Robbie Rogers is the first openly Gay Soccer Pro Player in North America!

• 8 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
You know why it's important he came out? There are so few role models out there for young gay athletes. Athletics is a very testosterone-driven environment that has been historically exclusive of and oppressive of gay males (figure skating aside...). It's ignorant to say sexuality is not a part of sports, that it's just about the game. I've played sports my whole life and this has been apparent since high school. At every stage post-puberty, athletic prowess is assumed to go hand in hand with sexual prowess. And specifically heterosexual prowess(for one, think of the common narrative of the varsity QB getting the hottest girl in school, et al). We always see pictures on the internet, in the newspapers of athletes with their model girlfriends (Yahoo! just had an article on its front page about that Mets pitcher, i think, who hooked up with Anne V via twitter). People like Robbie Rogers are inspiring for letting people know that they can be a way that most of society says you can't.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide

My thought's are "we should not even talking about (being gay) on social network." I am sure he is a true professional in what he elects to do. We have come so far, and we will be seeing more and more athlete's coming out. As long as he continues to conduct himself, it is all about the game, and not what goes on in the bedroom. Come on let's let him live the way chooses to live, and move on with something else to increase our blood pressure! I wish Robbie Rogers well.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Soccer stud Robbie Rogers got a leg up, so to speak, on Collins when he took to the field for the Los Angeles Galaxy in May 2013. Rogers, who announced he's gay just three months before, became the first openly gay athlete to play in a North American pro league.

pham

• proud to become an OMG model ever!
    • View Profile
Murag kita ko ani sa e!news
i'm sexy and i know it!!!

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
sana hindi na lang sya bumigay

bby_lai

• love fearlessly......