Zayn Malik on leaving One Direction: 'I've never felt more in control'

• 9 replies

erika

• View Profile
'I feel like I've let the fans down, but I can't do this anymore,' he says

MANILA, Philippines – Zayn Malik may have left One Direction, but he insists that a rift between him and the rest of the boys was not the reason for his departure.

In an interview with The Sun via People, Zayn said: "My band has been really supportive. They've been cool about it… And they understand that, you know, it's not real to me anymore."

"It is crazy and wild and a bit mad," he said. "But at the same time I've never felt more in control in my life. And I feel like I'm doing what's right – right by myself and right by the boys, so I feel good."

Zayn hasn’t forgotten his loyal fans: "I feel like I've let the fans down but I can't do this anymore,”

"It's not that I've turned my back on them or anything, it's just that I just can't do that anymore because it's not the real me,” he said.

People also reported that Zayn was working on new music, so it might not be long before fans will hear new material.

Zayn's departure was announced last March 25 (March 26 in Manila). Speculations that the 22-year old singer would leave the band only grew after Zayn’s sudden departure from the On The Road Again tour due to stress.

Many also speculated that his sudden departure from the tour was connected to rumors about him cheating on fiancee Perrie Edwards of Little Mix – rumors Zayn said were false.
OMG fashion lover

tricia_nikki

• Global Moderator
  • Don't judge a book by its cover.
    • View Profile
we will miss you zayn T_T
Friendship is the art of reaching out and touching someone else's heart.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
it's not a surprise anymore, some of the band members would leave for personal reasons then they could always make a come back!

erika

• View Profile
One DIrection members will miss him especially their bondings together with zayn
OMG fashion lover

tricia_nikki

• Global Moderator
  • Don't judge a book by its cover.
    • View Profile
mag so-solo career na si zayn
Friendship is the art of reaching out and touching someone else's heart.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
muslin pala sya?

pham

• proud to become an OMG model ever!
    • View Profile
Omg..I heard a news ..there 100 plus teenagers who commit suicide bcoz of that news..6 are fatal. And ive seen videos in YouTube,girls and boys are crying coz Zayn is leaving one direction..whew
i'm sexy and i know it!!!

pham

• proud to become an OMG model ever!
    • View Profile
Omg..I heard a news ..there 100 plus teenagers who commit suicide bcoz of that news..6 are fatal. And ive seen videos in YouTube,girls and boys are crying coz Zayn is leaving one direction..whew
i'm sexy and i know it!!!

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
grabe ang epekto pala?
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
hindi naman ako naapektuhan kasi i am not a fan but i danced their famous song "What Makes You Beautiful"