Sam Milby

• 54 replies

lamay

• View Profile
Sam Milby
« on: April 22, 2008, 08:26:52 AM »
Samuel Lloyd Lacia Milby (born on May 23, 1984 in Troy, Ohio, United States), commonly known as Sam Milby, is a Filipino-American actor, commercial model, and recording artist. Milby grew up with a Filipina mother native to Tago, Surigao del Sur and an American father. He became an instant celebrity and heartthrob after leaving the Pinoy Big Brother House in November 2005. He currently appears in a Sunday musical variety show, ASAP '08, through the segment called 'The Hearththrobs' with Piolo Pascual and John Lloyd Cruz. He also rendered his version of Only You to ABS-CBN's Tagalog-dubbed Korean soap of the same title.

Milby's first major film debut was Close to You, produced by ABS-CBN subsidiary Star Cinema and co-starring John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo. Milby also released a self-titled debut album in early 2006, which was repackaged in the third quarter of 2006.

Heartthrobs, featuring Piolo Pascual and Sam Milby at the Music Museum last February 2 and 3, has a repeat concert on March 17 following the big success of their first concert together. Milby was recently seen in the recently concluded top rating ABS-CBN primetime soap opera, Maging Sino Ka Man which garnered a 42.0% rating nationwide according to AGB Nielsen Philippines, the soap opera will have a book 2 following a big success and is tentatively schedule to be seen on September 2007. He is also starred in the blockbuster movie You Got Me with Toni Gonzaga and Zanjoe Marudo and he is schedule to shoot another movie with Toni Gonzaga and Kristine Hermosa entitled "My Big Love". Milby just concluded his successful US tour with Piolo Pascual, Pokwang and Rica Peralejo and scheduled for another European tour before the year ends. Milby is one of the busiest and bankable talents of ABS-CBNs Star Magic.

Early life: 1984-2005

Samuel Lloyd Lacia Milby is the youngest child of Elsie Lacia, from Tago, Surigao del Sur and Lloyd Milby, an entrepreneur from Dayton, Ohio. Sam was raised in Tipp City, Ohio.

Milby's early passion was ice skating. Training for competitive skating followed soon after. From age 9, Milby trained and lived with his coach and was home schooled until he was 15. On the weekends, he would get the chance to go home to his family and spend time with them. During this period in his life, he competed in numerous major ice skating competitions including the Junior Nationals. He and his skating partner of 4 years won silver and other awards in the course of his serious skating stint.

Discovery

Aside from his immediate family, Milby did not grow up with many Filipinos around. Yet the talented Fil-Am was no foreigner to his mother's country. He, along with his family, had visited the Philippines several times before. At one time he did take a shot at Philippine showbusiness. But pressing personal matters then prodded him to return to the States.

In his March 2005 return to the Philippines, Milby decided to seriously pursue a career in showbusiness and modeling. At the time, he temporarily stayed with relatives in Bulacan. Everyday he would take the bus to Manila to answer casting calls and auditions for modeling. Results were not always encouraging but his tenacity did yield some fruit. He landed bit roles in certain ads. Then came a big break from Close Up when he starred as their lead in their TV commercial with Barbie Almalbis.

Sam and Pinoy Big Brother

In July 2005, a phenomenal show hit Philippine TV – Pinoy Big Brother. This show featured 12 men and women from different walks of life. However, Sam was not part of the original 12. His break came when one of the contestants volunteered to leave the house for an urgent matter with her family. The show immediately held another audition in order to find a replacement. Milby was encouraged to audition by his then friend and current manager, Erickson Raymundo. Though unfamiliar with the show prior to his audition, he won the favor of the panel of judges and bested 200 plus others. The next day, he was informed of the spot he won in the Big Brother house.

Television Career

The closing of the door in Kuya’s house opened so many more other doors of opportunities for Milby. Today Sam has a platinum album, a budding film career, a regular spot in ASAP ’06, other TV guestings and another movie in the making.[citation needed]

Actor

February 14, 2006 marked the beginning of Milby's movie career. Starring alongside the love team of John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo, Close to Youwhich grossed in excess of P120,000,000 in the Philippine Box Office.

On August 30, 2006 You Are The One, the long awaited film starring Milby and Toni Gonzaga, Milby's popularity extends to the United States as the film was screened throughout the country beginning on September 15, 2006. Recently, he just starred in an episode of Maalaala Mo Kaya.

Model

Milby was a commercial model for close up toothpaste and a print ad model for Bench, a major clothing company.

Milby has endorsement deals with some of the biggest companies and brands in the Philippines. His current endorsement and sponsorship deals include, but are not limited to, Close Up, Centrum, Jollibee, Bench, Smart, Hawk, Aspen, Unisilver Time, Executive Optical, and Dermablend Papaya Orange Soap, SAM Swift hotdog, Nescafe. His latest endorsement was Lipton Milk Tea.

Recording Artist

In February 2006, Milby released his first solo effort aptly titled Sam Milby. The album was repackaged and re-released in August 2006 to add There's More (Centrum Song), the theme song to his Centrum endorsement spots which includes a product called " thoya thong" a lingerie for men which he loves to wear. It was certified platinum in March 2006.
shake it all off and just have fun!

Re: Sam Milby
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 10:48:25 AM »
sya ba yung fafa ni piolo?lols

jenny

• life is full of surprises!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 07:28:15 AM »

ok sya!
i'm back & i love ya'll, muah3x!

Milagrosa

• it's hot!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 07:25:06 PM »
sobrang pa girl effect ang tawa,walang duda

my bath tub is my friend nowadays!

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 12:04:39 PM »
go go go kay ate at kayo na mag judge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBcjEHcYI4E
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 10:04:08 AM by The BoholBizz »

jinkyjane

• I am 'Never Plain Jane'...
    • View Profile
    • Jinky Jane
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 12:07:50 PM »

Parang si George Michael. Walang duda!
"When I reach the place of my dreams, I will thank my failures and tears. They too, kept me going..." ~ Dodinsky (In My Garden of Thoughts)

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 12:08:37 PM »
baka idol din nya

jinkyjane

• I am 'Never Plain Jane'...
    • View Profile
    • Jinky Jane
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 12:31:38 PM »
Idol nga siguro. Idol mo rin di ba? Kasi idol ko rin. Hehehe...
"When I reach the place of my dreams, I will thank my failures and tears. They too, kept me going..." ~ Dodinsky (In My Garden of Thoughts)

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 12:33:29 PM »
Idol nga siguro. Idol mo rin di ba? Kasi idol ko rin. Hehehe...

hindi ko sya Idol,manash sya

Janet

• My Sexy Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 12:27:40 AM »
murag guikan nag kuan

Please Visit My Beauty With A Purpose Website

www.janet.jamcee.com