‘I don't want my son to think of me as a coward’ says Manny Pacquiao

• 2 replies

tricia_nikki

• Global Moderator
  • Don't judge a book by its cover.
    • View Profile
By Carlo Pamintuan | Yahoo PH Sports – Mon, Dec 15, 2014 3:25 PM PHT

A mega-fight between WBC champion Floyd Mayweather and WBO champion Manny Pacquiao has dominated boxing conversations for the past five years. Since Pacquiao stepped into the welterweight division, boxing fans wanted to see him fight the undefeated American.

However, the two camps can’t seem to work together to make what could be the richest fight in boxing history.

For Mayweather, drug testing, money, and Bob Arum are issues impeding the fight from happening although he has claimed that he is not ducking Pacquiao.

For the Filipino, however, his drive to fight Mayweather comes from a much simpler place. He does not want his son to think he’s a coward.

In a recent post on Instagram, Pacquiao shared a pictured of himself fighting Mayweather.

“He asked me before my career is over to fight Floyd first. I don't want my son to think of me as a coward,” Pacquiao posted. He also added that he wants to do it for fans.

In a recent interview, Mayweather said that he's willing to fight Pacquiao on May 2 but he also hinted that the Filipino fighter needs to take a smaller pot after losing to Juan Manuel Marquez and Timothy Bradley.
Friendship is the art of reaching out and touching someone else's heart.

erika

• View Profile
Re: ‘I don't want my son to think of me as a coward’ says Manny Pacquiao
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 06:05:23 AM »
Pacquiao wants his son to be proud of him.
OMG fashion lover

tricia_nikki

• Global Moderator
  • Don't judge a book by its cover.
    • View Profile
Re: ‘I don't want my son to think of me as a coward’ says Manny Pacquiao
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 05:27:45 AM »
'I don't mind being a rich coward' says Floyd Mayweather

http://www.mikeygatal.com/connect/index.php?topic=18389.new#new
Friendship is the art of reaching out and touching someone else's heart.