mokarkar baya na sila ug atup, careful lang tawon

j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Solar powered mining to start next year
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2014, 09:40:51 PM »
pm me sa mga interested
The Australian mining industry is very2X interested!!!!!
 :o :o :o :o :o

________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted: 8/12/2014 5:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Energy, Mining, Oil-and-gas, Alternative-energy

In an interesting twist to the mining industry's cost efficiency drive, next year will see the first solar powered remote mine opening.

For an industry more commonly associated with fossil fuels, some may find Rio Tinto's solar powered bauxite mine in Queensland, WA, ironic; but it's a logical next step for mine operators struggling with the cost of fuel.

It makes sense. Mining is Australia's largest industrial energy consumer, and the price of solar power is plummeting, particularly compared with the transportation costs associated with shipping diesel to remote locations in the outback. And in the face of a global commodity slump, mine operators are looking to cut costs wherever they can. If solar energy is cheaper, so be it.

The Rio Tinto mine is just the first example. Indeed, the $23 million bill for implementing the solar technology has been partially backed by government subsidy, as it serves as a proof of concept. The Australian Renewable Energy Agency hopes the project will demonstrate the efficacy of the technology to other miners and help spread the use of clean energy throughout the industry.

Make no mistake, it's a gradual process. The initial phase of the Rio Tinto project will install a 1.7 megawatt (MW) Solar Photovoltaic array, projected to reduce demand on the Weipa mine's diesel generator by up to 20%, with production eventually ramping up to 5MW, allowing the diesel to be switched off entirely during certain times of the day.

But with costs for diesel and delivery expected to rise over the next few years, 73 mining projects across Australia were already at the 'committed' stage for solar projects as of April 2013, all currently expected to engage in similar hybrid energy solutions as at the Weipa mine.

But as the use of clean energy becomes more widespread, the costs will fall. That's why although the first phase of the Weipa mine array may sound relatively unimpressive, it could well be the first step in a transition for the entire industry towards clean, off-grid energy – cutting costs in the long term, helping the environment, and ultimately providing more energy security for remote mines, able to provide their own electricity.

Be a part of mining's future – see what job opportunities are available at miningoilandgasjobs.com

- See more at: http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/december-2014-(1)/solar-powered-mining-to-start-next-year.aspx#sthash.cPOoo3Is.dpuf

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you look at the map, Weipa is located in the northernmost tip of Queensland. Only walking distance ;D from the Philippines.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 09:57:10 PM by juan »
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
It’s no secret that the Australian mining sector pays well
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2014, 10:13:08 PM »
Posted: 9/12/2014 5:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Construction, Job-seekers, Mining, Oil-and-gas, Career-resources

In a recent controversial statement, Mitsui's chief of Australian operations, Yasushi Takahashi said the “inconvenient truth” of Australian mining is that wages are too high. Speaking to the Sydney Morning Herald, he said that it is a “good thing we are seeing high wages in the most liveable country in the world... If that's sustainable that's fine. But one concern is, is it really sustainable?”

The average annual wage for someone working in Australian mining is $138,000, more than double the US average. This has been a point of pride for the industry, but while the commodity sector is engaged in an enormous efficiency drive, thanks largely to a slump in global commodity prices, many bosses such as Takahashi are seeing such high labour costs as prohibitive. Roughly 25% of the cost of running a mine in Australia is comprised of labour, compared to 15% on average worldwide.

His concerns were preceded by a 2014 report by PwC that found Australia's high wages weren't matched by productivity: “Mining equipment in Australia runs at lower annual outputs than most of its global peers”, attributing the shortfall almost entirely to labour.

Of course, this begs the question – would productivity increase if wages were cut? Further, as recognised elsewhere, while some in the industry are seeking work overseas – unable to find employment in their speciality; exploration work in particular is not as available as it was as Australian mining has transitioned from opening new mines to operating those mines – high wages are arguably what brings people back down under.

It's also important to note that even in the wider economic context, mining remains the largest contributor to Australian economic growth, making it essential for us to attract and retain the best people we can. And if that means keeping wages high, that means keeping wages high.

Whatever side you come down on, salaries in Australian mining are higher than elsewhere. That's an issue that won't be going anywhere soon.
Australian mining salaries are the highest in the world. See what you could earn here

- See more at: http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/december-2014-(1)/its-no-secret-that-the-australian-mining-sector-pa.aspx#sthash.vIC36bSl.dpuf

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Re: Kinsay gusto magpa SOLAR dha?
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2014, 02:01:01 AM »
bagay siguro si Jomar mag mining?

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2014, 02:47:12 AM »
bagay siguro si Jomar mag mining?

Should he get into, hangtud mamuti na lng ang iyang bol2x, nag-install pa ghapog solar. Hehe :) ;)

Let me know aron tabangan natog huk2x. ;D ;)

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2014, 04:54:48 AM »
college graduate ba kailangan dyan?

gee_17

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2014, 05:05:36 AM »

mo school daw syag tesda kuya mikey... thrn mo abroad... kaya natin to! :) whew
please like my page (online shop) . Lot's of unique yet very affordable items to choose from.. Happy shopping! :)
please click the link below

https://www.facebook.com/pages/-REDLIPS-/133013416778699

rogergatal

• Administrator
  • "proud to be an MG security, and i'm watching you"
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2014, 05:08:06 AM »
sure naba yang desisyon nya? good for him.. sana tuloy2 na yang mga plans niya at susuportahan natin sya

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk

life is beautiful!

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2014, 05:49:03 AM »

Depends on unsai iyang sudlon. Maraming paths. Worst case scenario, start as an unskilled worker -- earn about $70K. Then, take it from there. :) ;)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 06:06:26 AM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2014, 05:58:57 AM »

Not too fast. Maraming paths, eg., photovoltaic engineering.
Best get a job there first. Decide later which path to follow.

Merely throwing in a suggestion. :) ;)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 06:00:02 AM by juan »