STEPHEN CURRY CAN DO ALL THINGS

• 2 replies

erika

• View Profile
STEPHEN CURRY CAN DO ALL THINGS
« on: June 21, 2015, 06:41:36 AM »

But why is he admired except by atheists?

The Golden State Warriors did more than winning the NBA championship. They won souls for Jesus Christ and continue to capture imaginations with their bold faith and performance par excellence led by their superstar Steph Curry and the team’s co-coach Mark Jackson who co-pastors a church in Van Nuys, California.

“I use every game as an opportunity to witness. I try to do a little signal every time I make shots as a way to preach the Message in little ways that I can. Each game is an opportunity to be on a great stage and be a witness for Christ. When I step (or Steph) on the floor, people should know who I represent, who I believe in,” Curry told Active Faith.

He proclaimed: “I’m proud to be a child of God.” But the NBA
and atheists are not. The league’s premier association warned Curry, “Don’t talk about God. Don’t mention Jesus.” But Curry set them straight. The Politicalinsider.com recently wrote, “With so much publicity, the NBA wouldn’t want Curry discussing this latest revelation about his faith. After all, it’s not ‘politically correct’ for famous people to discuss (in public) their faith in God. But Curry is doing it anyway!”
This is why Stephen Curry is Stephen Curry.

He was awarded the NBA’s Most Valuable Player citation for this 2015 season. In his acceptance speech, he was unashamed of his God: “First and foremost I have to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for blessing me with talents to play this game, with the family to support me, day in, day out, I’m His humble servant right now and I can’t say enough how important my faith is to who I am, and how I play the game.”

No wonder, Lebron James described Curry as “One of the best shooters the NBA will ever see. You just hope he misses.”

“He’s a calm, cool, collected customer who has tremendous faith,” said Coach Jackson. “He’s the type of guy you look at and say ‘That’s how I want my son to be.’ It’s a great testament to who he is and the God he serves.” Golden State forward David Lee was positively affected by Curry’s faith. Lee considered him to be playing an integral part in why he ultimately surrendered his life to God, “It’s something that’s a lifestyle for him. I’ve watch him sometimes from a distance, but I’ve asked him questions about his faith. He’s been a huge influence on me.”

Curry testified, “My faith continues to be my driving force. God’s blessed me with awesome support system in Oakland, starting with my head coach Mark Jackson, who is a pastor of a congregation in Southern California. It’s rare to have such an outspoken believer leading an NBA team. We also have about 10 guys on our team who attend our pregame chapels and pray together before games… and that’s something no earthly prize or trophy could ever top.”

Wow, with such an attitude and passion for God, who could beat Curry and the Golden Warriors? He knows better, “I know why I play the game, and it’s not to score points, but to use the stage I’m on. I’ve been put here for specific purpose: To be a witness and to share my testimony as I go through it.”

How true: There is nothing Steph can’t do, though he’s not alone by himself. His favorite Bible verse was on the signature shoe he modeled and was launched just last February, “I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME.” – Philippians 4:13
“There’s more to me than just this jersey I wear, and that’s Christ living inside of me.” - Stephen Curry

By Reni M. Valenzuela

OMG fashion lover

tricia_nikki

• Global Moderator
  • Don't judge a book by its cover.
    • View Profile
Re: STEPHEN CURRY CAN DO ALL THINGS
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 08:30:49 AM »
Wow! Go Stephen Curry!
Friendship is the art of reaching out and touching someone else's heart.

felix

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://felix.boholano.net
Re: STEPHEN CURRY CAN DO ALL THINGS
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 11:37:03 PM »
Congrats GSW!!!
"Good people are like wind. You cannot see what is inside thier hearts but you can always feel their goodness and sincerity"

http://felix.boholano.net