juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Fracking explained: opportunity or danger
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 09:21:51 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uti2niW2BRA

Published on Sep 3, 2013
Fracking explained in five minutes.

Fracking is a controversial topic. On the one side the gas drilling companies, on the other citizen opposed to this drilling method. Politicians are also divided on the matter.
We try to take a neutral look on fracking. It is relevant for all of us, because of high prices for energy and the danger for our drinking water.
This video focuses mostly on the debate currently ongoing in europe. In a lot of european countries there is a public outcry against fracking, espacially in germany. But the facts in this video are relevant to all of us.

Short videos, explaining things. For example Evolution, the Universe, Stock Market or controversial topics like Fracking. Because we love science.

We would love to interact more with you, our viewers to figure out what topics you want to see. If you have a suggestion for future videos or feedback, drop us a line! :)

We're a bunch of Information designers from munich, visit us on facebook or behance to say hi!
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
CNN Explains: Fracking
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 09:25:44 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAxsTJd7VCA

Published on Mar 8, 2012
How is hydraulic fracturing different from drilling for oil? And why is it called 'fracking'? CNN explains it to you.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 09:26:50 PM by juan »

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Fracking Documentary
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 09:31:21 PM »

j

juan

• View Profile
NT Opens the Way to Fracking
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 06:11:08 PM »
Posted: 3/03/2015 5:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Oil-and-gas, Mining

The Northern Territory Government has opened the way to allow hydraulic fracturing — a crucial part of an emerging shale, coal seam and tight gas mining.

Acting on recent debate on the industry, the NT Government commissioned an independent expert inquiry headed by Mr Allan Hawke to determine whether the industry had a basis for commercial operation. A report has now been handed down.

The economic value of the industry in NT could be as high as $360m according to miningoilandgasjobs.com industry expert Laura Gibson. She added that her estimate is based on the exploration permits already approved. The resultant production can be sufficient to warrant the construction of a pipeline to connect the eastern seaboard gas supply lines.

The Federal Australian Government has indicated that it broadly supports such an initiative as the NT gas supply will assist in keeping Eastern States gas prices under control.

The Northern Territory Mines and Energy Minister Dave Tollner said “The government broadly accepts the report’s six recommendations. The key finding is that fracking can take place safely in the Northern Territory, provided the appropriate regulatory and monitoring regime is in place to allay community concern,”

The report listed six recommendations as follows
1.   Consistent with other Australian and international reviews, the environmental risks associated with hydraulic fracturing can be managed effectively subject to the creation of a robust regulatory regime.
2.   The substantive weight of agreed expert opinion leads the Inquiry to find that there is no justification whatsoever for the imposition of a moratorium of hydraulic fracturing in the Northern Territory.
3.   The NT Government form a Cabinet Sub-Committee, chaired by the Deputy Chief Minister and comprising the Ministers whose portfolios cover Lands, Planning and the Environment; Land Resource Management; Mines and Energy; and Primary Industry and Fisheries to oversee the work required for the Northern Territory to set the standard for a best practice regulatory regime.
4.   The Northern Territory Environmental Assessment Act be restructured in the light of this Report and the proposed bilateral agreements with the Commonwealth on environmental assessments and approvals.
5.   The NT Government consider aligning the petroleum and mineral royalty frameworks.
6.   The NT Government propose through the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) Standing Council on Energy and Resources that the Australian Council of Learned Academies (ACOLA) host a workshop of international academies to consider their collective findings, learn from each other and identify the findings shared by all of the academies.
Mr Steve Gerhardi, director of the APPEA saw the report as a major step forward.
“Over the past 40 years, more than 30 wells in the NT and over 1000 wells in northern South Australia have been hydraulically fractured without any recorded cases of aquifer contamination,” he said.

- See more at: http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/march-2015-(1)/nt-opens-the-way-to-fracking.aspx#sthash.YGGqRmVs.dpuf

j

juan

• View Profile
Re: All You Need to Know About Shale Gas and Fracking
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 06:16:30 PM »
gotta go!enjoy the rest of the day everyone..!!God bless us all...till next time..:)
Thought engineers like you will be interested to read more on this. Believe it's the first major technological breakthrough for this millenium.
Wish I were your age. Would do all I can to get a job in this frontier of science.

Also, for young kababayans back home aspiring for this awesomely rewarding and lucrative career! :) ;)
They need you to dream them into reality.
 :) ;)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 06:37:36 PM by juan »