... to reach their fulfillment more fully and more easily" (Gaudium et Spes 1965, no. 26), we call on the Catholic Church to let the RH Bill pass in Congress, and to consider forging a principled collaboration with the government in the promotion of natural family planning which Humanae Vitae deems morally acceptable, and in the formation of consciences with emphasis on the value of responsible sex and parenthood.

To our fellow Catholics who, in good conscience, have come to conclude, as we have, that we need a reproductive health law: we ask you to declare your support for HB 5043.

Finally, we call on our legislators in Congress and in the Senate to pass the RH Bill. Doing so upholds the constitutional right of spouses to found a family in accordance with their religious convictions; honors our commitments to international covenants; and promotes the reproductive health and reproductive rights of Filipinos, especially of those who are most marginalized on this issue our women, poor families, and youth.
(Excerpts from CATHOLICS CAN SUPPORT THE RH BILL IN GOOD CONSCIENCE
(Position paper on the Reproductive Health Bill by individual faculty* of the Ateneo de Manila University)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this paper are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of other faculty. Neither do they represent the official position of the Ateneo de Manila University nor the Society of Jesus.)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Population in the Philippines
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 09:48:44 PM »

j

juan

• View Profile
Philippine Population vs Pilbara, WA Population
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 10:19:42 PM »
The Pilbara is a large, dry, thinly populated region in the north of Western Australia known for its Aboriginal peoples, its stunning landscapes, the red earth and its vast mineral deposits, in particular iron ore. It is one of nine regions of the Regional Development Commissions Act 1993, and is also a bioregion under the Interim Biogeographic Regionalisation for Australia (IBRA).
The region has an estimated population of 48,610 as of June 2010. The Pilbara covers an area of 502,000 km², which includes some of Earth's oldest rock formations. It includes landscapes of coastal plains and mountain ranges with cliffs and gorges. The major settlements of the region are Port Hedland, Karratha and Newman.