'Glenda' unleashes wrath, Signal No. 3 up in several areas

• 17 replies

Yenski

• No letting go, no holding back..
    • View Profile
'Glenda' unleashes wrath, Signal No. 3 up in several areas
« on: July 15, 2014, 11:32:37 PM »

(UPDATED 1:31 p.m., July 16) At 1:00 p.m. today, Wednesday, July 16, the eye of Typhoon "Glenda" was located at 64 kilometers west of Subic, Zambales with maximum sustained winds of 140 kph and gustiness of up 170 kph. It is moving northwestward with a speed of 25 kph.

The slightly weakened, "Glenda" has subsequently exited the Luzon land mass. It is expected to be outside the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) by tomorrow morning, Thursday, July 17.

State of calamity

Camarines Sur and Albay are now under a state of calamity after taking the brunt of 'Glenda.' (WATCH: Bicol Region under state of calamity)

Albay was the first to feel the wrath of Glenda as strong winds began battering the province, Tuesday afternoon.

Office of Civil Defense Regional Director Bernardo Alejandro says Albay suffered moderate damage and that they have yet to receive any report of casualties and injuries. Alejandro also says all roads in the province remain passable and most parts are flood free.

READ: EFFECTS OF TYPHOON GLENDA

Suspensions caused by storm

Work has been suspended for all government offices in the Metro, except agencies involved in the delivery of basic and health services, response to disasters, and security.

MRT and LRT operations have also been suspended.

Trading at the Philippine Stock Exchange has also been suspended, while dozens of international and domestic flights have been cancelled.

As of 11:45 a.m. on Wednesday, July 16, at least five deaths have been reported due to the typhoon.

SIGNAL NO. 3 (winds of 101 to 185 kph is expected in at least 18 hours) is up over:

Metro Manila
Zambales
Tarlac
Pampanga
Bataan
Bulacan
Rizal
Cavite
Lubang Island
Pangasinan

Mind Blowing!!

Yenski

• View Profile
Re: 'Glenda' unleashes wrath, Signal No. 3 up in several areas
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 11:34:21 PM »
i watched the news this morning ... grabe kawawa talaga yong mga tao, their houses, the roofs nagliparan na... out of electricity... hays!!
Mind Blowing!!

Yenski

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 11:40:59 PM »
UAAP, NCAA cancel Wednesday games due to Typhoon Glenda

The UAAP announced earlier that the two games scheduled for Wednesday, July 16, at the Mall of Asia Arena would be postponed to a later date due to Typhoon Glenda.

Although the effects of the typhoon were not felt in Manila on Tuesday, the worst of it is expected to hit the metro a few hours before the 2 pm game. As a precaution for the students and alumni who will be travelling to the venue, the UAAP has decided to move the games to a later date.

The UAAP games have often been affected by the weather. In 2009, Typhoon Ondoy postponed the Game 1 of the Finals between the Ateneo de Manila University Blue Eagles and the University of the East Red Warriors.

In 2011, Game 2 of the Finals between the Blue Eagles and the Far Eastern University Tamaraws was also cancelled due to Typhoon Pedring.

Last year, Typhoon Maring also washed out a UAAP game day. However, Game 3 of the UAAP finals pushed through despite the arrival of Typhoon Santi.

UAAP Board Secretary Rod Roque made the announcement regarding the postponement. Games affected are between the University of Santo Tomas Growling Tigers versus the University of the East Red Warriors and the Far Eastern University Tamaraws versus the Adamson University Falcons.

All of the women’s basketball games will also be postponed.

The NCAA followed suit as it also postponed the four games scheduled for July 16.

Juniors and seniors games featuring La Salle-College of St. Benilde (La Salle Greenhills for juniors) versus Pepetual and San Sebastian versus Emilio Aguinaldo College will be move to another play date.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 11:41:42 PM by Yenski »
Mind Blowing!!

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 07:40:13 PM »
ingat lang talaga po, ang mga aso't pusa huwag kalimutan din

Yenski

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 09:01:09 PM »
kawawa naman... pati mga baboy...huhu
Mind Blowing!!

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 09:16:25 PM »
animal lover ka ba sis?

bby_lai

• love fearlessly......
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 09:33:24 PM »
May kasunod daw c Glenda sina #HenryIndayJuan :(

Sent from my IdeaTabA1000-G using Tapatalk

Just be yourself,. Life is too short to be someone else

Yenski

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 11:55:01 PM »
Mind Blowing!!

Yenski

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 11:55:51 PM »
May kasunod daw c Glenda sina #HenryIndayJuan :(

Sent from my IdeaTabA1000-G using Tapatalk

hala oist!!
Mind Blowing!!

j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 12:53:14 AM »
kawawa naman... pati mga baboy...huhu
Pati ang mga baka sa Ilihan farm. Wagyu pa naman iyon! :D ;)
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.