Mr. International Neil Perez on his National Costume

• 1 replies

erika

• View Profile
Mr. International Neil Perez on his National Costume
« on: March 06, 2015, 02:20:13 AM »

MANILA, Philippines – Mister International Philippines 2014 Neil Perez recently presented the national costume and suit he'll be wearing at the Mister International pageant in Seoul, South Korea, set for February 12.

"Sa amin kasi malaki yung lesson [regarding Miss Universe]. Kaya nag-prepare kami nang maigi. Nung nakita namin yung Miss U, nag-prepare nga kami, eto nga yung costume pinakita namin sa inyo –all Filipino designers talaga ang gumawa," Neil said during his send-off at One Esplanade, Tuesday, January 27.

(It was really a big lesson for us [regarding Miss Universe]. That's why we really prepared. When we saw what happened in Miss U – we prepared everything, the costume and suit that we are showing to all of you. Filipino designers made them.)

Neil's national costume was made by designer Edwin Uy, while Olan Roque did the formal wear.

The country's bet to the Miss Universe, Mary Jean Lastimosa, entered the Top 10 but failed to make it to the Top 5. Many pageant followers criticized the white gown by Colombian designer Alfredo Barraza as being one of the reasons why she didn't make it. Her national costume by the same designer was also controversial. (READ: Stella Araneta defends MJ Lastimosa’s national costume)

Festival-inspired

"I was inspired by the Dinagyang Festival. I wanted something na medyo smashy nang kaunti (a little)," Edwin said of the costume.

"Its basically formal wear. To my mind, I wanted something printed inside the shirt. Black tuxedo which will suit the personality of our candidate," Olan said of the suit.

Here are the photos:

With national costume designer Edwin Uy

Designer Olan Roque explains his formal outfit for Neil

Known as PO2 Mariano Perez Flormata Jr of the Philippine National Police, Neil won the title of Mister International Philippines last September.
Neil, a bomb and explosives technician with the PNP Aviations Security Group said that he will do his best to bring the title to the country.
He also said that he prepared well for the competition, undergoing extensive training for the question and answer portion, as well as in personality development. He also practiced his runway walk.
Neil said that he is dedicating his work in the pageant to the fallen members of the Special Action Force, who died during a violent clash in Maguindanao on Sunday, January 25. He said that 7 of them were members of his batch during their time in the academy.
OMG fashion lover

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Re: Mr. International Neil Perez on his National Costume
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 06:08:43 PM »
they were after all, he won, basta naman preparado eh at may big chance ang candidate natin