Angelina Jolie explains recent surgery

• 15 replies

erika

• View Profile
Angelina Jolie explains recent surgery
« on: March 25, 2015, 06:45:57 AM »

25 Mar – Angelina Jolie has recently explained her decision to remove her ovaries and fallopian tubes in order to avoid developing ovarian cancer.

The actress wrote in an Op-Ed on The New York Times, that it was suggested by her doctor for her to do the preventive surgery as it was necessary. She was told in a phone call from her doctor two weeks ago that she might be in risk of early cancer, after a blood test revealed several elevated inflammatory markers.

"Nothing in the examination or ultrasound was concerning. I was relieved that if it was cancer, it was most likely in the early stages," said Jolie, after the result of a follow-up test.

However, the "Maleficent" actress decided to undergo surgery after being advised by both Eastern and Western doctors; the risk of her developing cancer was high as three women in her family have died from cancer, including her own mother who was diagnosed at 49 and passed away at age 56.

The 39-year-old actress previously underwent a double mastectomy two years ago, after finding out she was at high risk of developing breast cancer. Last week, Jolie underwent laparoscopic bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy, removing her ovaries and fallopian tubes. She has, however, chosen to keep her uterus.

"I am now in menopause. I will not be able to have any more children, and I expect some physical changes. But I feel at ease with whatever will come, not because I am strong but because this is a part of life. It is nothing to be feared," she said.

Jolie's next appearance on the big screen will be in "By The Sea", which she also directs and writes. She will also return to voice Master Tigress in 2016's "Kung Fu Panda 3".
OMG fashion lover

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Re: Angelina Jolie explains recent surgery
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 09:39:42 AM »
she thought this is for a preventive surgery because cancer tuns in her family, very brave #AngelinaJolie

erika

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 06:37:29 AM »
the very brave Angelina Jolie
OMG fashion lover

felix

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://felix.boholano.net
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 11:29:13 PM »
I love her lipsss
"Good people are like wind. You cannot see what is inside thier hearts but you can always feel their goodness and sincerity"

http://felix.boholano.net

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 02:14:13 AM »
super pout xa.
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 07:46:21 AM »
know your nuts and feel your nuts campaign is underway, you should be aware of the symptoms guys.

pham

• proud to become an OMG model ever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 03:53:47 PM »
Very strong woman...
i'm sexy and i know it!!!

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 04:16:49 PM »
mao si Kevin, checked gyud

j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 05:14:07 PM »
mao si Kevin, checked gyud
Me too. Especially now me is 65 ... monitoring my diabetes (steroid induced) ... osteoporosis ... possible glaucoma ... possible bowel cancer ... cataract (had surgery done on rt eye ages ago) ... imported kidney ... list goes on and on.

Sick&tired of going to clinics. :-\ Asking myself, what for? ??? When my number's up ... it's up. :-\
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 08:52:47 PM »
maka monitor jud ka ana Pareng Juan kay naa man kay ikaabot para bayad sa monitoring, ang uban baliwala na ug unsay pamation sa lawas kay way ikaabot, dala dalahon na lang. tag huwat. pastilan.
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092